Predictions on region 1-A

GotSpeed

Whos the best teams in region 1 to watch out for this year.

Heres my picks, the top 4 could finish in either 1-4 spots

1. Hampton-Lyons and Bentley will be hard for anyone to match up with inside , If someone steps up at the point they could go far.

2. Unaka- Good shooters up front, and Roper will be tough inside and out.

3. Hancock County- returning alot from what i here.

4. Univ School- Have one of the best players in the state, I will have to wait and see about the team.

5. Jellico-?

6. Cloudland- Could make a run at things if Cody is 100%

7. Clinch-?

8. J. Frank White-?

9. Clinch-?

10. North Greene-?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see Hampton making it to the sub-state ON THE ROAD. McClain is an awful coach from my view. With Snavely back @ Unaka, he will do good. He will lead them, considering they lost 2 starters, and Jordan Lewis will add depth. Wuts so special about Hancock? Besides Seal being back in town. Cloudland will be good and will have some momentum after last year's run to the state. Hughes, Hughes, Buck, Calhoun, Stocton make up a pretty good lineup.

1. Unaka

2. Hampton

3. Cloudland

4. U High

5. Hancock

6. North Greene

7. Washburn

8. J Frank

9. Jellico

10. Clinch-return all 5 starters from last year. Not many teams do that. This might be the best Clinch team in school history. Tobey Norris has a money ball. Taylor Ferrell will win the scoring title in NE TN over Omar Wattad and Antwine Wiggins.

1. Unaka- Best Coach, real good talent

2. Hampton- Posably best talent, but awful coach

3. Hancock- Bound to returnt to what they used to be, especialy with Seal back

4. UH- One of the better 1A players in the state, but would be just as better off playing with 4 folding chairs out there with him

5. Cloudland- Lots of momentum and lots of heart with a crafty coach

6. North Greene- Frenchy is FINALLY a senior

7. Clinch- Returns all 5. Played close games with everyone in their disrict aside from Hancock last year. Good things happen to good people

8. J. Frank White- That 1 kid who wears tube socks ain't that bad

9. Washburn- From what I understand, graduated alot of scoring from last year

10. Jellico- From what I understand, about half of what was an awful team graduated

And HighSchoolFanatic, Taylor Ferrel wasn't on the Clinch team last year. Not when we saw them. Toby Norris is a good shooter and Murrell is their man inside.

1. Unaka- Best Coach, real good talent

2. Hampton- Posably best talent, but awful coach

3. Hancock- Bound to returnt to what they used to be, especialy with Seal back

4. UH- One of the better 1A players in the state, but would be just as better off playing with 4 folding chairs out there with him

5. Cloudland- Lots of momentum and lots of heart with a crafty coach

6. North Greene- Frenchy is FINALLY a senior

7. Clinch- Returns all 5. Played close games with everyone in their disrict aside from Hancock last year. Good things happen to good people

8. J. Frank White- That 1 kid who wears tube socks ain't that bad

9. Washburn- From what I understand, graduated alot of scoring from last year

10. Jellico- From what I understand, about half of what was an awful team graduated

And HighSchoolFanatic, Taylor Ferrel wasn't on the Clinch team last year. Not when we saw them. Toby Norris is a good shooter and Murrell is their man inside.

Clinch, Jellico, J Frank, and Washburn would make a great final 4. I thought Ferrell was a Sr, but o well he was Mr. Clinch.

Hancock should have pretty good year. Just one Senior but lots of great talent and expierience from there Junior class along with the biggest player in the region in Sophomore Theo Collinsworth (6'7). Point gaurd Evan McCoy has 2 years running the offense and is just a Junior and has a a great shot from beyond the arc....

District 1 should be pretty close with Unaka getting a shot of enthusiasm from a new coach - Hampton returning quite a few, that played everyone close or better last year - University High always seems to come around, with one of the best shooters - Cloudland returns alot and could be a contender. It'll take a few games to see what everyone's got and team/coach chemistry before true opinions can be made as well as everyone getting their football players into basketball condition. :lol:

District 1 should be pretty close with Unaka getting a shot of enthusiasm from a new coach - Hampton returning quite a few, that played everyone close or better last year - University High always seems to come around, with one of the best shooters - Cloudland returns alot and could be a contender. It'll take a few games to see what everyone's got and team/coach chemistry before true opinions can be made as well as everyone getting their football players into basketball condition. :thumb:

Not to upset anyone or create any further speculation, but Andrew French will not be playing at North Greene for his Senior season. I would rather not discuss in any further detail.

Good luck to Unaka in District 1....I would like to see them and Hancock play, i remember when they had some great games but it has been a few years since they have met.This year it should be different in the region with Hancock putting a good team on the floor, lots of injuries hurt the Indians in the off season and in team camps but with everyone healthy the Indians should have there best team in years. Hopefully Region 1A will put 2 teams in the state tournament this year....

1.Unaka- will be tough as allways.Grindstaff can stroke it.

2.Hampton- has some good players back.(shot the lights out in sub-state)

3.Hancock co.-seal is a great coach and they got a lot of good players back

4.Cloudland-lots of momentum off last years tourney run

5.U high-Who is their (All state guy)?

6.Rest dont really matter

I know it is early but here are my predictions.

Unaka at home for sub-state

Hampton on road for sub-state(hancock & cloudland will be in running too)

1.Unaka- will be tough as allways.Grindstaff can stroke it.

2.Hampton- has some good players back.(shot the lights out in sub-state)

3.Hancock co.-seal is a great coach and they got a lot of good players back

4.Cloudland-lots of momentum off last years tourney run

5.U high-Who is their (All state guy)?

6.Rest dont really matter

I know it is early but here are my predictions.

Unaka at home for sub-state

Hampton on road for sub-state(hancock & cloudland will be in running too)

Thanks for the support Cosbybball... You know, the team that Unaka Puts on the floor this year is practicly the same team that give ya'll a run for your money at the end of last year, only they have another year of experiance. :lol: