Big 9 conference

wkktnvolsfan

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My take on the Big 9 is this:

Science Hill is the team to beat.Dobyns-Bennett, Daniel Boone, Tennesse, Sullivan South, and Sullivan Central, will be chasing them. That's not to discount the other three teams, I just don't know that much about them yet.

Daniel Boone can be tough, but will they be consistent?

Tennessee High was alittle down in summer league, but will have all their players now, and they are very well-coached.

Dobyns-Bennett will be tough as well, and South and Central surprised some people this summer.

Anybody out there who can shed some light on East, Crockett, and Volunteer?

My take on the Big 9 is this:

Science Hill is the team to beat.Dobyns-Bennett, Daniel Boone, Tennesse, Sullivan South, and Sullivan Central, will be chasing them. That's not to discount the other three teams, I just don't know that much about them yet.

Daniel Boone can be tough, but will they be consistent?

Tennessee High was alittle down in summer league, but will have all their players now, and they are very well-coached.

Dobyns-Bennett will be tough as well, and South and Central surprised some people this summer.

Anybody out there who can shed some light on East, Crockett, and Volunteer?

Dobyns Bennett will probably be in the running with Science Hill. Rumor is that DB's coach is going to let the team run a little more than what he has in the past. We will just have to see. Science Hill will be tough and may even be better than last year. They have an excellent coach that has that school heading in the right direction.

Science Hill is too slow, Tenn. High lost too many players, South was bad last year but should do a little better (if they get a new coach), Central, No size inside, I don't think so. Volunteer could be competitive for a region spot, Crockett- No, Boone should be in the mix, East - No, "IF" DB does run this year they could be the team to beat if they play slow ball they might make it to regionals.

Good Luck to all.

1. DB

2. Boone

3. Science Hill

4. Volunteer

5. Tenn. High

6. Central

7. South

8-9. Crocket and East

Science Hill too slow?? What have you been watching?? Volunteer 4th, try 8th or 9th, South should be better. Tn. High will still be very competitive. Who is going to run for DB?? Just wondering.

The whole team. Last year they were not allowed to do much outside of the "coaches" system. Coach France has his set ways that he likes the teams he coaches play. He is more of a move the ball around type of guy, not a run and gun type. With a good point guard he should be able to pick up the tempo of the game. I still believe that Science Hill is the team to beat in the Big 9. Their coach had a full summer to work with these girls and develop them. Last year they were the surprise team and this year they will just continue to get better.

Science Hill is too slow, Tenn. High lost too many players, South was bad last year but should do a little better (if they get a new coach), Central, No size inside, I don't think so. Volunteer could be competitive for a region spot, Crockett- No, Boone should be in the mix, East - No, "IF" DB does run this year they could be the team to beat if they play slow ball they might make it to regionals.

Good Luck to all.

1. DB

2. Boone

3. Science Hill

4. Volunteer

5. Tenn. High

6. Central

7. South

8-9. Crocket and East

Science Hill is too slow, huh? They were the team last year, lost few players, and have some very talented sophmores to help out this year. If they're not at least your preseason top pick, then your list is jacked up.

Dobyns-Bennett could very well be number 2. They were a little behind at team camp early in the summer, but were without their best player, also.

Boone will be pretty good again, with Caldwell and Nickles, but how good will depend on how much help they get from their many sophmores.

Tennessee High will have good guard play, but their inside game is a little suspect at this point.

I think that South, Central, and maybe the other three are capable of beating anybody, but not everybody. (Does that make sense?)

These are opinions and things could develop differently, but anyway, THANK GOODNESS the season is officially here.

When I saw Science Hill this summer several of the players looked a little slower. It looked like maybe they had put on some weight in the off season. I guess when they get in playing shape this will change. But as a rule as girls get older and mature the majority do get slower. DB will be using their young players to keep the tempo up.

I'm not sure a Big 9 all-star team could win the regional this year.

Also lookout for Volunteer, I hear there is a chance a family is moving in that has twins who are excellent athletes and are both over 6'1" and they will be sophmores. More later.