Science Hill Coach?

Mike Turner is the OC @ Carson-Newman. Former head football coach @ Science Hil (1992 & 1993).

Randy Ferrell, what a joke! You jest?!

Honestly I dunno. I think he has coached the QB's. Honestly I just named names randomly. Him and Todd Barnett just came to mind. I dunno even know if theyre helpin them this year. All I know is that Bowles is fired.

Edited by HighSchoolFanatic

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be right, but they've got far greater problems to solve than John Bowles. The town it's self has never been a football town. Just ask ETSU. I remember a D-B assistant telling me that before a big game in JC, the fans were taunting them BEFORE the game with "we'll get you guys in basketball." They will have to overhaul their whole acceptance of what football is before firing one coach will matter. Do you really think that in a town like Johnson City they would accept an old time football coach? I mean one of those guys who works them like dogs, makes them hit, makes them practice hard, and demands from them what winning coaches demand? Do you really think they will let a new coach bring in 3 or 4 assistants who are in-your-face types that preach the toughness of football and that basketball and baseball are sports for wimps? Nope, not in that town. When they get an old school guy who tells interfering parents where they can go, they will have the Johnson City Commission holding special meetings to run him out of town. It can be done there, but it will take far more than running one man out of town.

You might be right, but they've got far greater problems to solve than John Bowles. The town it's self has never been a football town. Just ask ETSU. I remember a D-B assistant telling me that before a big game in JC, the fans were taunting them BEFORE the game with "we'll get you guys in basketball." They will have to overhaul their whole acceptance of what football is before firing one coach will matter. Do you really think that in a town like Johnson City they would accept an old time football coach? I mean one of those guys who works them like dogs, makes them hit, makes them practice hard, and demands from them what winning coaches demand? Do you really think they will let a new coach bring in 3 or 4 assistants who are in-your-face types that preach the toughness of football and that basketball and baseball are sports for wimps? Nope, not in that town. When they get an old school guy who tells interfering parents where they can go, they will have the Johnson City Commission holding special meetings to run him out of town. It can be done there, but it will take far more than running one man out of town.

stony: You know how things in JC work. The present coach has been in office for 8 years. A rollercoaster record, you might say. The JC powers must be dying off. I'm surprised he has been at the helm this long.

These guys need to focus on the next game....Ooltewah I gather. The coaches and the players deserve an opportunity to focus on accomplishing a goal that hasn't been done in awhile...going to the 2nd round of the playoffs. ANYTHING that distracts them from it is really a disservice to the kids. I have personally disagreed with the coaches from time to time, but then again, I've disagreed with God a few times as well (no, I don't equate them....just noting I'm capable of being wrong). I am always leary of seeing a coach fired for incompetence with the x's and o's. How they treat players is another issue. I have deliberately stayed out of such discussions this year, but I gather that there are likely some issues there. I do not know the "scoop", but it is readily apparent that there are some highly emotional matters playing out. Firing a coach is, and should be treated, in a very serious manner. We are dealing with people's lives....and I'm well aware that includes our kids.