Fayette Academy vs.Lake co

mrbigster

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BoredGuy..As much as I hate to admit it...It seems like we have regressed more than progressed..People can say we have played tougher teams the past 2 or 3 weeks..but we are not going to tackle anyone just by sticking our arms out and that's what we have been doing the past few weeks..And I'm not blaming the coach..He can't go out there and play defense for our team!I believe ..based on what I've seen the past few weeks..you are going to be right...But..I'm hoping our players realize it's win or go home for the season and step up!

I guess the defense was terrible at Bruceton.We gave up 14 points in that game.Held Jordan to 180 yards which is below his average. We fumbled twice inside the 20 and stalled inside the 10. We got alot of very questionable calls in that game. These kids get on coach t and read this stuff. It is sad to know that they have to read on here that their own fans have given up on them.They may or may not beat Fayette Acad but at least they deserve their own fans support. I hope the LC football players and coaches put all of the negative behind them and play their hearts out Friday night and good things will happen. I will be in Sommerville to support the falcons win or lose.Just maybe these kids are not ready for basketball season.

I guess the defense was terrible at Bruceton.We gave up 14 points in that game.Held Jordan to 180 yards which is below his average. We fumbled twice inside the 20 and stalled inside the 10. We got alot of very questionable calls in that game. These kids get on coach t and read this stuff. It is sad to know that they have to read on here that their own fans have given up on them.They may or may not beat Fayette Acad but at least they deserve their own fans support. I hope the LC football players and coaches put all of the negative behind them and play their hearts out Friday night and good things will happen. I will be in Sommerville to support the falcons win or lose.Just maybe these kids are not ready for basketball season.

Maybe the Falcons will get a little bit of the Tennessee syndrome -- meaning that whenever they're double-digit underdogs on the road and NO ONE is giving them a chance, they pull the upset (I know you just LOVE hearing about the Vols, haha). I'm not counting them completely out, but I've got to believe Fayette Academy is a pretty big favorite here. They have been the class of 1A in the West all year, and I anticipate an all-out war between the Vikes and McKenzie in the third round. I don't see Lake County winning this one. (And yes, that WAS intended as a reverse jinx.)

I feel you, but i am just being realistic. I hope they come out hit somebody, play nearly error free and prove me to be a big fat liar. Show me something!!!!! That is too long a drive home after a loss. You guys showed me nothing against Bruceton. Nobody should stop you from inside the 20...That's just wrong! Win or lose that pattycake tackling has got to go. Its SUDDEN DEATH, DO OR DIE, PUT UP OR SHUT UP, NOW OR NEVER, TIME TO STEP UP!!!!!! :lol: Is there an easy way to get to Sommerville from Tiptonville. If there is I haven't been able to find it.

Edited by spellerone

jordan actually had 202 yards, right at his average, but who am i to be a statistic? i was a messy game for both. maybe bruceton and lake co. will meet again in the 2nd round, but FA is tough. i have them by 15+

Tough is right. I ain't forgot about last year or the year before. Could the third time be a charm. I'll say one thing for FA, they do a kickin' concession stand. We lost the game and I gained 5 pounds. WHAT??? GOTTA EAT!!!

Edited by spellerone

Maybe the Falcons will get a little bit of the Tennessee syndrome -- meaning that whenever they're double-digit underdogs on the road and NO ONE is giving them a chance, they pull the upset (I know you just LOVE hearing about the Vols, haha). I'm not counting them completely out, but I've got to believe Fayette Academy is a pretty big favorite here. They have been the class of 1A in the West all year, and I anticipate an all-out war between the Vikes and McKenzie in the third round. I don't see Lake County winning this one. (And yes, that WAS intended as a reverse jinx.)

Hey Bigwes do you think you could borrow Smokey for Friday night... I heard he bites. We need all the help we can get. I say let's run student body right and student body left and shock 'em when we go up the middle. Are you with me?

I'm not wanting to be negative and I will be there also..but we have the talent..And I'm not blaming the coaching..We aren't wrapping up and making tackles..I hope it's a pretty warm night and we go out and hit someone and send that message!We are very capable!

Who are you blaming, mrbig..................just asking...careful now.

Maybe you should have took your stats and called the Jackson Sun..They had Jordan with about 204 yards..And on several of those runs Lake co hit him at the line of scrimmage..no..they stuck an arm out and he went for an extra 20 or 30 yards..Bruceton also had a couple drives stalled deep in our territory..And had it not been for Yancey and Sep having the speed to catch Jordan from behind ,Bruceton would have had 3 more touchdowns...Is that what you call defense..let them run 30 yards and ..Sep..You have the speed..go catch him from behind!We did get a lot of very questionable calls..As far as given up on them..if you will read..I said we have more talent than we have shown..I hope you are right about not being ready for basketball season..We'll see this Friday night!As far as supporting Lake Co..I can promise ..I've been to more games than you have ..win or lose...I was there through the lean years during the Stegall years..The good years in the late 60's and early 70's when Wooten was there!

Edited by mrbigster