Fayette Academy vs.Lake co

mrbigster

Well, Well, WELL that's the spirit. I'm glad you included us in this whooping. Now let's get after em. 8A doesn't think Lake County is any count and if your kids are as mad at that as we are then 8A has one coming. Get up off your rumps Lake CO. and let's start eliminating folks. :thumb:

Hey Spellerone , we may have awaken a demon. :thumb:

Glad ..Lake Co ,Spellrone and you woke me up!Go Falcons!

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe you should have took your stats and called the Jackson Sun..They had Jordan with about 204 yards..And on several of those runs Lake co hit him at the line of scrimmage..no..they stuck an arm out and he went for an extra 20 or 30 yards..Bruceton also had a couple drives stalled deep in our territory..And had it not been for Yancey and Sep having the speed to catch Jordan from behind ,Bruceton would have had 3 more touchdowns...Is that what you call defense..let them run 30 yards and ..Sep..You have the speed..go catch him from behind!We did get a lot of very questionable calls..As far as given up on them..if you will read..I said we have more talent than we have shown..I hope you are right about not being ready for basketball season..We'll see this Friday night!As far as supporting Lake Co..I can promise ..I've been to more games than you have ..win or lose...I was there through the lean years during the Stegall years..The good years in the late 60's and early 70's when Wooten was there!

Yes, bigster you know who I am. As far as going to more games than me, you should have your older.lol I have been going to LC football games since the early 70's and I to went through the Stigall and Smith years. I do agree that this team arm tackles to much.I'm just hoping that they play a complete game Friday night. The point I was trying to make on my last post was it's an entire teams effort that wins or loses. To just single out the defense is wrong.The offense fumbled twice in the red zone,first and goal from the 9 and could not score and 4th an inches the offense of line did not get the job done. As a team we could have played better.There were many times that the defense stopped Jordan for little or no gain.He did however break two runs of 33 yards one of 27 and another for 25.Did Sep and Damio run him down on all his long runs No.As far as stats go Bruceton had him for 202 and we had him for 180. Bruceton had around 250 total yards for the game and we had over 300. I am like you when my kids do good I praise them but when they do wrong I try to help them see their wrong doing and correct it. All that being said I think we should all get behind them and go to Fayette Academy and support them and who knows we may just pull the upset.

Now, I wish you hadn't gone there. Oh no you didn't. I had almost forgot about that. I can't possibly block out the horror of the Stegall years if you insist on bringing it up. Why, Why. Do anything you have to do to make your point Mrbig but please please let us never revisit the Stegall era again. Nightmares tonight, are you happy now!!

Hey, at least you didn't have to PLAY during that era. :lol:

I feel your pain on that "sticking out your arms". I hate being negative but seems like we want to hug a guy and do a dosido to get a guy down. That will get a guy down but a good hit sends a message and starts a guy to thinking the next time he gets that ball in his hand. The coach brought us back from oblivion as a football program. I guess I have been spoiled by past LC teams. I guess I should be satisfied with winning more than losing. I just hate those close games where you have so many opportunities to win and come up short. When we get trounced I can take that better. The best team just won. I am not saying the best team didn't win last night. I wasn't happy with the officiating either but we shot ourselves in the foot enough last night to lose that game. That was a long ride home after standing in the rain and wind for about three hours. Of course that ain't the first time I have had a long ride home from Bruceton. Three times this year when we really needed to get it done, we didn't. That's the difference in being good and being great. I'm disappointed but I will be there next week at Fayette Academy in the rain, wind, sleet or snow. I ain't no fair weather fan....... :thumb: Oh yea , our football season ends next week...

Why in the heck would you drive all the way to Fayette Academy since you pick Lake Co. to lose. You can watch the fifth quarter and get the score and save your gas money. The Falcons don't need any doubters on our sideline so do us a favor and sit on Fayette Academy's side. As for the coach, he sent us to fayette Academy with a 4th and 1 play on our own 20 yard line at bruceton. The refs and coach was a big part of losing that one, not just the players. Lake Co lost 2 games by 5 points. 5 points away from being 9-1 so don't under estimate a 4th place team. To all doubters--------STAY HOME. We will be ready. LC 20 FA-14

Edited by lcfalconfever

Why in the heck would you drive all the way to Fayette Academy since you pick Lake Co. to lose. You can watch the fifth quarter and get the score and save your gas money. The Falcons don't need any doubters on our sideline so do us a favor and sit on Fayette Academy's side. As for the coach, he sent us to fayette Academy with a 4th and 1 play on our own 20 yard line at bruceton. The refs and coach was a big part of losing that one, not just the players. Lake Co lost 2 games by 5 points. 5 points away from being 9-1 so don't under estimate a 4th place team. To all doubters--------STAY HOME. We will be ready. LC 20 FA-14

you shouln't be hatting on your coach like that. Its easy for you to call plays when your sitting in the stands. Maybe you should stay home and not waste YOUR gas money. :thumb:

[/quo

This post that you are replying to was written when I was depressed and emotionally drained. I have since changed my tune if you will kindly read my more recent post on this matter. You will also find in a more recent post that I said I ain't no fair weather fan. I'm with the Falcons through thick and thin cheering them on. The only time I have missed a game since 1969 was when I had to work. Thank goodness that hasn't been many times. And just so you know I will drive anywhere I want and spend as much on gas as i want that is my perogative. And if you tell me that you have never had any doubt about whether we could win a game or not then you are either a liar or mentally challenged. And I don't have any doubts about that. Now as for the decision to go for on 4th and one, that is one of those situations where if it works you are a hero and if it doesn't you are a bum. Truth of the matter is it wasn't a yard. And I believe we got a terrible spot by those "fine" officials. It is easy to bash the coach and I don't agree with everything he does but he is the coach. Before he got here, there was serious talk about discontinuing football. That was how bad it got. I don't have him in the Hall of Fame or anything but he saved football in Lake County. Could you imagine no football on Friday night? I can't. If you had the choice between either of the two slugs that preceded him as coach or coach Barger who would you choose. And since you are handing out blame for that loss why don't you give Bruceton some credit. If you are on the Falcons side I am on your side. Read my other posts on this thread after this one that you are replying to and then tell if you want me to stay home. I ain't staying but I am curious to see what you have to say then. I many times have doubts but I always hope that I am wrong. Just as I am sure you never have doubts and you find out you have been wrong. LET'S GO GREEN!!!!!!

I guess the defense was terrible at Bruceton.We gave up 14 points in that game.Held Jordan to 180 yards which is below his average. We fumbled twice inside the 20 and stalled inside the 10. We got alot of very questionable calls in that game. These kids get on coach t and read this stuff. It is sad to know that they have to read on here that their own fans have given up on them.They may or may not beat Fayette Acad but at least they deserve their own fans support. I hope the LC football players and coaches put all of the negative behind them and play their hearts out Friday night and good things will happen. I will be in Sommerville to support the falcons win or lose.Just maybe these kids are not ready for basketball season.

You are right. that isone thing that really makes me mad. We work like crazy in practice to go down there and play four quarters of football. Then we get on the internet and see where all of our fans have given up on us. Like coach says no matter how much you talk you still have to strao 'em up and play some ball. I know we still havent won the big one yet, but this being my last year, i will do everything in my power not to lose to them for the third year on a row. Come on LC fans, have some faith in the Green and Gold.

Yes, bigster you know who I am. As far as going to more games than me, you should have your older.lol I have been going to LC football games since the early 70's and I to went through the Stigall and Smith years. I do agree that this team arm tackles to much.I'm just hoping that they play a complete game Friday night. The point I was trying to make on my last post was it's an entire teams effort that wins or loses. To just single out the defense is wrong.The offense fumbled twice in the red zone,first and goal from the 9 and could not score and 4th an inches the offense of line did not get the job done. As a team we could have played better.There were many times that the defense stopped Jordan for little or no gain.He did however break two runs of 33 yards one of 27 and another for 25.Did Sep and Damio run him down on all his long runs No.As far as stats go Bruceton had him for 202 and we had him for 180. Bruceton had around 250 total yards for the game and we had over 300. I am like you when my kids do good I praise them but when they do wrong I try to help them see their wrong doing and correct it. All that being said I think we should all get behind them and go to Fayette Academy and support them and who knows we may just pull the upset.

You're right..And we are capable of winning this game

Well..even your're being negative by blaming the coach!