A/AA State Bracket and Predictions

chxian

Now that it's down to "one and done" what are your predictions? Here's what I've got. One half of the bracket is loaded with the only 3 teams that imo can win it.

Quarterfinals:

Franklin Road vs Notre Dame

Franklin Road

JCS vs CAK

CAK

USJ vs Spring Hill

USJ

Sweetwater vs Knoxville Catholic

Knoxville Catholic

Semifinals:

Franklin Road vs CAK

Franklin Road

USJ vs Knoxville Catholic

Knoxville Catholic

Finals:

Franklin Road vs Knoxville Catholic

Franklin Road

Edited by chxian

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now that it's down to "one and done" what are your predictions? Here's what I've got. One half of the bracket is loaded with the only 3 teams that imo can win it.

Finals:

Franklin Road vs Knoxville Catholic

Franklin Road

I like your pick...but it is not going to make the public schools very happy! You're right...the heavy talent is on one side of the bracket...some may like this in that all the heavys have to play each other to get to the finals....if you'e on the right side of the bracket you sit back and hope to get a tired beat up team in the finals! :blink:

I like your pick...but it is not going to make the public schools very happy! You're right...the heavy talent is on one side of the bracket...some may like this in that all the heavys have to play each other to get to the finals....if you'e on the right side of the bracket you sit back and hope to get a tired beat up team in the finals! :blink:

I definitely like Sweetwater over Catholic. Their big two (Gruenenfelder and Morris) are better than Catholic's big two (Sutch and (sorry, I forget). Supporting casts are about equal, maybe Catholic's is a little better. Gruenenfelder will surprise a lot of people. She's really fast and skilled. Morris is an animal when she's on.

On the other side, FRA will beat up ND but ND wins, then loses to CAK.

CAK defeats Sweetwater in the final. Too much Novicoff, too much team speed, too much depth, and too much good coaching.

I definitely like Sweetwater over Catholic. Their big two (Gruenenfelder and Morris) are better than Catholic's big two (Sutch and (sorry, I forget). Supporting casts are about equal, maybe Catholic's is a little better. Gruenenfelder will surprise a lot of people. She's really fast and skilled. Morris is an animal when she's on.

CAK defeats Sweetwater in the final. Too much Novicoff, too much team speed, too much depth, and too much good coaching.

Have not seen CAK or Sweetwater play....Catholic was not impressive early in the year, but I hear they have improved and returned some injured players.....I have trouble believing there is a team in A/AA that handles either ND or FRA without a lot of trouble (not short changing the Novikoff girl, but one forward with or without speed does not run over either of these defenses....I think one of them (ND/FRA) wins it...of course, I'm pulling for a three-peat!

i have not seen CAK play

what do they have that would put them in the finals?? FRA and notre dame have defenses that are top in the state, but can one forward break them?

and in my opinion, if notre dame can beat FRA or any team at that, then they can get to the finals. a team like FRA isnt easy to beat, but when it happens anything can seem possible.

I don't think Gruenfelder will surprise them since a few of the Catholic girls play club with her. I think this game will come down to who has the better midfield play. Both teams will have opportunities with the quality of the strikers. I don't think I am going out on a limb when I say the team that wins this game will be in the finals.

The other side is definitely tougher to pick. I hope ND and FRA beat up on eachother and are just to worn out to face CAK and forfeit. I would really like to see CAK in the final, but I think FRA is toooo tough. Now I am starting to believe the hype because I have never seen them play.

I will go with FRA beating Sweetwater in the final by 6 or 7. A couple of goals early and they ride the momentum to a big score.

Sorry to the ladies I picked against, but I will go to another post and change my picks. I should be right on one of them.

Edited by Soccer Gypsy

I don't think Gruenfelder ...........

Sorry to the ladies I picked against, but I will go to another post and change my picks. I should be right on one of them.

Always good to hedge your bets when you can!!!!

Looks like rain early Wed.......I hate that for everyone! You want these games played in good conditions! :lol:

Looks like rain early Wed.......I hate that for everyone! You want these games played in good conditions! :huh:

Yeah looks like a little rain but the forcast for Chatanooga says highs in the low 70's on Wed. 30 % rain chance...So at least it wont be too wet or cold. But with all the rain from last week the fields probably haven't had a chance to dry out. I ll be there rain or shine. =))

Looks like rain early Wed.......I hate that for everyone! You want these games played in good conditions! :o

Yeah looks like a little rain but the forcast for Chatanooga says highs in the low 70's on Wed. 30 % rain chance...So at least it wont be too wet or cold. But with all the rain from last week the fields probably haven't had a chance to dry out. I ll be there rain or shine. =))

AS I remember the CCS field it is shaded all down the side of the stands is pretty low.....it will be hard for that half the field to dry any at all! :huh:

Hamlet, are you an unbiased observer that has been able to watch each of these teams play this year? Just for reference purposes.