Best From Region V

The One And Only

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Tullahoma will be very tough for any region 5 team to beat and will contend with some of the best in the state.

Possible Line-up:

103- Wesley Fouch, Soph.

112- John Jordan, Fr.

119- Will Norris, Soph. (2006 State Qualifier)

125- Ziad Aboulmouna, Jr. (2005 & 2006 State Qualifier)

130- Rene' Karteron, Sr. (2006 State Qualifier)

135- Trevor Schmidt, Soph.

140- Not sure

145- Morgan Abrigo, Sr. (2006 State Runner-Up)

152- Andy Heath, Jr.

160- Aaron Bennett, Sr.

171- Scott Church, Jr.

189- Cody Quick, Jr. (Champion of Pre-Season National Tourney at 215 division)

215- Cory Smith, Sr. (2006 State Qualifier)

275- Taylor Roper, Jr.

Edited by THS215SMITH

Where to you figure Morgan Abrigo is going to wrestle for Tullahoma? He wrestled for Forrest last year and played football for Forrest this year?

Correct me I might be wrong , But if he has started the scool year at one school then transfers does he not have to set out the year ?Or is it different because it is his senior year. Thats a tough call I thought I saw on another thread that his mom is switching jobs.

The rumor continues that Morgan will be attending Tullahoma next year!!! Yes I have heard that his mother might have to transfer jobs which will bring him to Tullahoma. To answer the question of eligibility if he has a physical address change within another school zone then yes he would be eligible if he was in good academic standing. The chance of Morgan and Taylor Abrigo moving is just that a chance, so it should be left as just that. Not to say he wouldn't be welcomed at Tullahoma by coaches and wrestlers. Morgan wrestled with a few Tullahoma kids over the summer in a few tournaments and thus the friendship, which has nothing to do with his mothers job change. Morgan and Taylor are great kids and exceptional wrestlers and will be successful regardless of where they wrestle. The previous post is assuming that Morgan will transfer to Tullahoma which is a big assumption.

To answer the orginal question of the region teams to look for in February. I would say that Oakland, Blackman, Warren Co, and Tullahoma should be fighting for the Region 5 title this season. All 4 teams have alot of talent coming back and it will make for a great tournament. I think Tullahoma has the youngest talent with a close run to Blackman, but this year may not be the year for Tullahoma, but I would put them in the driver seat for next year.

I really think Blackman is going to be outstanding if they can fill a few gaps. Everyone knows the energy that Hamm brings to the sport. If anyone knows, how did Kenny Meredith end up in the post season last year.

I heard he was one match from qualifing for the NCAA tourney.

Are all of last years qualifying heavyweights coming back?

The rumor continues that Morgan will be attending Tullahoma next year!!! Yes I have heard that his mother might have to transfer jobs which will bring him to Tullahoma. To answer the question of eligibility if he has a physical address change within another school zone then yes he would be eligible if he was in good academic standing. The chance of Morgan and Taylor Abrigo moving is just that a chance, so it should be left as just that. Not to say he wouldn't be welcomed at Tullahoma by coaches and wrestlers. Morgan wrestled with a few Tullahoma kids over the summer in a few tournaments and thus the friendship, which has nothing to do with his mothers job change. Morgan and Taylor are great kids and exceptional wrestlers and will be successful regardless of where they wrestle. The previous post is assuming that Morgan will transfer to Tullahoma which is a big assumption.

Good luck Coach! I spent a lot of time with ur kids this summer too and you have a really good group. I'm looking forward to our matches this year!

I really think Blackman is going to be outstanding if they can fill a few gaps. Everyone knows the energy that Hamm brings to the sport. If anyone knows, how did Kenny Meredith end up in the post season last year.

Kenny ended last year 24-19 and was the only guy on his team to not qualify for Nationals (he missed it by a match). He's looking to redshirt this year. This pre-season, his school (UCO) is the #1 ranked preseason team in Division 2. You can read more about their season outlook and Kenny here: http://www.bronchosports.com/ViewArticle.d...p;ATCLID=658896

I heard he was one match from qualifing for the NCAA tourney.

Are all of last years qualifying heavyweights coming back?

True!

Blackman should be the team to beat this year in region 5.

I wouldn't be so sure.... But I guess anything can happen, right?