takedown42

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with 1moretime about Coach Logsdon and Coach Henry

I believe that Coach Logsdon is the best coach overall, but

Coach Henry is right behind him. They both make sure their

teams are ready every year and do a great job coaching.

I believe their kids love wrestling for them and would do

anything for Coach Logsdon and Coach Henry. :)

• 3 weeks later...

I believe that the best coach is without a doubt Gordon Connell from Mccallie. Look at the all the state championships he and his teams have won over the years. He was also named Scrappy Moore Coach of the year. He has coached at MTSU,Mccallie, and other places. I mean look at his record. I believe Mccallie has the best wrestling coaching staff in all of the south and maybe all over! Without a doubt, Connell!

Snobhater, I can assure you that Coach Connell is a very good coach regardless. If he were coaching at a public school you could bet his team would be well coached and successful(Hixson in the 70's). Just like Steve Henry and Steve Logsdon continue to build their successful programs I'm sure Coach Connell would be right there with them.

:I believe that Coach Logsdon is the best coach overall, but

Coach Henry is right behind him. They both make sure their

teams are ready every year and do a great job coaching.

I believe their kids love wrestling for them and would do

anything for Coach Logsdon and Coach Henry. "

You are right on about that. I wrestled for Steve Henry back when he was building that program from the ground up. It was my senior year when we beat Baylor and McCallie for the first time. He works his kids harder than you can understand, unless you've been in the room, but you always knew it was because he was trying to get your best out of you. He is more of a father figure than coach to a lot of those kids, and I am proud to have been a small part of the program he has built up there.

Wrestlling fans, please help me. I am a novice wrestling fan. I attended a very good match recently between Soddy-Daisy and Baylor. Which coach for Baylor is the Head Coach? The guy who I think is Jim Morgan was more reserved and mostly stayed seated. The other coach who I believed to be Coach Shaack? was more active standing and the wrestlers seemed to look to him for decisions. Apparently one or both of them do an excellent job. Just trying to figure out who is in charge. Also, what role does Leen's dad, former UTC coach, have with the program? Does he help coach the wrestlers? What happened to him at UTC?