York @ Tyner

YAI1979

hey boyd i agree to some degree but we also beat bledsoe 49-7 and upperman beat marion 38-12 not much different than tyners 43-12 over marion but then we turned around and beat upperman at upperman last week 21-3 and we fumbled 7 times i know we cant do that against tyner and win but i am just using that as an example.as far as classification that means nothing that is only calculated by how many students go to that school.that doesnt mean just because u beat a 3a school u beat a better team that means u just beat a school with a higher number of kids in it. :thumb:

McCallie, Howard, and Knox fulton are all good, in some cases great teams in their divisions. I guarentee York couldnt hang with Fulton like Tyner did. Howard and Brainard arent that bad either, both are playoff bound in tough regions.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey boyd i agree to some degree but we also beat bledsoe 49-7 and upperman beat marion 38-12 not much different than tyners 43-12 over marion but then we turned around and beat upperman at upperman last week 21-3 and we fumbled 7 times i know we cant do that against tyner and win but i am just using that as an example.as far as classification that means nothing that is only calculated by how many students go to that school.that doesnt mean just because u beat a 3a school u beat a better team that means u just beat a school with a higher number of kids in it. :blink:

You are right about the # of students, but Tyner has played powerhouses in higher classifications. It has been a crazy year though and anything can happen. Wow, you fumbled 7 times and still won? We fumbled 9 times last year against the Rams and got drilled, it was embarrasing. Wasn't Upperman struggling because they lost their QB at Marion to an injury? Would that have made a difference in your game against them? I heard it was a very evenly matched game, but the new QB for Upperman threw a couple of picks that led to scores for York.

McCallie, Howard, and Knox fulton are all good, in some cases great teams in their divisions. I guarentee York couldnt hang with Fulton like Tyner did. Howard and Brainard arent that bad either, both are playoff bound in tough regions.

yeah i know everyone of the 1st 3 teams u have mentioned are very good but howard and brainerd are going to not only get beat this weekend they will get killed.station camp is very good this year and will probably beat howard by 40. and everyone knows about maryville.u have no idea about york hanging with fulton livingston didnt hang with fulton last year during the regular season but look what happened when livingston went back to fulton last year in the playoffs.yeah tyner probably will win tomorrow night in all likelihood they probably will but u know all these schools from these metro areas get all of the tv attention and so the talent anyways to choose from is suppose to be a lot better but if york does go down there and do the impossible i would just like to know what everyone else is going to say on here friday night into saturday morning remember no tv attention nobody really knows from down there what york has really got just remember york is only 14 points from being the region winner this year just like tyner is only 12 points from being region champs not much of a difference everything is pointing to awfully close game. :blink:

yeah i know everyone of the 1st 3 teams u have mentioned are very good but howard and brainerd are going to not only get beat this weekend they will get killed.station camp is very good this year and will probably beat howard by 40. and everyone knows about maryville.u have no idea about york hanging with fulton livingston didnt hang with fulton last year during the regular season but look what happened when livingston went back to fulton last year in the playoffs.yeah tyner probably will win tomorrow night in all likelihood they probably will but u know all these schools from these metro areas get all of the tv attention and so the talent anyways to choose from is suppose to be a lot better but if york does go down there and do the impossible i would just like to know what everyone else is going to say on here friday night into saturday morning remember no tv attention nobody really knows from down there what york has really got just remember york is only 14 points from being the region winner this year just like tyner is only 12 points from being region champs not much of a difference everything is pointing to awfully close game. :blink:

We'll all find out tomorrow night on the footballl field... ;)

You are right about the # of students, but Tyner has played powerhouses in higher classifications. It has been a crazy year though and anything can happen. Wow, you fumbled 7 times and still won? We fumbled 9 times last year against the Rams and got drilled, it was embarrasing. Wasn't Upperman struggling because they lost their QB at Marion to an injury? Would that have made a difference in your game against them? I heard it was a very evenly matched game, but the new QB for Upperman threw a couple of picks that led to scores for York.

i dont know if the game would have probably went any different our defense held them to 39 total yards in the last 3 quarters and the only time they sored that field goal they recovered a fumble at our 1 yard line and they couldnt get in the endzone and had to settle for a field goal.they didnt come close to scoring anymore in the game and we went down inside the 10 yard line and fumbled all 5 times and we had a touchdown that was called because the officials called holding on us in the endzone and that erased a touchdown for us. so that score is very misleading. look at the write up under sports on www.heraldcitizen.com and see it says that the score was ver misleading and it was. :blink:

Tyner had trouble stoppin the run on one night.

I agree. Boyd was the better team that night, and in the conidtions the field was in, that was the perfect game plan. Plus the injuries we had in the game hurt our run defense up the middle. (where Hathaway ran the ball all night long.)

I can't believe Friday is already here, hope all the travelers are safe tonight. Remember to get a fish sandwich!

i dont know if the game would have probably went any different our defense held them to 39 total yards in the last 3 quarters and the only time they sored that field goal they recovered a fumble at our 1 yard line and they couldnt get in the endzone and had to settle for a field goal.they didnt come close to scoring anymore in the game and we went down inside the 10 yard line and fumbled all 5 times and we had a touchdown that was called because the officials called holding on us in the endzone and that erased a touchdown for us. so that score is very misleading. look at the write up under sports on www.heraldcitizen.com and see it says that the score was ver misleading and it was. :ph34r:

will York be bringing a large crowd?

i am pretty sure the fans always travel well with york. our team is leaving pulling out of our school at 12:30, 1:30 ur time and i bet we will probably bring about 4 or 5 buses and about 4 to 500 people. :thumb:

4 people? :lol: I understand, just funny. 400 to 500 is great! Well I hope you all have a safe trip down, I am sure you will enjoy the atmosphere. I would suggest getting all of your refreshments before you go to your stands. Once the game starts, there are always people standing up around the concession stands watching the game, and it can get crowded. Even sitting on the home side, I get all of my stuff before the game starts. :lol:

Okay guys look. Tyner is going to win big. York is extremelly predictable this year. Smith Co., Livingston, and Westmoreland all won because they have decent talent and figured out York's offense. Upperman held York to nill except for one good play up the middle and then scored on that drive with a trick play (reverse pass) because nothing else was working. With Tyner being extremely athletic and irrate about the upset loss, I don't see much good fortune for the Drags. Good luck York but Tyner will hold you on the other side of the 50 all night. Tyner 56-York 0. Sorry guys.

hey whos side u on?