Pope John Paul II vs. Knoxville Webb

sectionb1234

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Coach Jason Cook.... Knight time--- I do not know if you have ever actually played for Coach Cook but I can tell you with 100% assurance that you are dead wrong about Coach Cook. My son is a former football player and wrestler. I can tell you that yes he does yell. He yells alot... But Jason Cook shows those kids more love and actually instructs them a heck of alot more than most High School coaches do. If you were to actually watch... he will yell at a kid then coach him up then either slap him on his helmut or butt with tremendous encouragement. Coach Cook is my favorite coach at JPII and I am sorry that people such as yourself have the wrong opinion of him. Pay attention to more than the initial yelling. Having said that.... Coach Cook is the D- coordinator... he may coach linemen as well but I do not think so. The JPII defense started eight seniors for most of the year and they were reaaly weak for seven of the eleven games. Time for a scheme change.

Sorry Ferverfan your son must have been one of the Wrestling few that get the mans praise. Not like most who recieved mostly his rath. Like you my son is also a former player. And I can tell you the man is the presonification of a Jerk. Did you actually watch him on the sidelines he berated every one of his linemen and a few more with no signs of encouragement. This was the same man how told the boys that too much water during the heat of 2-a-days makes you weak. The same man that ran kids after summer practice because thier socks were to short.

Where the the team Excell on D-fense ..heck no. Why? Maybe that style of Coaching doesn't work in this enviroment. Not Maybe! It didnt work! But It sure seems that Coach Brothers and the Oline coach got through to the same kids.

As far as a coach goes he knows nothing about the game or the scheme he coaches. He is the Dline Coach . His Teaching of a Strike and press techneque in a 5-3 system is crazy. Most HS linemen don't have the Strength or Speed for this style. (It works well in the Pros or at UT) By the time you stand your man up Shed your man react to the ball the play is past you. And thats what happened all year long. Maybe he (and you) should read up on the K-State 5-3 attacking dfense. Its succes is base on Blitzs, Slants and Gap control.

For the programs sake I hope he is gone soon. Maybe Coach Jones can call up his old coach Dick LeBeau and get some Dfense pointers and take over next year.

Well Knightime--- I guess Coach Brothers doesn't know what he is doing either because he has kept Coach Cook around for five years. Seems like maybe you ought to take over since you are so educated in the ways of K-State and the 5-3. It sure is easy to sit in the stands and be the perfect coach isn't it. You take a guy who gets paid very little, (Coach Cook does it for the love of the game and the kids... definately not for financial reasons) and because you do not approve of his coaching style... he must go. Yeah, maybe he did praise my son, not because he was good...no... because my son tried very hard and that was all that Coach Cook asked of him, to have a little bit of heart.

Sorry Ferverfan your son must have been one of the Wrestling few that get the mans praise. Not like most who recieved mostly his rath. Like you my son is also a former player. And I can tell you the man is the presonification of a Jerk. Did you actually watch him on the sidelines he berated every one of his linemen and a few more with no signs of encouragement. This was the same man how told the boys that too much water during the heat of 2-a-days makes you weak. The same man that ran kids after summer practice because thier socks were to short.

Where the the team Excell on D-fense ..heck no. Why? Maybe that style of Coaching doesn't work in this enviroment. Not Maybe! It didnt work! But It sure seems that Coach Brothers and the Oline coach got through to the same kids.

As far as a coach goes he knows nothing about the game or the scheme he coaches. He is the Dline Coach . His Teaching of a Strike and press techneque in a 5-3 system is crazy. Most HS linemen don't have the Strength or Speed for this style. (It works well in the Pros or at UT) By the time you stand your man up Shed your man react to the ball the play is past you. And thats what happened all year long. Maybe he (and you) should read up on the K-State 5-3 attacking dfense. Its succes is base on Blitzs, Slants and Gap control.

For the programs sake I hope he is gone soon. Maybe Coach Jones can call up his old coach Dick LeBeau and get some Dfense pointers and take over next year.

Easy Knighttime, I know for a fact that Coach Cook has NEVER told a kid that drinking too much water in the heat of two-a-days makes you weak!! So before you post something make sure you get your facts straight.

What a game! Golden Tate and Blake Beeler took it over. JPII stopped Webb in the second half except for Campbell's run and Beeler's winning touchdown run.

Does this makes sense? PJPII stopped Webb in the second half errr umm well except for 14 points. It doesn't sound like they stopped them at all. Is it true that PJPII had the lead with less than 5 minutes to play?

Hey doubledrip, as crazy as it may sound, the previous statement does make sense. Webb did as they well pleased in the first half. They ran all over the knights defense on every play. They had long sustained drives that took lots of time off of the clock. I do not think they punted in the first half...maybe once. They had a commanding lead going into half. After halftime, Webb had one drive that amounted to a score. The Knights defense forced four second half punts. Then , of course, Blake Bealer took the ball to the house on a second or third play of a series. So, yeah, compared to the first half, JPII slowed them down considerably.

A Good exciting game last night. 1 point decides the game, as a fan you cant ask for more than that even if you are on the loosing side. As far as feelings for the players I find it hard to believe that there could be a worse feeling than a season that ended on a penalty. Tate scores with 1 minute left on a long run and the play is call back for a holding call away from the play.

Congratulations to Knox-Webb on a well played Wing-T offense.

Well as always it wait till next year for the Knights. JPII needs to make One change on its coaching staff. Mainly the defensive line.

Jason Cook(JPII D-Line Coach) Must go. He is not a Teacher / Coach of the game he is a screamer. He does not build his players up but constantly tears them down... (3 Years of having a poor D-line should tell you that its time for a change.) He must have screamed at every player on the line last night. Even one player who had not seen much action this year. #67 got in the game for a few plays, He missed a tackle on one play and got screamed at so bad people in the stands told me you could hear it up by the press booth. This is his M.O. for how he coaches all year long. It doesnt appear to be getting through to his players, They basicly tune him out. Screaming and Fear will not motivate a player at the end of the season but a little teaching goes a long way. He might take a lesson from the Knox Webb coach who I saw teaching and encouraging his players after a JPII touchdown. I think it goes a bit farther than constantly screaming.

I look / HOPE for him to be gone next year.

Enough of my post game, post season clammer its time to congratulate Webb and wait till next year. Good Luck Webb. Hope they smash ECS and take the title.

I don't mean to disrespect but if you aren't on the field with our coaches you don't really know whats going on. What you think you see or hear can be misinterpreted. Its so loud from music and people in the crowd yelling and we are wearing helmets. If coach didn't "yell" I might not get what he's telling me. Coach Cook is awesome and one of my favorite coaches. He really cares about us and what we are doing on AND off the field. No he isn't a teacher. But he does teach us good lessons for life. He is dedicated enough to drive from Fairview to Hendersonville and back every day just about all year long. He laughs with us and is sad with us. He isn't afraid to let us know when we aren't doing our best and he DOES encourage us. Some Coaches yell and some don't. It doesn't matter to us one way or the other. We know our coaches and their personalities just like they know ours. Coach Cook has always encouraged us to do our best and be our best. You shouldn't blame his coaching for our mistakes. He tells us what to do and its our job to do it. If we didn't do good enough for you then blame me and the other guys for not doing our jobs. Jay Wilson likes and respects Coach Cook enough to want him to go to the Mr. Football dinner with him. So please don't try to stir up something and say bad things about our coach because you are sitting in the stands and don't like the way we play. Please don't bad mouth our Coach Cook. You are not with him every day and you don't know him the way we do. We are lucky to have him. Thank you for coming to our games and for your support for our team. If you need to play the blame game, blame the players not the coaches.

I don't mean to disrespect but if you aren't on the field with our coaches you don't really know whats going on. What you think you see or hear can be misinterpreted. Its so loud from music and people in the crowd yelling and we are wearing helmets. If coach didn't "yell" I might not get what he's telling me. Coach Cook is awesome and one of my favorite coaches. He really cares about us and what we are doing on AND off the field. No he isn't a teacher. But he does teach us good lessons for life. He is dedicated enough to drive from Fairview to Hendersonville and back every day just about all year long. He laughs with us and is sad with us. He isn't afraid to let us know when we aren't doing our best and he DOES encourage us. Some Coaches yell and some don't. It doesn't matter to us one way or the other. We know our coaches and their personalities just like they know ours. Coach Cook has always encouraged us to do our best and be our best. You shouldn't blame his coaching for our mistakes. He tells us what to do and its our job to do it. If we didn't do good enough for you then blame me and the other guys for not doing our jobs. Jay Wilson likes and respects Coach Cook enough to want him to go to the Mr. Football dinner with him. So please don't try to stir up something and say bad things about our coach because you are sitting in the stands and don't like the way we play. Please don't bad mouth our Coach Cook. You are not with him every day and you don't know him the way we do. We are lucky to have him. Thank you for coming to our games and for your support for our team. If you need to play the blame game, blame the players not the coaches.

Good post brother, I can tell one thing about the coaches at JPII. Its obvious that their players respect them. I might add that says a lot about the players also win or lose. You know what, you may have lost the game, but you are a winner anyway by how you think and act. Good luck to Jay and all the players. You have a great year in school. :justwrestle: