Hardin and Melrose: East and Henry Co

cardinal54

basis is that melrose is not putiing up the points they have in the past and hardin has a good secondary. Coach Mcadams is a good coach and will neutralize melrose speed

Coaches can't neutralize speed...what is he going to do? Knock them out before the game? Oh and by the way the "speed" of the HC receivers isnt speed anymore when you get to the Mound...speed is an entirely different animal in there.

basis is that melrose is not putiing up the points they have in the past and hardin has a good secondary. Coach Mcadams is a good coach and will neutralize melrose speed

Which of the Melrose 'team speed' will be neutralized I wonder? Will the Hardin Co. coaches come up with a scheme that will neutralize the 'speed' of the Melrose DL vs the Hardin County OL? Will they devise a scheme that will neutralize the speed of the Melrose LB's vs the Hardin Co. OL/TE/FB's? Maybe they will come up with a scheme to neutralize the Melrose DB's vs the Hardin County WR's. Perhaps they will come up with a scheme to neutralize the speed of the Melrose OL vs the Hardin County DL? Better yet, they will scheme a way to neutralize the Melrose OL/TE/and FB vs the Hardin County LB's. While they are at it ... why not come up with a scheme to netralize the Melrose WR's vs the Hardin County DB's. I know ... the Hardin County coaching staff will come up with a scheme that will neutralize all of the Melrose team speed, offensive and defensive. That's it right there!

OK, that was me being silly. The only way to neutralize team speed is to pound the ball. That may work some of the time ... but not consistantly against a swarming defense, that, if you ask the other team ... they would swear that Melrose had more the 11 on the field at one time. Personally I don't see it happening. I think if Hardin County gets into 3rd and long too many times (and they will) ... they will quickly realize that the QB will NOT have time to throw. Throwing into that Melrose cover II can be very costly. VERY!

But, what do I know though? Go right ahead. Neutralize all you want.