Huntland @ Jo Byrns

Shep

Tuck, you and the other Seniors on this team need to start Monday on getting everyone focused and on the same page. I heard yall didn't have good practices last week (not focused). Everyone was flat last night, including myself. Don't let the opportunity that you guys have get away. You physically have the talent to get it done, but you all have to be prepared mentally also. If you come out flat against Collinwood they will jump on you quick. Have a good practice week next week. Friday night you guys need to come out with the same intensity as you did against Cascade. GO DEVILS!!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tuck, what I meant by "machine status" is your season as a whole....(I mean, dang, ya'll are 11-0 man!)

Yeah, last night, it didnt have the same "feel" as it has the past 10 games (11 games).

You guys are on a mission.....But look at it this way, you guys may have "played like crap", but you guys still find a way to make the score out of reach for your opponent. Thats what I meant by machine status.

You guys, week in and week out, just find ways to win....Not always pretty, but like MOTO24 said "A win IS a win" .

And I know that you guys WILL pick up your game next week.

Everybody has a "bad" game every now and then. Hopefully, that was your Last bad game ;)

Edited by Jbs_all_the_way

You guys have a great team. I thought Huntland played you guys tougher than anyone else. First time tha i had seen JB starters in the whole game. Huntland played great defense, gave up to many big passing plays. Good luck the rest of the way. Our region dont respect us much, maybe you guys will respect us after the way we played tonight. Great job Hornets.

You guys have a great team. I thought Huntland played you guys tougher than anyone else. First time tha i had seen JB starters in the whole game. Huntland played great defense, gave up to many big passing plays. Good luck the rest of the way. Our region dont respect us much, maybe you guys will respect us after the way we played tonight. Great job Hornets.

Hey thank's but i know JBHS will alway's respect the fight you guy's put up fri, nite ,,,,

Great job all year Hornets, especially last night. If you go back and look at this thread I saw a whole lot of people saying they would beat us by as many as they wanted. Not true. Yes we got beat but I think we represented well. I am proud of you guys. Seniors- good luck, underclassmen- time to hit the weights.

Well I don't think I can say anything better than what MOTO posted earlier. We talked about this last night for a while. The only thing I'll repeat, but in not so many words is "Carpe Diem" and if you don't know what that means go ask someone. I'm thankful ya'll pulled it out. I can't help though to compare last night to last years UC game, and I hope this was JB's "down" game for this year. I could tell that Coach probably jerked a knot in ya'll's rearend at the half.

But with all that said, good teams, great teams, and ya'lls case CONTENDERS, put last week behind them and move to the next...and focused on the upcoming opponent.

Have a good week guys. I'm looking forward to Collinwood. I'm looking forward to bringing the NOISE!!!

Well I don't think I can say anything better than what MOTO posted earlier. We talked about this last night for a while. The only thing I'll repeat, but in not so many words is "Carpe Diem" and if you don't know what that means go ask someone. I'm thankful ya'll pulled it out. I can't help though to compare last night to last years UC game, and I hope this was JB's "down" game for this year. I could tell that Coach probably jerked a knot in ya'll's rearend at the half.

But with all that said, good teams, great teams, and ya'lls case CONTENDERS, put last week behind them and move to the next...and focused on the upcoming opponent.

Have a good week guys. I'm looking forward to Collinwood. I'm looking forward to bringing the NOISE!!!

we WILL NOT have another game like last night. You can count on that.

we WILL NOT have another game like last night. You can count on that.

Good post tuck ,,,now you and the other cap,, get these guy's strightend out and if one give's you problem you just let me know,,,LOL,,,we know you guy's want this so all you have to do is go out and get it ''practice hard this week guy's we are ready to travel with ya to where ever it lead's us ;)

JBHS

jbhs you are have to have a great week of practice in order to get back into your groove. huntland came out to play and they exploited all of your weaknesses. i saw 34 getting mad at the line and some of the other backs getting frustrated as well and that is something that will get you beat. when you get frustrated you just start making even more mistakes. this huntland team was very well coached to follow pulling guards and that is how they made a lot of their tackles. they would just follow the guards and make the tackle in the backfield and that is not the lineman's fault nor is it anyone elses fault. just remember to stay calm and collected and gel even further as a team when things start going wrong and you will be just fine. one more thing is i think that about 90% of yalls penalties are made by captains. i realize that captains have to be carasmatic and make things happen on the field but come on you don't have to do stupid things like block people in the back or hold every play. i also realize that sometimes this is not done intintionally or the ref makes a bad call but some of these penalties are plain as day and are some of the most stupid decisions i have ever seen. another thing is shane needs to realize that lineman can't block for 20 seconds they can usually block for a maximum of about 3-4 seconds so he need to get rid of the ball quicker and not wait for someone to get so open that noone is withing 15 yards of him. he is going to have to start rifling some passes in there if jbhs is to go far.so if i was going to make a list of priorities this would be them.

1)have the best week of practice you have ever had

2)keep your cool and do not get mad at your team mates when things start to go wrong

3)stop makeing stupid penalties

4)get shane a little more comfortable with staying in the pocket and getting rid of the ball

5)play as a team(everyone needs to be on the same page and have the same objective which makes execution better)