Mitchell @ Dyersburg

treefitty74

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dyersburg 14 Mitchell 13

This was a great game. Dyersburg has a 14-0 lead at halftime, but 3 plays into the 3rd...Mitchell threw around a 60 yard td pass....Mitchell didn't score again until there was 30 seconds left in the 4th....Mitchell, then, elected to go for two instead playing for the tie, and taking their chances in overtime. They came up short and the score was that....

Dyersburg's pass defense didn't look too good, and Mitchell could have passed for more yards than they did.....Mitchell's rush defense made Tyler Caldwell basically invisible most of the game.....Congrats goes out to Mitchell for putting on such a show, and a great game.

A big congrats to Dyersburg for pulling this one out. Good teams win these close games, and Dyersburg found a way to do it. Now they welcome the Haywood Tomcats into JC Sawyer's Stadium next Friday in a rematch from October 13th when that one went down to the wire....Next week's forecast has rain, so who knows what will happen down in D-burg....

7-3A sweeps tonight, and now makes for two excellent matchups in Week 12....Good luck to all teams, and congrats to D-burg on the big win!!!

GO 7-3A!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyersburg 14 Mitchell 13

This was a great game. Dyersburg has a 14-0 lead at halftime, but 3 plays into the 3rd...Mitchell threw around a 60 yard td pass....Mitchell didn't score again until there was 30 seconds left in the 4th....Mitchell, then, elected to go for two instead playing for the tie, and taking their chances in overtime. They came up short and the score was that....

Dyersburg's pass defense didn't look too good, and Mitchell could have passed for more yards than they did.....Mitchell's rush defense made Tyler Caldwell basically invisible most of the game.....Congrats goes out to Mitchell for putting on such a show, and a great game.

A big congrats to Dyersburg for pulling this one out. Good teams win these close games, and Dyersburg found a way to do it. Now they welcome the Haywood Tomcats into JC Sawyer's Stadium next Friday in a rematch from October 13th when that one went down to the wire....Next week's forecast has rain, so who knows what will happen down in D-burg....

7-3A sweeps tonight, and now makes for two excellent matchups in Week 12....Good luck to all teams, and congrats to D-burg on the big win!!!

GO 7-3A!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dyersburg survived--that is the best that can be said. Cody Tettleton, Trojans defensive tackle, knocked Mitchell QB Ken Torry out of bounds short of the goalline with 30 seconds left, spoiling Mitchell's bid for a 2 point conversion to win the game.

Mitchell's defensive completed throttled the Dyersburg offense, holding the Trojans to 141 yards on 43 snaps. Tyler Caldwell was held to 74 yards on 19 carries, but his 26 yard run in the 4th quarter was one of his best of the year. Rashad Taylor, DHS QB, aggravated his sprained ankle, which worsened as the game progressed. Taylor could not scramble nor set his feet to throw.

Dyersburg scored in the first quarter when Taylor ran for 11 yards on the option. This was before the ankle was reinjured. In the second quarter, Taylor threw to Nick Newsome for a 9 yard TD, and the Trojans led 14-0 at half. However, the home team had missed a chance at a third td after having first and goal on the Mitchell 1 yard line. A third down fumble ended the threat; it almost proved fatal.

In the second half, Mitchell came back. Ken Torry began to fire from the spread formation, often dropping 10-20 yards behind the line and scrambling. He connected on a 79 yard pass and run in the third quarter and hit passes of 47 and 26 yards in a final drive, the 26 yard completion on a miraculous reception by Deangelo Thomas. Torry sneaked in from the 1 with 30 seconds left, setting the stage for the decisive try for 2, which ended just short of the goalline.

Torry completed 12 of 28 passes for 295 yards and a touchdown, but he also threw 2 interceptions, lost a fumble, and was sacked 7 times.

Mitchell had 389 yards of total offense and dominated the second half. The final minutes turned into a nightmare for Dyersburg fans, as Mitchell went 76 yards, setting up the win-or-lose extra point and recalling Dyersburg's shocking loss to

Sheffield in the first round of last year's playoffs.

All 4 7 3-A teams won tonight. Dyersburg will host Haywood next Friday night.

The Tomcats rallied to beat Division 8 3-A top seed Sheffield 28-20 in Memphis.

Congrats to all 7-3A winners! I think this is the best 3A region in the state!

Covington had a tough battle in Frayser tonight with Trezvent. Covington fumbled on the opening drive of the game after picking up a couple of first downs that lead to Trezvent's only score. After that Rodney Gude made several good runs one of which was a 24 yard touchdown. He had 114 yards on 14 carries in the first half as Covington led 14-6 at the half. That was the eventual final. Covington did threaten with 5 minutes left but could not punch it in on a 4th and goal inside the five. Trezvent had a mental error late in the game when they called two timeouts back to back on a 3rd down play late. After they punted the ball inside the 10 yard line Covington went very conservative and had to punt from out of there own enzone. The punt was bad and Trezvent had it at the Covington 25 yard line with 1:24 left in the game. After the Trezvent QB was brought down inbounds they hurried a couple of passes that fell incomplete. On 4th down Trezvent threw a screen pass and the receiver had to go to one knee to catch it. He had a blocker in front of him so it could have been dicey if the throw had been better. Trezvent's starting QB was injuried on the last play of the first half as they went for a touchdown at the end of the first half from the Covington 12 yard line. He was hit at the goal line otherwise it could have been a 2 point game or tied at the half. Trezvent went with a soph QB. Our defense played the run well as usual. Not much of an organized passing game for Trezvent after there QB went out. Our offense is still struggling. <_<

I would like to start this one of by saying Congrats to all 7-3A teams for the victories last nite. It swrs up some great rematches for the rght to play in the Qtr finals...

The Dyersburg game was a real thiller but one that should have never been that close......Even with a missed goal line push the Trojans led 14-0 at half time....The QB play of Mitchell kept them in this one though.....Torrey came out in the 2nd half on a mision and even though we were sending 2 or 3 blitzers on some plays. He was very elusive...To many missed tackles and blown coverage becuz of his ability to run put the Trojans in game saving mode. I felt the heartbraking lose to sheffield creep back in to my head a the two point effort came..But this year no one would slip into that endzone as Cody Telenton planted Torrey. I will give it to the Trojans D they came out to play/ They were laying down stingy hits all night and a lot of the yards were just scarmble and throw. Although his stat line was great the D actualy kept him intact and gave up a lot of costly big plays when it was needed the stop. The touchdown early in the third was on a third and 12 where he dropped back almost 15 yards and just ran around til he throw it in front of somebody.Dyerfsburg still in my opinion didnt play up to the potenial.....Our QB play was terrible giving that he was hurt I wont be so critical but it was hilerous. The use of the scramble really was good for us but Rashad looked as if his injury kept hime from wanting to use it....and With the same type of fumble he gave up in the Covington game with only 30 seconds left. I hope that he can get healed up and be ready for next week the use of the pass is goin to be needed to beat Haywood again.....They are playing well at the right time and calling the Haywood tomcats is not the thing you really want to do right now but I think Dyersburd is up to the challenge and will this one 17 - 3

People who want to have a clear picture of what happened at Dyersburg last night need to read Augielio's post and disregard trojansfan_04's....Dyersburg was very lucky to win last night's game...The only two drives D-burg scored on were very short ones..One after a fumbled punt and one after a short punt...Mitchell hurt themselves time and time again with fumbles and penalties...Mitchell had as many or more pure athletes at more positions than any team in our region,including Crockett County....The Mitchell defense was pretty impressive...What trojansfan_04 touched on a little was the drive D-Burg didn't score on when they had first and goal at the 2 inch line....D-Burg tried two sneaks into the heart of the Tiger line that gained nothing...Oh and the Trojans received a gift when Mitchell was offsides and was awarded a half the distance to the one inch line..D-Burg was then called for a penalty that moved the ball back to the 5 and then fumbled on a pitch-out and Mitchell recovered...Two runs up the middle from the 2 inch line and no score....With THAT big o-line of D-Burg??..Mitchell had a really good line backer,#7 Kashawn Davis,who would knock your head off....The Mitchell lines,in my opinion got the upper hand between the two units..That is a surprise to me..Memphis lines are not usually that skilled...Mitchell had as much size as any team in our region and not just big out of shape looking size...Many of those guys are cut...Football bodies..This team could have competed in Region 7-3A and done very well....trojansfan_04 mentioned that the game should not have been that close...I have to agree,Mitchell had two other scoring drives come up short..One on a interception in the endzone on a very badly thrown ball...The other when Mitchell had reached maybe the D-Burg 13 yard line...A couple of holding calls moved them out of range..One bright spot for D-Burg was their punter and kicker.Dustin Fowler continually kept Mitchell backed up and made to drive the ball the length of the field...Kyle Youmans hit both of his x-tra points and had a good game plan squib kicking and keeping the ball out of #12 DeAngelo Thomas' hands....That was big considering the touchdown pass he caught for the long score...D-Burg has speed and has been mentioned on here several times...I think Mr.Thomas introduced the Trojans to speed on that catch and run...Thomas caught a relatively short pass and turned it into a score by actually out-running the angle that the Trojans had on him...I think the two point try for Mitchell was probably the right thing for them to do,considering their lack of a special team..They seemed sincerely shocked they converted their x-tra point after their first score....I imagine they figured they had met their quota for made point after kicks...Plus I think the rule is go for the win on the road and play for the tie and take your chances in OT if at home.....

Saying all that,you have to give the Trojans credit....Good teams find ways to win..The Trojans did that...I think Taylor played as well as he could with his injury...He made some bad mistakes..He couldn't use his elusiveness against this team...They had more than good speed at many positions...He threw a pretty pass to Justin Cherry to the goalline and Cherry made a nice catch on that throw..Tyler Caldwell ran hard..He was throttled most of the night,but his run near the end of the game was very nice....It was on a play just designed to get a few yards and run some clock on a third and long,but he got thru a small opening at the line juked to the outside and hurdled a Mitchell defender for a good gain..Actually he probably could have gotten a penalty called on a Mitchell player for a late hit out of bounds,but the official didn't pull the flag...Quen Elam had a good game from his linebacker position....Fletcher Livingston played a good game..He was chasing Ken Torry around most of the night...I heard Bobby Ellis' name called out a bunch too...Dyersburg jumps out of the frying pan into the fire as far as defenses go...Mitchell's D may have surprised some folks,but Haywood's will surprise noone...A 10-7 D-Burg win can attest to that...Haywood seems to have hit their stride a little here late in the season...They are a dangerous ball club..I think D-Burg will pull this one out though..It will be close...

CONGRATS to ALL the Region 7-3A teams on showing again their strength by sweeping first round play-off action..That puts them 28-4 against non-region competition on the year.....

Did we see the same game?

cuz I dont know how they do it in OCCHS but when you stop a team repeatively on the first two downs, then on third he drops back 25 yards and throws it up for grabs and we dont get the stop...

YEAH that is a mstake on the defense....Numberous times DHS left the assignment on thirrd down as he was scrambling and left a receiver open.....He still had two or three INTs, and was sacked 7 times. There was only one real outstanding drive by Mitchell the whole night and that was the one in the last few minutes...Their first touchdown Dyersburg stuffed them two plays in a role the blitz on third and he ran around for what seemed like forever. The reciever who was a great athlete just out played the coverage. No luck there but It was a weird play and goin from 3 and 13 to a TD is kinda of odd.....I will give them the Athletes but they were not disiplined at all, played dirty and their QB was a amazing athelete. but the bulk of the yards were on plays were he ran around for ever reversing field ten times then finding a reciever.....Dyersburg had an opprunity to score at least 28 points and didnt capitilize and one was on the one inch line........hmmm....Our amazing O-line didnt give Taylor any time to throw and the D came at him knowing he wasnt goin to take off that often cuz of the injury,, but dont say he was bottled up cuz lets see he had a TD run of 11 yards on a beautiful option keeper, and a few runs of ten or more but you could see the ankle was there,,,and on the play that he fumbled he was on his way to the first down......Mitchell give us some trouble on big plays cuz of the ATHELETIC PLAYS, but in the schememe of football DHS dominated this game and if you take out those two or three atheletic beats.. DHS wins 21 to maybe 7.......but when it counted the D got the hit on the QB that matter....They played dirty having penalities that shouldnt have been there,....chop blocks , block in the back, forward lateral.,,,If you put the penalities in you mind and when they were called you could tell they were playin in despration mode.....I might give them two drives if you take the INT in the endzone, but that was it,,Taylor will get health and we will beat Haywood, but even after asking a few fans that werent flat out D'burg fnas, there were too many times DHS just should have got it done, but they got the W, so its good....but their primary offense was the spread , let the QB run around like a chicken with his head cut off until something materialized and they got a lto of penalities jst trying to stop the sacks that were coming..that wasnt mistakes, that was despration..My little brother plays D-end for DHS and he was illegally blocked at least 4 times and caught a holding call on his side too,,,,Each time he got by someone and the QB was just rambling they took a cheap shot , Still got 7 sacks so,,,,,,,,They didnt do anything that just impressed me, and if they were in 73a I dont think they would do well cuz you would see that atheletic ablitity each year so you would know what to expect.....

Did we see the same game?

cuz I dont know how they do it in OCCHS but when you stop a team repeatively on the first two downs, then on third he drops back 25 yards and throws it up for grabs and we dont get the stop...

YEAH that is a mstake on the defense....Numberous times DHS left the assignment on thirrd down as he was scrambling and left a receiver open.....He still had two or three INTs, and was sacked 7 times. There was only one real outstanding drive by Mitchell the whole night and that was the one in the last few minutes...Their first touchdown Dyersburg stuffed them two plays in a role the blitz on third and he ran around for what seemed like forever. The reciever who was a great athlete just out played the coverage. No luck there but It was a weird play and goin from 3 and 13 to a TD is kinda of odd.....I will give them the Athletes but they were not disiplined at all, played dirty and their QB was a amazing athelete. but the bulk of the yards were on plays were he ran around for ever reversing field ten times then finding a reciever.....Dyersburg had an opprunity to score at least 28 points and didnt capitilize and one was on the one inch line........hmmm....Our amazing O-line didnt give Taylor any time to throw and the D came at him knowing he wasnt goin to take off that often cuz of the injury,, but dont say he was bottled up cuz lets see he had a TD run of 11 yards on a beautiful option keeper, and a few runs of ten or more but you could see the ankle was there,,,and on the play that he fumbled he was on his way to the first down......Mitchell give us some trouble on big plays cuz of the ATHELETIC PLAYS, but in the schememe of football DHS dominated this game and if you take out those two or three atheletic beats.. DHS wins 21 to maybe 7.......but when it counted the D got the hit on the QB that matter....They played dirty having penalities that shouldnt have been there,....chop blocks , block in the back, forward lateral.,,,If you put the penalities in you mind and when they were called you could tell they were playin in despration mode.....I might give them two drives if you take the INT in the endzone, but that was it,,Taylor will get health and we will beat Haywood, but even after asking a few fans that werent flat out D'burg fnas, there were too many times DHS just should have got it done, but they got the W, so its good....but their primary offense was the spread , let the QB run around like a chicken with his head cut off until something materialized and they got a lto of penalities jst trying to stop the sacks that were coming..that wasnt mistakes, that was despration..My little brother plays D-end for DHS and he was illegally blocked at least 4 times and caught a holding call on his side too,,,,Each time he got by someone and the QB was just rambling they took a cheap shot , Still got 7 sacks so,,,,,,,,They didnt do anything that just impressed me, and if they were in 73a I dont think they would do well cuz you would see that atheletic ablitity each year so you would know what to expect.....

Your were looking at the game thru Black and Gold glasses.....

The bottom line is you guys won 14-13 and would have lost with a Mitchell 2 point conversion and been out of the playoffs again in the first round....Again you are not capable of giving any team any respect..It's always the same with you...It's now that Mitchell is a dirty team...I guess had that 2 point conversion been successful the reason for losing would have been because Mitchell was dirty....It's ok,every once in awhile you can give credit where credit is due....Mitchell was a very tough draw for Dyersburg....I don't get where you say Dyersburg dominated the game...LOL..In the scheme(you can't even spell scheme)of the game you have to have athletes to make athletic plays..They out-athleted your Trojans a number of times...That's football my friend...Your line didn't win many battles against the Tiger front wall and that's a fact..Look at the stats..They don't lie...Now granted,the Tigers didn't line up on offense and run the ball down the Trojans throat..But hey you know what??..That wasn't their strength,their scheme if you will...Their strength, as is the same with alot of Memphis inner-city schools,is to have a very athletic QB and let him wing it...Your defensive backs were sorely overmatched....And,for that matter should have been called for several pass interference penalties..But again,this coming from a neutral observer,but one that wanted D-Burg to win more than Mitchell...Give the other team a little credit and don't try to belittle them with all that dirty play bull...You might be taken more seriously on here for it....I,along with you,believe Dyersburg will beat Haywood...Like I said earlier,it won't be easy....

Your were looking at the game thru Black and Gold glasses.....

The bottom line is you guys won 14-13 and would have lost with a Mitchell 2 point conversion and been out of the playoffs again in the first round....Again you are not capable of giving any team any respect..It's always the same with you...It's now that Mitchell is a dirty team...I guess had that 2 point conversion been successful the reason for losing would have been because Mitchell was dirty....It's ok,every once in awhile you can give credit where credit is due....Mitchell was a very tough draw for Dyersburg....I don't get where you say Dyersburg dominated the game...LOL..In the scheme(you can't even spell scheme)of the game you have to have athletes to make athletic plays..They out-athleted your Trojans a number of times...That's football my friend...Your line didn't win many battles against the Tiger front wall and that's a fact..Look at the stats..They don't lie...Now granted,the Tigers didn't line up on offense and run the ball down the Trojans throat..But hey you know what??..That wasn't their strength,their scheme if you will...Their strength, as is the same with alot of Memphis inner-city schools,is to have a very athletic QB and let him wing it...Your defensive backs were sorely overmatched....And,for that matter should have been called for several pass interference penalties..But again,this coming from a neutral observer,but one that wanted D-Burg to win more than Mitchell...Give the other team a little credit and don't try to belittle them with all that dirty play bull...You might be taken more seriously on here for it....I,along with you,believe Dyersburg will beat Haywood...Like I said earlier,it won't be easy....

how is baskett ball going, oc should be well practiced since their season was snuffed out as usual, i would have to agree with trojan fan 04 the officials were awful it was very lopsided but thats ok because the trojan d-fence came up big when it counted 1 point or 50 dyersburg is in the second round and oc is shooting round ball and watching other teams on friday night,,, mitchell was a very tough team i will give them that they should have been #1 sead instead of #3 BUT EATHER WAY OC SHOULD BE PROUD OF REGION 7 because every team that beat yall advanced to the second round, mitchell had a great qb and we knew this going into the game thats why our sceem was different as well, i talked to trojan players and they were excited about the new sceem you know id you was their that the d-fence was doing different stuff that what thwy did to oc, i would say ith the last score commin with under 1:00 to go the trojans d played well.

bogus call, justin cherry scored on taylor pass yet they marked him down on the half inch line, then taylor sneaked twice and was standing in the endzone yet they marked him down and he was standing up the whole time,

bogus calls, ( late hit by ellis on the last mitchall drive) 15 yards and first down on the 15 and it was 4 and 25 to go so u tell me if the officials wernt bogus, the player ellis hit was running down the sidline when he hit him and they trew the flag..

calls not made, you could have called holding every pass play mitchell ran, im a firm believer if the hold isnt a hold that springs a play then let it go, yet if it causes a player to spring a play it should be trown. you could trow a holding on every play on every team if you wanted to but when a hold is a factor it should be thrown.

TSSAA needs to look at that game and keep those guys from calling anouther play off game they were awful, they need to call freshman and that may be to tough for them...

look out region 5& 6 the men in strips cant get all of regin 7 out of the way its too late for that and region 7 is rolling your way :)

how is baskett ball going, oc should be well practiced since their season was snuffed out as usual, i would have to agree with trojan fan 04 the officials were awful it was very lopsided but thats ok because the trojan d-fence came up big when it counted 1 point or 50 dyersburg is in the second round and oc is shooting round ball and watching other teams on friday night,,, mitchell was a very tough team i will give them that they should have been #1 sead instead of #3 BUT EATHER WAY OC SHOULD BE PROUD OF REGION 7 because every team that beat yall advanced to the second round, mitchell had a great qb and we knew this going into the game thats why our sceem was different as well, i talked to trojan players and they were excited about the new sceem you know id you was their that the d-fence was doing different stuff that what thwy did to oc, i would say ith the last score commin with under 1:00 to go the trojans d played well.

It's hard to talk to idiots.........Let me inform you on things....OC people want Dyersburg to win in the playoffs....We want all Region 7-3A teams to win....The problem with that is since we didn't make the playoffs we say something about the game its that we're disrespecting you, and then you have to mention that we're not in the playoffs...I was there at this game as a Dyersburg fan, but I thought Mitchell played a heck of a game, and I was happy that Dyersburg pulled it out, but if you and trojanfan_04 want to take that as disrespect then go ahead....I'll still go for you against Haywood, and hoping that a 7-3A team wins State. Good luck to both teams this Friday night!!

bogus call, justin cherry scored on taylor pass yet they marked him down on the half inch line, then taylor sneaked twice and was standing in the endzone yet they marked him down and he was standing up the whole time,

bogus calls, ( late hit by ellis on the last mitchall drive) 15 yards and first down on the 15 and it was 4 and 25 to go so u tell me if the officials wernt bogus, the player ellis hit was running down the sidline when he hit him and they trew the flag..

calls not made, you could have called holding every pass play mitchell ran, im a firm believer if the hold isnt a hold that springs a play then let it go, yet if it causes a player to spring a play it should be trown. you could trow a holding on every play on every team if you wanted to but when a hold is a factor it should be thrown.

Now that I said OC is going for Dyersburg, I can comment on your bogus calls....

The spot on the Cherry TD pass really didn't matter. He scored two plays later, and if Taylor somehow fumbled and Mitchell got the ball back, then, that would have mattered.

I can't really say anything on the late hit because I don't remember them, so I don't want to talk about what I don't know.

On the holding calls, Holding could be called on every play, and they could have been called on Dyersburg too, so you shouldn't cry about them.

But let me ask you something since I'm pretty sure you can tell me.....Are all of them reasons why D-burg couldn't score when on the 1 inch line? I don't think so.

Once again, I am extremely excited that Dyersburg won because that goes to show how tough 7-3A is. Congrats on the big win, but really I think you should not even worry about the "bogus" calls, and be happy you are in the 2nd Round...Also, good luck against Haywood, and possibly a rematch from the Dyersburg and Crockett game earlier in the year....