Just how good is Munford

wtnoff

I did not get a chance to see the Munford team this year but I have heard a lot about them. My biggest quandry is how did they manage to win the region when they have been down so long? In other words, how did they manage to beat Henry Co. JCM, and Hardin County? I never would have thought it possible. I knew they would be improved but Champs of region7..no way! Now that they are there, how far can they go

Edited by wtnoff

I don't think anyone in their right mind could have expected them to make such a turn around. They don't have the kind of talent as a Henry County, JCM, or even a Brighton or Hardin County for that matter. It looked to me like maximizing the talent they had along with some serious coaching has lead them to where they are. People will say those 2 or 3 "new" players are the reason. However, none of them are near as talented as the Wakefield kid they had last year on a team that went 2-8. The rest of the team is comprised of the same kids. It will be interesting to see how long Randall and his staff can keep it going with "smoke and mirrors". Coaching can only take you so far this time of year. The team will have to play mistake free football after the first round to get any further.

Edited by formerCoach81

No the real question will be how long can Munford keep their coaches with the climate of today and other schools looking to improve their programs with top quality coaching you can bet the house the phone will be ringing. Already heard rumors about Ridgeway and Cordova just to name a few. What do you think?

I didn't hear Cordova.

Question, did he move to Munford or is he commuting? Don't mean everyday, you know that 5 days here, 2 days there stuff.

Just look at all the talk in here about changeing coaches. My how times have changed. Not real sure it is for the better.

I didn't hear Cordova.

Question, did he move to Munford or is he commuting? Don't mean everyday, you know that 5 days here, 2 days there stuff.

Just look at all the talk in here about changeing coaches. My how times have changed. Not real sure it is for the better.

From what I understand he is commuting everday. I understand how you feel. But if a better job or more money come into play you owe it to your family to explore the opportunity. Am I wrong? Anyway that's how I see it.

I know he is commuting. I think he wanted to get an idea as to how the situation was going to be up there. Know they had a good year, but also know the pay scale in Memphis and Shelby Co. is significantly higher. I do know that one Principal I know is going to talk with him after the season is over. Question is, will he be willing to go back into the Memphis City Schools after what happen to him at East. Time will tell I guess, but I wouldn't be surprised to see him back roaming the sidelines at Halle or the Fairgrounds.

I believe there is no doubt that munford is a solid team that knows how to wrap up the big games.True,they have an incredible coaching staff that has execed all expectations,but they also have a solid line with great backs.With an experianced quarterback,a powerful fb,quick and aggressive backs,a hard hitting, powerful line,along with a tremendous defense that held offenses to halt.They have that they are a good team.And i cant forget to mention that they have the heart and will to will to win,they prove themselves not only good,but great,u can expect it for years to come.MUNFORD IS HERE TO STAY!!!!!!!

From what I understand he is commuting everday. I understand how you feel. But if a better job or more money come into play you owe it to your family to explore the opportunity. Am I wrong? Anyway that's how I see it.

No your not wrong. It's a man's duty to take care of his family.

I wasn't really talking about this person. I whould hate it for the underclass players but at least he has taught them that they can win.

Talking more about the other threads, we have kids talking about a man's future like it was nothing.