COACH WILIAM JOHNSON HAS RESIGNED!

lburgsouth

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

More Drama in Lewisburg....I had a source tell me that you all were in talks with Bill Parcells to take over the ranks in Marshall County....and that Charlie Weis was on the short list.....You guys in Tiger land actually think you have a shot at getting one of these two coaches. :thumb:

So wrong.

We're actually after Pete Carroll, Mac Brown or Steve Spurrier !!

Get your facts straight next time!!!

I don't think outsiders realize how much this program can achieve with the right man at the helm. People in Lewisburg LOVE football. Always have, always will. The majority of people just want a coach that knows what he is doing and is a good, honest man who can keep the players and, for that matter, the program under control.

I don't think outsiders realize how much this program can achieve with the right man at the helm. People in Lewisburg LOVE football. Always have, always will. The majority of people just want a coach that knows what he is doing and is a good, honest man who can keep the players and, for that matter, the program under control.

Unless something happened the last couple of years, that sounds like Johnson.

Then again, from what I'm reading here, maybe your last couple of phrases should have been, "....and, for that matter, the PARENTS under control."

Don't get ugly...just an observation.

VI :thumb:

So wrong.

We're actually after Pete Carroll, Mac Brown or Steve Spurrier !!

Get your facts straight next time!!!

Sad thing is you all probably think you would have a chance getting those guys!!!! Marshall County may have athletes.....but you would have to be crazy to go there now....good thing is they have good turnover in coaching jobs.

Sad thing is you all probably think you would have a chance getting those guys!!!! Marshall County may have athletes.....but you would have to be crazy to go there now....good thing is they have good turnover in coaching jobs.

marshall county will not be able to put up the big bucks to get a name anyone would be happy with.

My question is: would anyone in their right mind go down there, given the political climate and the interference in the program by the parents?

And, I would count Mac out. He will NOT go back to somewhere where he was not wanted. (or, at least I would be very, very surprised :rolleyes: )

Has anyone asked the taxpayers or the team their opinion? Some say if the parents would stay out of it, it would run smoother. How about if the adminstration let the coaches -coach. (their way) instead of playing the kids that have parents with....."influence". We may not be in this shape now. :P