Van Buren Vs. Dekalb Co.

vanbureneagle

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dekalb is not overlookin van buren they just know that it is not goin to be a game........dc will show the 7aa district and show the state that they are here to stay even though they lost a bunch of seniors last year. this is the game that will set their pace for the rest of the year and WILL win this game by at least 15.....

I've seen DC posting a lot on other threads.

Are they overlooking us?

DC cant afford to overlook anyone. I believe that was the problem last season when we were supposed to dominate, but ended up with a losing record and a fourth place finish at the district tournament. I do expect them to be fired up for their first home game, DC by twenty.

DC cant afford to overlook anyone. I believe that was the problem last season when we were supposed to dominate, but ended up with a losing record and a fourth place finish at the district tournament. I do expect them to be fired up for their first home game, DC by twenty.

Wow- i didn't realize it would be that lopsided. I mean in the past we've been competitive with everyone. Play 3 or 4 AA schools every year and it rarely gets into double digits. Split with Pickett and Clay last year both of whom were substate and state participants in the last 2 years. And all signs point to another year where we are better than the previous year. Oh well, I guess things are just changing.

I'll try to get in touch with the coaches and players and see if we can just go ahead and forfeit and not even have to make the trip. :lol:

On second thought- maybe we'll come anyways just to see what happens. I mean David did beat Goliath. :)

:thumb: Tell us a little real information about Dekalb Co. (Sundrop, Spiff, Dctigerfan) Who will the starters be? Good height? Good speed? Good shooters? Van Buren did lose some starters but every team does nearly every year. What is the basis of the predictions? I only have one thing to say about tonight's game. It's the best time of the year- HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL SEASON!!!!! Let the games begin.

Where is this game at? Will someone give some details after this game is over.

Van Buren came out on fire, made just about every single shot, Dekalb started out the first half playing sloppy, really sloppy! Van Buren was up by 14 at one point I think, if not 14 then 12, but in the 2nd half Dekalb came back and won 67-65 on a last second shot by Travis Woodward

Heres some details lol

while i was in the consession stand first half of the game im pretty sure our d was lackin, but picked it up in the second half, that im thankful i got to watch because it might have been one of the best games iv ever seen, DEKALBs d was truely phinominal although van buren maintained the lead for most of the second half dekalb made a last min surge to flip vanbureneagles prediction around and win the game at the buzzer with the last second shot comin from none other than my friend travis woodward.

Dekalb team hight prolly avgs around 6'2 to 6'3 with our talkest players being Deondre Bass and Trey Finly both starters and very good players, and both may be over the 6'3 mark im not really sure even tho i see them everyday lol

It was truely a game that should be on espn classic right now

spiff i know who you are, sundrop not quite sure there, and not really sure who you are either dc, but im glad to see you supportin our team see yall in the student section friday, sept you spiff wont see you till second half lol

Oh yeah Travis Woodward pontiac game changin preformance! lol