first scrimmage results

coachgat

I appreciate the responses yall. I was wondering what was he talking about. I responded to a question someone asked me on here about my career as a coach and I expounded on what my experience was. I guess I shouldn't use this as a blog or should I? I like to hear what other people have to say and how their preseason is going. I'm all for it. The season is right around the corner and I'm looking to improve all areas,(coaching as well) look at different styles and just try new line-ups before it's on the books. Getting advice and sharing some is what it's all about. Coacht is the place I thought we could do that without so much harsh criticism. I guess my enthusiasm has been mistaken as arrogance, but that couldn't be in the same zip code as the truth. Indian, Hedge, bucd, et al, thanks for your comments. I was starting to feel like T. Owens...lol

Edited by coachgat

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After finishing the stats from the 1st half of the Memphis Northside scrimmage. It's official. We just flat out didn't have it that game. I know I mentioned that we had a lot of open looks right. Well, one of my shooting guards was 1 for 8 in the first quarter and ended the half shooting 3 for 10. As a team we shot 7 for 28 in the half. From the film, only about 4 of those shots were contested. We were missing wide open shots. If we shot atleast 50 percent we would have been right there with them. we were 0 for 2 on free throws in the first half. As I said before, all of that can be fixed.

I haven't done the stats on the second half yet but the game was a lot closer. 16 to 20. We still missed shots that we would normally make but this is all a learning experience.

I appreciate the responses yall. I was wondering what was he talking about. I responded to a question someone asked me on here about my career as a coach and I expounded on what my experience was. I guess I shouldn't use this as a blog or should I? I like to hear what other people have to say and how their preseason is going. I'm all for it. The season is right around the corner and I'm looking to improve all areas,(coaching as well) look at different styles and just try new line-ups before it's on the books. Getting advice and sharing some is what it's all about. Coacht is the place I thought we could do that without so much harsh criticism. I guess my enthusiasm has been mistaken as arrogance, but that couldn't be in the same zip code as the truth. Indian, Hedge, bucd, et al, thanks for your comments. I was starting to feel like T. Owens...lol

No problem, Coach. Really enjoy hearing about things from a different perspective. On here you'll find everything from coaches like yourself, to parents, fans, friends, and unfortunately, a few who just like to stir up trouble. Don't pay them any mind.........

p.s. ( don't wake up T. Owens, last I saw he was napping...lol)

Edited by bucdaddio

Millington vs Mitchell today. The coach didn't use some of his main girls. We shot the ball like I was use to seeing us shoot it. I had 3 girls in double figures. We won 63-13. We play again on Wednesday and I think he is going to use some more of his main players. Some were out due to injury. I'm not sure who they are though. My shooting guard that shot so poorly last Thursday, found her rhythm today. She had 5 three's. She came off the bench and played much better. Anyway, how was everyone else doing?

After sleeping it off. I don't think we are where I want us to be yet. Yes, we played better but there were a lot of things that I saw that I didn't like from my team. Conditioning was better but not where it needs to be, at this point. We ran a lot before Mitchell came and we didn't seem to be too tired. I think by next Wednesday, we should be ready to play our first game. Some of the new girls are starting to come around. I started 3 freshmen, 1 sophomore and 1 senior against Mitchell. They did pretty good. We are still a ways away from it coming together. Thanks to Memphis Northside, we got a good wake up call on conditioning. They've been working harder ever since.

Unaka scrimmaged Davy Crockett Tuesday night. So glad I went; that election coverage was driving me crazy.

It appears the Lady Rangers will play eight deep, early, and probably nine - - ten players by early 07. Sallee Taylor is still conspicuous by her absence (she was there, but won't be cleared for play until [hopefully] next week).

The Rangers are currently starting a freshman at the Point - - Natalie Johnson (06 graduate, Megan's sister), is varsity-ready, very good player; prototype pointguard. She might become the number-six when Sallee returns.

And Coachgat, keep up the good work, and as others have indicated, we look forward to updates from the Coach's perspective. One suggestion: When the regular season starts, begin a new weekly thread. We do that with the Tri-County Seven; keeps us working.

Edited by krichunaka

What is really going on with you Jake? Just speak your mind. You obviously don't like me too much. You don't even know me. I don't recall begging you to come read any of my post.

In 3 days, we weren't in the kind of condition that we needed to be in to play the style that we want to employ this year. We will be ready for our first contest. We don't have an official game until the 20th. That's all a part of getting them ready for that day. Having a scrimmage this early is a gut check to see where we are. So thank you for showing so much interest in what I have to say but you can save the sarcasm. If you would like to scrimmage us, let's set it up. You know where I am, what school are you coaching for? Oh yeah, you can even be my personal chump, I mean champ for all of the wonderful things you say to me on here. Is this what you want me to say? Are you happy now? I've given you some attention. Have a good one!

Don't put too much stock in what this Jake has to say Coach. He obviously just wants to hide behind his keyboard and rip people who give their opinions and analysis of what the see and hear-thought that was what a MESSAGE board was for but maybe we're wrong coach, maybe its just a trash-talkin board. I can understand the kids doing that, they are playing against each other on the court, but not us (Adults?). Good luck to you and your kids this year.