Rhea County vs. Maryville

EaglePride1

Man. And just when I was starting to miss the 6th grade, this argument comes along. Seriously people it's a high school football game with 16,17, and 18 year old kids playing who may or may not get excited afterwards and say something they wouldn't otherwise say. Nobody is disrespecting Maryville. We all know you guys are the team to beat. All year long every post I've read has talked about how the championship goes through Maryville and things of the sort. The truth is, anyone can beat anyone on any given night. That's true of Maryville, Rhea County, Red Bank, Ohio State, anyone. The 1-6 Dolphins took the 7-0 Bears to the woodshed this past weekend in the NFL. Arguments like these on web sites like this mean absolutely nothing come Friday night. See you tomorrow. Good luck.

Couldn't of put it any better.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you guys in Maryville have the grills going tonight, I am looking for some cow tonight baby! What a great night for football, almost ten hours till kick-off.

No grills at Maryville with the exception of one tailgate. Better pack your own goodies because Maryville has the worst concessions in the state.

why is everyone saying maryville may not lose this week but will lose next week in chattanooga????? maryville won't be losing in chatanogga....they will be losing in west knoxville/maryville whereever the game is

You are seriously under estimating Red Bank. West will get pounded by Red Bank. Don't under estimate them. Remember this Red Bank team beat Brainerd 77-8, and only gave up 48 points all year which 15 of those were to Rhea County. 6 out of 11 games were Shut Outs. Don't under estimate them.

Edited by Rhea Co.

why is everyone saying maryville may not lose this week but will lose next week in chattanooga????? maryville won't be losing in chatanogga....they will be losing in west knoxville/maryville whereever the game is

I hope the West football doesn't have that attitude cause if so they will get "curbstomped." I can tell you don't really know what your talking about though, cause anyone who knows a thing about what's going on knows the game will be at Maryville since they are #1 seed....

dadgumit I am coming over there looking for a cow

Big Ole' Boys gotta eat good

Sorry, about the lack of beef! Got some Chick-fil-a owners who are parents of students. So we eat more chik-in! Concession stands will have Chick-fil-a sandwiches, pepporoni pizza(PaPa Johns), and chili dogs. Get them early, chick-fil-a sandwiches run out early- pizza will too-but Papa Johns will make several deliveries. Gates open at 5:00 - parking and seats will be limited. Have a safe trip! We'll try to be as hospitable as we can be! We tryed to make Brainard feel a sense of accomplishment by letting them get so close-can't guarantee the same tonight. I hope you get to see our kicker put the extra point over the cedars in the West endzone - it's truly an inspirational moment- at least everybody here seems to enjoy it! Hopefully, we get to see it often tonight. If the eagles behave we might even let them try once or twice. Man, I love this game!!! Good luck Rhea Co, give us your best shot! If you take us down, you deserve every accolade that comes your way! Again, have a safe trip! See you at the game!

I think the Rebs roll tonight.

I heard a discussion of this game on sportstalk 99.1 today and I think the consensus was that MHS wins by about 30 points or so. They posed the question "if MHS and Rhea played 100 times, would Maryville lose any?" The other host said "I think Rhea might be ahead at half time in maybe ten of those games, but would lost all 100."

I'm sure that those guys know nothing about Rhea County, but I found the conversation to be pretty funny (then again, they were talking favorably about my team).

MHS 42

Rhea - 17 (10 in second half)