Wayne County @ Mt.Pleasant

MPTigerT

I see this being a really tough game for MP!! I know every team puts together some type of scheme to contain Marco. And last game with Wayne Co. it did not work. You can almost bet they will have a better scheme and will make it tougher for Marco this time around. That being said, MP has to find other ways to move the ball consistently. The further MP gets the tougher for Marco. Although he seems to always step up and do some amazing things!! I think the one thing MP is not doing as well this year is in Special teams play, in the past MP has had blocked punts, great returns, fake punts,ect. This year we haven't seen this as much. MP must play solid, mistake free football in this game cause it won't be the same Wayne Co. team this time around!! Go Tigers!!

It seemed like Stoops was a little banged up last night. He wasn't running with reckless abandon as normal. I'm sure he will be back next week and show what he is made of.

Edited by MPTigerT

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On one of Forrest's scoring drives we gave them 2 first downs, I think both times they were 4th down conversions, by having a defensive man line up in the neutral zone. One time a man took a step, didn't look like to me he was in the neutral zone but they called it, to give them another first down. All these things are correctable. I still didn't see the Tigers personal foul at the end of the run, when each team received a personal foul and Forrest got the face mask penalty. Overall I believe the penalty situation will be corrected. This was a good game to learn on. Don't let it cost the game next time. The Tigers haven't been penalized that often this year.

I didn't see it too but the way it was called the only thing I could figure was something was said. This should be a good 2nd round match-up. Might even have to ride down and see this one.

You can almost bet they will have a better scheme and will make it tougher for Marco this time around. That being said, MP has to find other ways to move the ball consistently.

Marco 14+ yards a carry

Stoops 7+ yards a carry

Clifton 7+ yards a carry

What other way would you have to consistently move the ball. What hurts those numbers is penelties, bad snaps, and turnovers. Eliminate as many mistakes as possible and those three will be consistent enough.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

i agree i think it will be a good game.wayne county does have 2 very impressive freshman running back's.i have played ball against them both and they are very good young men.the game is gonna depend if they can shut down that talented marco daily.i have heard alot bout this young man. but i say if they can shut im down that wayne county will comw out with a win but if they dont its gunna be a rough game.both teams have got play makers so im sure this is gonna be a good old slobber knocker.but good luck 2 both teams.... and good luck chase ghram #5 of the wayne county...im rooting for ya kid play ur heart out ....

This game will be different that the first meeting this year as long as the focused and determined Waynce Co. team comes out, which I believe they are out for good now. We have had an up and down year and I think things are starting to click at the right time for us. Just like I said last week, study film, come up with a good scheme, and practice hard and it will pay off Friday night . Go Cats....

mTp by 21

WC has stepped it up but not enough to handle mTp's scoring machine. They come to tha jungle this time, get lost and left behind.

I am by the way taking it easy on WC. They have played hard and represented

Region 6 well. But this time it's 6 on 6 and only the best will move on and thats only mTp. REGION CHAMPS! GO TIGERS! :thumb:

I have been very conservative in my posts, and maybe have overstepped my bounds with some of the things I've posted by telling other MP posters they may need to reign it in. My thoughts being that we shouldn't give the other team any more motivation than they already have, try to keep the target off our back so to speak. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone I was just speaking my thoughts. I'm not changing but I do have something to say that may sound a little bold and real bold for me.

I believe the Tigers have the talent to go to the title game. But and a big but, the younger players have to get the "next year" attitude out of their minds. I've heard that some have said that if they don't make this year there is always next year. There is no guarentee that you will even make the playoffs next year. Just think of all the obsticles that have been overcome by this team this year to get to this point. First; the seniors that didn't play that would or could have been major contributors. Second; the injuries on the field to several of the key players, either lost for the year or several games. Third; the off field injuries that cost players playing time. Don't cheat the team and especially the seniors out of a chance to make history at MPHS. It takes everyone to make a great team from the QB right down to the scout team. Give it your all. Remember this is "the year" and you have the talent if you will work hard in practice everything is possible.

I have been very conservative in my posts, and maybe have overstepped my bounds with some of the things I've posted by telling other MP posters they may need to reign it in. My thoughts being that we shouldn't give the other team any more motivation than they already have, try to keep the target off our back so to speak. Please forgive me if I have offended anyone I was just speaking my thoughts. I'm not changing but I do have something to say that may sound a little bold and real bold for me.

I believe the Tigers have the talent to go to the title game. But and a big but, the younger players have to get the "next year" attitude out of their minds. I've heard that some have said that if they don't make this year there is always next year. There is no guarentee that you will even make the playoffs next year. Just think of all the obsticles that have been overcome by this team this year to get to this point. First; the seniors that didn't play that would or could have been major contributors. Second; the injuries on the field to several of the key players, either lost for the year or several games. Third; the off field injuries that cost players playing time. Don't cheat the team and especially the seniors out of a chance to make history at MPHS. It takes everyone to make a great team from the QB right down to the scout team. Give it your all. Remember this is "the year" and you have the talent if you will work hard in practice everything is possible.

Great post. I also have heard several fans say wait until next year. Why? MP is still winning this year. MP is as good as anyone in 1A and like you said I think they can make it to the title game also.

Edited by MPHSTIGERS87

I am not a Mt. Pleasant fan but having that attitude will get hurt you in the playoffs big time. I hop you don't but if you do beat Wayne Co. Friday night you can not!! have that going into Jo Byrns because they are a solid football team. If a determined team that don't have the image of losing on their minds shows up against that team, they are beatable. So coaches if you are reading this. You must make it clear that the thoughts of next year should not happen till you are officially eliminated. Good luck and no matter what the outcome go region 6 but in this one , Go Cats....

We are really excited about a rematch with Mt. Pleasant after being embarresed in the last contest being down 28-0 at the half...we are determined to show the Tigers and all the fans that we are a different team now...we are all playing knowing that this could be the last game and we DONT want to lose and that be the end of the season...we play hard every down and expect to come out with the W...we will have a hard week of practice and i personally cant wait to get going!!

Wildcat # 2, you don't have to prove anything...taking Cascade out says it all.

It should be a good game.. I hope to see a hard fought, clean, safe game, and may the best team win. Hopefully the teams will decide the outcome and not the refs. What ever happens, both teams have done the dictrict proud and can hold their heads high...good luck to both teams.