Lake Co. @ Trinity

gatorfan4life

The game with T.C.A, tonight was a great game...Lake Co had a 12-0 lead and had a 4th and 1 inside the T.C.A. 15 yard line and jumped off-sides in a drive that I thought would put Lake Co in gret shape..Lake Co pretty well moved the ball on every possession and either had a key penalty or fumbled the ball to stop a drive..Lake Co had about 3 fumbles in which two led to short T.C.A. drives for touchdowns and gave T.C.A. momentum ...The fumbles just let T.C.A. hang around long enough to make a two or three touchdown game a nail -biter..And ..a sign of a good team and a team that didn't quit..Lake Co had a 26-20 lead with about 6 minutes left in the game and was having to punt from close to the goal line..Most fans from Lake Co was wanting to take a safetyand have a chance to put T.C.A. farther back..Lake Co punted and with about 3:40 and T.C.A facing a 4th and 4 close to Lake Co's 35 or 40 yard line,caught Lake Co napping and scored a touchdown as the T.C.A, defender ran by the Lake Co secondary wide open on a great pass from the T.C.A. quarterback..T.C.A. kicked off and it looked like Lake Co's season may come to an end...Springer would run for 5 or 6 yards..passed for 8 or 9 here and there...With about 14 seconds left ..Lake Co had the ball at about the 30 yard line and Springer threw a perfect pass in the end zone to Damio Yancy for the winning score with 9 seconds showing on the clock...Lake Co had two keys plays in the game ..the touchdown at the end..and on the last play of the first half..Springer threw the ball in the end zone for a touchdown...Great game by both teams...Springer was the difference in this game!

Someone told me that he may have had over 200 yards passing. I can't remember a time when a Lake County quarterback threw for that many yards....maybe Harold Hughes at some point, but if not him, then it's been a LONG time.

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCS. size and speed how are they?

They aren't near as big as Lake Co. but, VERY quick. Got some flat out speed on their side of the ball. Also, they are strong and in shape. The way Lake Co. is playing now, ya'll can beat 'em but, expect a serious game from JCS. I'd feel safe in saying they are better than TCA right now.

They throw the rock around a lot but, short routes mainly. Containing #11 is a must but, don't overlook the rest of 'em. Their offense is generally left handed. JCS is peaking right now just like Lake Co. is so it should be a good 'un next Friday. They are a load to handle but, the Falcons can do it with their A game.

Good luck next Friday Falcons (it's a region 7A thang)!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Edited by duckman38201

The game with T.C.A, tonight was a great game...Lake Co had a 12-0 lead and had a 4th and 1 inside the T.C.A. 15 yard line and jumped off-sides in a drive that I thought would put Lake Co in gret shape..Lake Co pretty well moved the ball on every possession and either had a key penalty or fumbled the ball to stop a drive..Lake Co had about 3 fumbles in which two led to short T.C.A. drives for touchdowns and gave T.C.A. momentum ...The fumbles just let T.C.A. hang around long enough to make a two or three touchdown game a nail -biter..And ..a sign of a good team and a team that didn't quit in T.C.A...I don't believe T.C.A. had any turnovers in the ball game....Lake Co had a 26-20 lead with about 6 minutes left in the game and was having to punt from close to the goal line..Most fans from Lake Co was wanting to take a safetyand have a chance to put T.C.A. farther back..Lake Co punted and with about 3:40 and T.C.A facing a 4th and 4 close to Lake Co's 35 or 40 yard line,caught Lake Co :thumb::thumb: napping and scored a touchdown as the T.C.A, defender ran by the Lake Co secondary wide open on a great pass from the T.C.A. quarterback..T.C.A. kicked off and Lake Co took over on their own 30 yard line...It looked like Lake Co's season may come to an end...Springer would run for 5 or 6 yards..passed for 8 or 9 here and there...With about 14 seconds left ..Lake Co had the ball at about the 30 yard line and Springer threw a perfect pass in the end zone to Damio Yancy for the winning score with 9 seconds showing on the clock...Lake Co had two keys plays in the game ..the touchdown at the end..and on the last play of the first half..Springer threw the ball in the end zone for a touchdown...Great game by both teams...Springer was the difference in this game!

Good luck next Friday night mrbigster and the Falcons. The Rebels had a similar meltdown on offense to last season at JCS which you remember!!! Our defense did OK all things considered but, the offense never showed up tonight. By the way, Butchie wants me to ask around for the best BBQ sauce to use on all the crow he's got to eat. Any suggestions!!!???? :lol::D:blink:

They aren't near as big as Lake Co. but, VERY quick. Got some flat out speed on their side of the ball. Also, they are strong and in shape. The way Lake Co. is playing now, ya'll can beat 'em but, expect a serious game from JCS. I'd feel safe in saying they are better than TCA right now.

They throw the rock around a lot but, short routes mainly. Containing #11 is a must but, don't overlook the rest of 'em. Their offense is generally left handed. JCS is peaking right now just like Lake Co. is so it should be a good 'un next Friday. They are a load to handle but, the Falcons can do it with their A game.

Good luck next Friday Falcons!!!!!!!!!!! :thumb:

Thanks duck..Sorry to see the season end for your Rebels!Yall have a great team..I heard yall moved the ball..just couln't push it in..and 5 interceptions..We know J.C.s. has a great ball team...We are playing very good ball right now..Springer was unbelievale..Mixing up the passes with the run...I thought it was a good officated game tonight..We did have a lot of penalties..but penalties that we were guilty of..Jumping off sides..holding....We moved the ball pretty well at will again tonight...It seemed like we were going to maybe blow them out..only to have about 3 fumbles that gave them momentum and just about let us go home on the losing end..I feel without the fumbles..Lake would have won by at least two..and maybe 3 touchdowns..But T.C.A. has a good team and like the saying goes..let a team hang around and they just may beat you..And I thought they had..I went from thinking we should be winning by 3 touchdowns..to losing and our season was over ..to an unbelievable play to win the game..T.C.A. has a good team and it was a great win..Just have to quit fumbling..But..the fumbles weren't from lack of effort..We played hard!

Edited by mrbigster

Someone told me that he may have had over 200 yards passing. I can't remember a time when a Lake County quarterback threw for that many yards....maybe Harold Hughes at some point, but if not him, then it's been a LONG time.

Wes..I believe he did..He hit Copeland on several big passes tonight and on the winning drive..hit about 6 or 7 passes for just enough yards to pick up a first down..One pass came with us having a 4th and 6 and I believe Springer hit Sep for 7 yards...And #18 caught a pass for about a 40 yard t.d and I believe Sep had about a 5o yard touchdown reception..and then the last pass to Yancey..I believe he had over 200 yards passing!

Good luck next Friday night mrbigster and the Falcons. The Rebels had a similar meltdown on offense to last season at JCS which you remember!!! Our defense did OK all things considered but, the offense never showed up tonight. By the way, Butchie wants me to ask around for the best BBQ sauce to use on all the crow he's got to eat. Any suggestions!!!???? :thumb::blink::thumb:

Lake County is an excellent team, and it was a great game to watch tonight. I have been reading the complaints about behavior at the FA game. Want everyone out there to know that no poor sportsmanship showed up tonight. Actually, the opposite from Lake County players. Brandon Springer entered TCA's post game huddle, shook hands with the coach and told our players they were the best team Lake County had played this year. That is a class act.

Thanks duck..Sorry to see the season end for your Rebels!Yall have a great team..I heard yall moved the ball..just couln't push it in..and 5 interceptions..We know J.C.s. has a great ball team...We are playing very good ball right now..Springer was unbelievale..Mixing up the passes with the run...I thought it was a good officated game tonight..We did have a lot of penalties..but penalties that we were guilty of..Jumping off sides..holding....We moved the ball pretty well at will again tonight...It seemed like we were going to maybe blow them out..only to have about 3 fumbles that gave them momentum and just about let us go home on the losing end..I feel without the fumbles..Lake would have won by at least two..and maybe 3 touchdowns..But T.C.A. has a good team and like the saying goes..let a team hang around and they just may beat you..And I thought they had..I went from thinking we should be winning by 3 touchdowns..to losing and our season was over ..to an unbelievable play to win the game..T.C.A. has a good team and it was a great win..Just have to quit fumbling..But..the fumbles weren't from lack of effort..We played hard!

Man, I'm really let down right now since I know what the Rebels could have done with this season. We peaked too early and I've been afraid of that all season. It finally got to us. I saw it coming last week against Halls.

The Falcons need to eliminate their mistakes next Friday night. Penalties, interceptions, fumbles will all kill you against JCS. They just didn't make any mistakes except for a very few penalties tonight. Well, it's up to ya'll to carry the 7A banner now!!! We're in your corner!!! Get it done.

I may be up ya'lls way duck hunting Sunday on the lake BTW.

Lake County is an excellent team, and it was a great game to watch tonight. I have been reading the complaints about behavior at the FA game. Want everyone out there to know that no poor sportsmanship showed up tonight. Actually, the opposite from Lake County players. Brandon Springer entered TCA's post game huddle, shook hands with the coach and told our players they were the best team Lake County had played this year. That is a class act.

TCA mom..I was thinking the same thing about T.C.A...I'm sure they read a lot of the comments about last week and I said in a post last week that Springer would be the 1st person to console another player on another team...But..what I was thinking was ..to be behind just about all the game..take the lead and looked to be a sure win for T.C.A. and then lose the ball game on a play like they did..to not lose their composure or walk off the field ...the T.C.A players walked out and shook hands in probably one of the worst moments of their football career...T.C.A. has a fine team..never quit tonight..and some fine young men...Great season to T.C.A.and a great game tonight..It really was a shame one of these teams had to lose..

TCA mom..I was thinking the same thing about T.C.A...I'm sure they read a lot of the comments about last week and I said in a post last week that Springer would be the 1st person to console another player on another team...But..what I was thinking was ..to be behind just about all the game..take the lead and looked to be a sure win for T.C.A. and then lose the ball game on a play like they did..to not lose their composure or walk off the field ...the T.C.A players walked out and shook hands in probably one of the worst moments of their football career...T.C.A. has a fine team..never quit tonight..and some fine young men...Great season to T.C.A.and a great game tonight..It really was a shame one of these teams had to lose..

Good post!

Both teams played hard to give us a very (almost TOO) exciting game tonight. It was a good game with a heartbreaking finish for TCA but a spectacular finish for Lake County. They are a very good ball team and like TCAMom said, a team with a lot of class. I truly admired what Brandon Springer did in coming to talk to our team after the game. It is clear that he is a young man of character and he realized that but for that one pass he made in the last 10 seconds, he would have been in their place.

I sure hate to see the guys lose tonight and end what has been a spectacular season for them. The guys on the TCA Football team are a very special bunch of young men and I have been amazed at how they have taken the setbacks from last year and used them to grow stronger and better individually and as a team. God is good :blink: