Henry County vs Melrose

When we played Wooddale, we were not a good football team in any phase of the game. I do know that you have to make them one-dimensional. You cannot allow them to run the football. If Ridgeway can stop the run with a seven man front, then I think they win easily. If you are forced to bring 8 in the box, it will be a tight one.

We stopped them last year when we only had 6 in the box and I would take our front 7 (or front 4 for that matter) against anyone...the HC guys will tell yo uwe are good up front...if we get pressure then I think we beat them.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cause our linemen are not fast at all and those were the only people in front of you when you intercepted the ball.

90 yards an the only people in front were lineman. Where was your quarterback?

You all did play a good game. We did not play the way we had been playing. I for one am glad to know our guys can play awful the first half and dig dip and come out and play the second half. We know that we can't do that this week or we won't see next. We will play all four quarters this week! Coaches will have the Patriots ready to roll. It should be a close game. Look forward to seeing east again next year. Like I said, no one is taking anything from East, you all played a good game. Our players seemed to get fired up when your team started dancing with the band. Wish your band would have kept playing. They were good!

Hey, you all won, this is true. No excuses. You all made the plays and we did not. BUT, do not sit there and act like you all were this great team that should have blown East away from start to finish. We also left a lot of points on the field. First, East did not execute its gameplan for whatever reason. The short passing game was there all night, but the QB chose to throw deep for whatever reason and our receivers dropped a ton of balls since you want to talk about drops (dropped a TD in corner of endzone, 2 other drops led to INT's run back to our 1 yrdline). Our QB's could have booted on you all night, but trotted instead of using their speed. Receivers running the wrong routes on plays we've run all year. Defensively, the D-Line started getting trapped because they became undisciplined and went too far upfield (when they knew to wrong shoulder the pullers). This is why your running game came alive. Hey, all of these things were our fault. We knew better, but we will learn from these mistakes. Yes, rest assure that we will be working while we are off so that we can meet again next year. This will be the last time you see East High blow a game because it is an undisciplined football team. Congrats to HC!

Why, I'm just supprised that we won at all. I mean as slow as we are & how bad our lines were. It's just amazing that our dumb country boys even knew how to take advantage of East's mistakes. {East making mistakes is just too much to even imagine to begin with.} LIB what has high school football come to if a lil ole 4A $ucky @$$ team from the sticks can make it to round 2 in the playoffs? The world has gone to Heck in a hand basket. :thumb: Gezz Patriots I guess you might as well just go pick cotton or haul hay the rest of the week guys, because apparently you don't have a spitting chance at winning this Friday's game. I mean it is a "Memphis Team" & we all know that any team from Memphis is absolutely "The Big $h*t$" in high school football. Just start cleaning out your lockers now because we know how "Scared" you are that you're going to the Mound were the gangs are going to through beer bottles at you while your on the sideline during the game. Oh will your nerves hold up for this trip? :lol:

Why, I'm just supprised that we won at all. I mean as slow as we are & how bad our lines were. It's just amazing that our dumb country boys even knew how to take advantage of East's mistakes. {East making mistakes is just too much to even imagine to begin with.} LIB what has high school football come to if a lil ole 4A $ucky @$$ team from the sticks can make it to round 2 in the playoffs? The world has gone to Heck in a hand basket. B) Gezz Patriots I guess you might as well just go pick cotton or haul hay the rest of the week guys, because apparently you don't have a spitting chance at winning this Friday's game. I mean it is a "Memphis Team" & we all know that any team from Memphis is absolutely "The Big $h*t$" in high school football. Just start cleaning out your lockers now because we know how "Scared" you are that you're going to the Mound were the gangs are going to through beer bottles at you while your on the sideline during the game. Oh will your nerves hold up for this trip? B)

Grow Up. Just to let you know, you sound like a racist, making those kind of remarks. Hope thats not the case. You are probably just a proud Mom, out of her elememnt with nothing else to do.

P.S. All Black Memphis Teams aren't in Gangs

Gang Member's dont have time to do anything constructive like playing high school football.

Again Grow Up & Let your Husband (IF you have one) Talk noise for you Boy #77

because you sound right ignorant & racist.

T.C.

Why, I'm just supprised that we won at all. I mean as slow as we are & how bad our lines were. It's just amazing that our dumb country boys even knew how to take advantage of East's mistakes. {East making mistakes is just too much to even imagine to begin with.} LIB what has high school football come to if a lil ole 4A $ucky @$$ team from the sticks can make it to round 2 in the playoffs? The world has gone to Heck in a hand basket. B) Gezz Patriots I guess you might as well just go pick cotton or haul hay the rest of the week guys, because apparently you don't have a spitting chance at winning this Friday's game. I mean it is a "Memphis Team" & we all know that any team from Memphis is absolutely "The Big $h*t$" in high school football. Just start cleaning out your lockers now because we know how "Scared" you are that you're going to the Mound were the gangs are going to through beer bottles at you while your on the sideline during the game. Oh will your nerves hold up for this trip? B)

What is your problem??? I have enjoyed reading most of your posts but this one crosses the line. You support your team, others support theirs. The dollar signs don't really eliminate the profanity from your post.... I think coacht just posted a thread about profanity on the message boards; maybe you should go read it.

Please don't think all of us feel like Melrose players are gang members,etc. I, for one, was treated very nicely at the game last year. We did have the incident on the sidelines (actually it wasn't even on the sidelines, but some little kid behind the visitors' bleachers). As I said earlier, the Melrose coach is a class act. I am sure his players will act appropriately, as most teams take on the mannerisms of their leadership. What is threatening about shaking keys in someone's face? I think it is clever and wish we had thought of it first.

I am not doing a lot of spouting off about blowing Melrose away because I know their history and have a lot of respect for their talent. Yet I do hope everyone keeps overlooking us (95% pick Melrose) because I do believe we have a good chance to pull the upset. I am nervous about this game as I am all games, especially during play-offs. Loser goes home, and I want to keep watching HC play.

Edited by realredpride

Cause our linemen are not fast at all and those were the only people in front of you when you intercepted the ball.

Not true. My memory serves me well. Go back and check the film if you have access to one. We had two picks for over 150 yards in returns. Are you telling me that only linemen were in front? If so, then your backs and receivers and QB all ran to your sideline as soon as the INT took place! Your statement is ridiculous! If what you say is right, then teach them how to tackle. The truth is that our DB in both cases ran by and around no fewer than 9 East players each time and since we are so slow your guys must have been walking.

77 Mom What are you doing?

The Pats are playing for their team, school and community. IMO as fans/parents what we say/do in relation to games should be in support of our team, school and community. I enjoy good sarcasm, but I can't go where you seem to be going.

My take on whether the better team won last week may be a little different than some. HC won and a win is a win to begin tourney time. How did they win? Better adjustments at halftime, better execution after half, taking better advantage of other teams mistakes. All part of a game. It was UGLY from both sides. The Coaching Staff and fans will take it in game 1, but the ugly duckling needs to start changing to a swan pretty soon because ugly don't get you too far in the playoffs.

Last nights practice in the cold rain was intense for players and coaches. Plans are to take that ugly duck out and SHOOT IT! It will not be flying South, Friday!