Ridgeway v. Wooddale

rhsplaya55

I'm reading different threads and what not, just minding my own business when I run across a recruiting link. Me being the curious person that I am, I go on and start looking for Memphis guys from the Tennessee list of 2007 recruits. Low and behold what do I come across? Why, this is what I find.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2007

Demardre Dean, 6'-6", 330 lb., OT ... :thumb:

I will be the first to admit that I haven't been to a Ridgeway game, but ... how come I am just now hearing about this behemoth of a lineman? Are those stats accurate or exagerated?

Just wondering.

Actually, they are correct...he is massive and he is actually quick for a guy that size...he was the best lineman on our team last year and is again this year.

KWC, what is your deal? You need to egt to an RHS game buddy...I know you're probably gonna be at the HC-Melrose game htis week sitting next to #77's mom haha, but get to the RHS game man.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm reading different threads and what not, just minding my own business when I run across a recruiting link. Me being the curious person that I am, I go on and start looking for Memphis guys from the Tennessee list of 2007 recruits. Low and behold what do I come across? Why, this is what I find.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2007

Demardre Dean, 6'-6", 330 lb., OT ... :thumb:

I will be the first to admit that I haven't been to a Ridgeway game, but ... how come I am just now hearing about this behemoth of a lineman? Are those stats accurate or exagerated?

Just wondering.

My guess is because of the position he plays, plus the fact that 3 other players are up for Mr. Tn. and they get the press.

He goes both ways. Opens the holes for Crawford, plugs the hole on the other side. Darn good player on both sides of the ball.

Actually, they are correct...he is massive and he is actually quick for a guy that size...he was the best lineman on our team last year and is again this year.

KWC, what is your deal? You need to egt to an RHS game buddy...I know you're probably gonna be at the HC-Melrose game htis week sitting next to #77's mom haha, but get to the RHS game man.

rhsplaya55:

What schools are recruiting him? I would think all the area SEC schools would show interest, just because 6'-6" and 300 lbs. isn't found everyday. I know the scouts see him when they come to see Dasmine, Aaron, Josh, and Lagrone! How could you NOT see 6'-6", 300 lbs. of humanity plowing open holes for #32 and company?

I have been to 3 games this year. Whitehaven/Germantown, Whitehaven/White Station, and Melrose/Hardin County. I watched the Bridges K/O classic between Melrose/MUS on TV. I also drove past Whitehaven stadium and witnessed about a quarter of the B.T.W./Carver game. On one other occasion, I slipped by Whitehaven stadium and saw maybe 5 minutes of the Melrose/Hamilton game during the 4th quarter. That's it for this year. My Friday nights have been busy with other activities that took priority for one reason or another. This Friday, my 12 yr old has basketball practice and I was planning on not going to any of the games. But recently, I've changed my mind. I've made up my mind that I am going to drop him off at practice, since the coach doesn't need me to assist him this year, last year was a different story. Then I am going to take my other 3 sons and find my way to Park Avenue where I will saunter up to the fence and find me a spot with the other locals who watch the game through the fence. Then, at the appropriate time, I will gather my clan, make my way back to my car, and proceed to pick up my son from basketball practice. He, my 12 yr. old, will be upset with me when he discovers my plans, because he will want to go with me.

I'm afraid I won't see RHS play this Friday. Even though, THAT will be a VERY GOOD game, to say the least.

I have my thoughts on this game, I will post them later.

rhsplaya55:

What schools are recruiting him? I would think all the area SEC schools would show interest, just because 6'-6" and 300 lbs. isn't found everyday. I know the scouts see him when they come to see Dasmine, Aaron, Josh, and Lagrone! How could you NOT see 6'-6", 300 lbs. of humanity plowing open holes for #32 and company?

I have been to 3 games this year. Whitehaven/Germantown, Whitehaven/White Station, and Melrose/Hardin County. I watched the Bridges K/O classic between Melrose/MUS on TV. I also drove past Whitehaven stadium and witnessed about a quarter of the B.T.W./Carver game. On one other occasion, I slipped by Whitehaven stadium and saw maybe 5 minutes of the Melrose/Hamilton game during the 4th quarter. That's it for this year. My Friday nights have been busy with other activities that took priority for one reason or another. This Friday, my 12 yr old has basketball practice and I was planning on not going to any of the games. But recently, I've changed my mind. I've made up my mind that I am going to drop him off at practice, since the coach doesn't need me to assist him this year, last year was a different story. Then I am going to take my other 3 sons and find my way to Park Avenue where I will saunter up to the fence and find me a spot with the other locals who watch the game through the fence. Then, at the appropriate time, I will gather my clan, make my way back to my car, and proceed to pick up my son from basketball practice. He, my 12 yr. old, will be upset with me when he discovers my plans, because he will want to go with me.

I'm afraid I won't see RHS play this Friday. Even though, THAT will be a VERY GOOD game, to say the least.

KWC,

Surprisingly enough, he isn't getting as much pub as "Freak" (Dasmine), Lagrone, Jasper, and AC...he should be though...I think he could be a very good small D-1 player if not a larger school such as one of the major conferences...I would love to see him get into somewhere good, he is a great young man and we all wish him very well.

...I am going to take my other 3 sons and find my way to Park Avenue where I will saunter up to the fence and find me a spot with the other locals who watch the game through the fence....

Kwc,

Have fun at the Mound Friday nite. That should be a barnburner of a game!

I look forward to reading your post-game summary, as I'll be @ the Ridgeway vs Woodale matchup. Likewise, I'll be sure to provide details.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

P.S. Hopefully your son won't get too upset at you. :lol:

Pray on my brother. Pray on!

Woodale is DRASTICALLY improved from last year's team, despite its inconsistent defense. There won't be any 40-0 shellacking this time around (unfortunately), Papa. So, don't you dare hold your breath waiting on THAT prayer to get answered. :)

You have to know about the other post on other threads to know what this one means.. It's about CPR, bad hearts, nerves and close feetball games. :lol:

This Friday night all these things may come into play. No way does anyone (me) think this will be the score.

You know that post where you thought that Ridgeway was awful and CBHS woulld dominate if they ever faced each other. I remember basically calling giving my opinion on the fact that if conditions were equal betweenthe two schools, then you may not be saying the same thing. Then you were never heard from again.

i'll guess we'll see next year, from an inside source i hear that ridgeway and cbhs will be facing off this upcoming season.