Trousdale County (7-4) @ Tenn. Temple (11-0)

oldtimeballer63

Temple's website www.tntempleacademy.com has the game being played Friday at LV, 7PM.

I agree with Geno and UNCfan about McCallie. It really comes down to whoever scheduled the field first. Temple did not know if they would need it or not until after Friday's game against Monterey and McCallie knew they would be playing there since they have a bye into the second round.

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes TC so good?.....Mmmmmm, ya know, it really is hard to put your finger on it. They are well coached, and that's a gross understatement. They've got good players who know the game and are smart. They have much strength. But regardless of how their regular season goes, they always seem to step it up come playoff time. They always play hard. If you don't they will embarrass you thoroughly. I expect a close game in this one, but I think the loss of Wright will be too much for TC. Temple is tough.

TT-28

TC-17

And by the way, is TT's coach Seth's daddy? Uncle? I'm sure they're related somehow???

What makes some of you think that TC will beat Temple?

I would also like to know some specifics as to why TC thinks they will win.

The reason why I think that Temple may win this one is:

The balanced offensive attack with some of the best 1a skill position players in Tennessee. Temple has always had a strong passing game but this year they have proven to have an equally strong running game.

A much improved defense. Not only are they very physical, they are very smart. Trousdale had better come to the field with two plans: Plan A, and Plan B (Plan C would not be a bad idea, either).

Broad, seasoned coaching staff (all volunteers and are the reason for Temple's continued success). When you watch a game, every coach on the field is coaching, all the time. They work well with one another. Each one knows his role and does his assignment on the sidelines.

Temple's quarterback is an important key to success. Some college needs to take a good look at him, soon. He is patient, relaxed, accurate, and just plain good.

Team, team, team. Temple is a well oiled, grooving machine that hits the field and takes care of business. They do not get uptight. They know how make the necessary adjustments along the way.

Even though I am not sure that Monterey is a good measuring rod for how good region 4 teams are, it seems that Trousdale should take note of the fact that Temple defeated Monterey worse than any region 4 team and it could have been much worse than what it was. Temple's decisive victory over Monterey is another reason Temple may win this week.

Regardless, this week should be a dogfight and should definitely be the game of the week. It could be that whoever wins this one will eventully win state.

What makes TC so good?.....Mmmmmm, ya know, it really is hard to put your finger on it. They are well coached, and that's a gross understatement. They've got good players who know the game and are smart. They have much strength. But regardless of how their regular season goes, they always seem to step it up come playoff time. They always play hard. If you don't they will embarrass you thoroughly. I expect a close game in this one, but I think the loss of Wright will be too much for TC. Temple is tough.

TT-28

TC-17

And by the way, is TT's coach Seth's daddy? Uncle? I'm sure they're related somehow???

Seth and Joey Skogen's dad is Kevin Skogen who is Temple's offensive coordinater.

Pasture, Slick Rick has some video from the film Slick Rick made of the 2nd half on Friday in Hartsville. Did Coach Skogen get this film? If not, Slick Rick can mail a copy to school. Pasture, since the game is at Lookout Valley, we should eat at Cracker Barrell or Patrick's for pregame meal.

Slick Rick also says the zonepirate should meet for pregame.

Edited by Slick Rick

Pasture, Slick Rick has some video from the film Slick Rick made of the 2nd half on Friday in Hartsville. Did Coach Skogen get this film? If not, Slick Rick can mail a copy to school. Pasture, since the game is at Lookout Valley, we should eat at Cracker Barrell or Patrick's for pregame meal.

Slick Rick also says the zonepirate should meet for pregame.

I won't be able to do that this Friday. If the game was being played at Finley I could have met you at T-Bones. Can I take a rain check for next Friday somewhere on the way to Friendship or Gordonsville? I am planning on us winning this Friday :thumb:

come on Zone!! you know you want to come up to Lebanon and watch those Gordonsville Tigers again ;)

and why doesn't Temmple have a playing facility? that has got to stink

I would like to see you guys play this weekend because I think you have a very good chance of beating FC. A friend's son is one of the QB's for Boyd and I haven't gotten to see him all year. Plus do I drive to Lebanon or do I drive 15 mins from my office in Chattanooga Friday afternoon? No brainer :thumb:

I would like to make it next weekend when you play Temple or TC. Temple and TC should just come on down to SP to play!