Play-offs were better when teams traveled.

fb247

While I like the idea of teams from across the state meeting each other sooner, the $ issue seems to be insurmountable. I know that our Booster Club spends every dime we raise ( here in Memphis ) on things that we deem necessary, but that the school system has no budget for.

A couple of years ago one of the officials down here made another good point that I don't have an answer for; how would the seeding work ? Can you imagine all of the arguing that would take place over who should be seeded first, etc., especially when teams had identical records ? I am sure smarter people than me could figure out a way, just saying that that is another angle that state officials probably considered when thinking this through.

You are going to find out next year in 2a, with the changes they just voted on. "Seeding" and "wild cards" that should interesting to watch.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should let region 1 play region 3 and 2 play 4, 5 play 7 and 6 play 8.

I am from Region1 and if they do that then maybe one or two teams from this region would make it to the second round.

A lot of the times the championship game is really in the quarterfinals.

I agree!

I agree 100% !!!!! :thumb:

I totally despise seeing so many rematches in the early rounds of the playoffs, especially with having so many classifications now, where you have over half of 5A making the playoffs. There are way to many 4-6 and 3-7 teams making the playoffs. It is way too watered down now, and there are way to many rematches of Region games in the playoffs. That is what the Regions and the regular season are supposed to be for, sorting out who's good and who isn't. This shouldn't be happening in the playoffs.

Another good post.