Play-offs were better when teams traveled.

fb247

Play-offs were better when teams traveled. In the 2nd. round it would be better if teams traveled like they used to. Hendersonville for example would be playing a team from west Tennessee the next 2 rounds instead of playing teams they have already played. This is possible the next 2 rounds. I think this would also keep some of the better teams in the same region from eliminating each other. This used to better allow the best teams to make it to the semi's. If the best 2 teams were in the same region they would not play until the semi's. Some possible match-ups:Home teams listed first- HL. vs. Wooddale, Ridgeway vs. Hendersonville, Antioch vs. Bolton, White Station vs. Ravenwood.

Edited by fb247

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked it when folk had to travel in the playoffs. It was great to load up the pep bus with rowdy fans and the students getting out of school early to make the trek.

I hate seeing familiar teams facing off each yr....same old same old and seeing the same schools get home field advantage. I liked to see different parts of the state, different stadiums, and witness different traditions. Also fun to study up on where the best place was to eat b/f the game. :lol:

Play-offs were better when teams traveled. In the 2nd. round it would be better if teams traveled like they used to. Hendersonville for example would be playing a team from west Tennessee the next 2 rounds instead of playing teams they have already played. This is possible the next 2 rounds. I think this would also keep some of the better teams in the same region from eliminating each other. This used to better allow the best teams to make it to the semi's. If the best 2 teams were in the same region they would not play until the semi's. Some possible match-ups:Home teams listed first- HL. vs. Wooddale, Ridgeway vs. Hendersonville, Antioch vs. Bolton, White Station vs. Ravenwood.

Are you kidding? some people are complaining about students having to pay 7.00 to get in the game. They would probably would go for it if they were provided with free car, free gas, free hotel, free food, free ticket to game, to go along with the free school, free bus to and from school, free books and free lunch. If you can't afford a 7.00 dollar ticket you sure are not going to want to travel very far. I'm sure I left something out but I'm sure it was free anyway. :lol:

I liked it when folk had to travel in the playoffs. It was great to load up the pep bus with rowdy fans and the students getting out of school early to make the trek.

I hate seeing familiar teams facing off each yr....same old same old and seeing the same schools get home field advantage. I liked to see different parts of the state, different stadiums, and witness different traditions. Also fun to study up on where the best place was to eat b/f the game. :unsure:

I agree. If the teams were seeded, or if regions were forced to play outside of their normal regions, we might have a greater chance of seeing the best two teams in the finals. As it sits now, most of the time, great teams knock each other off in the quarters or semis, simply because of the east/west split in the playoffs.

I tried to discuss this in an earlier post and simply got blasted. But I do agree that travel costs have really played into this. It is getting tougher every year, although, it would seem to me that most booster clubs could handle those costs for the playoffs.

That's what Booster Clubs are for.........gas .

no thats why school systems have a transportation budget

if that was the case the bus would the booster clubs name on it plus all the sponsors adds on the bus has well

the booster clubs pay for the kids pre or post game meal or coaches salary

thankfully the days of tullahoma at cocke co or shelbyville at cherokee are over

That's what Booster Clubs are for.........gas .

Maybe where your form, but not here in northeast tennessee. Here, the booster clubs pay for the stuff the county is supposed to pay for but dosent give the team enough money. You know, stuff like uniforms, practice equipment, pads, materials for preping/maintainging the field, you know, stuff like that.

Edited by Rangerbook06