Dobyns Bennett & the Playoffs

WaCoJaCo

I've been checking out all the back and forths on this thread, and I haven't posted on the substance, but how in the world would putting up a site like this be tantamount to a crime???? In bad taste? Yes. But criminal? No way. The police will politely tell you that if they did get involved, without some sort of criminal threats and the like being posted on the site, which obviously hasn't happened yet by your own investigation, then the police would run afoul of that little thing called the First Amendment....

Luckily most adults would understand why I made that post to someone who is obviously a child. I guess you didn't. Oh well.

BTW, I remember Halls. Weren't you 6th at COC? Never mind, doesn't matter.

IF you ever want to get rid of Graham Clark send him down I-81 to Oak Ridge we'll take him anyday!!!!!

I really do love you Oak Ridge folks. Any good jobs down your way? If I didn't like Kingsport I would live there.

compusatman, I like your understanding of the problem and your spirit of cooperation within this region. I would challenge you to find a way outside this thread to make your dreams of what region 1 could be, happen. Perhaps in a way Waco was looking for sympathy when he startd this thread but I don't think it was a prime motivator. As for me, I saw a developing problem for DB and hoped that discussion might lead so someone finding a solution.

I think we've exhausted this thread. If the message is going to get through, it has by now. Very good thoughts and comments from several folks. Thanks Waco.

• Replies 427
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Luckily most adults would understand why I made that post to someone who is obviously a child. I guess you didn't. Oh well.

I really do love you Oak Ridge folks. Any good jobs down your way? If I didn't like Kingsport I would live there.

compusatman, I like your understanding of the problem and your spirit of cooperation within this region. I would challenge you to find a way outside this thread to make your dreams of what region 1 could be, happen. Perhaps in a way Waco was looking for sympathy when he startd this thread but I don't think it was a prime motivator. As for me, I saw a developing problem for DB and hoped that discussion might lead so someone finding a solution.

I think we've exhausted this thread. If the message is going to get through, it has by now. Very good thoughts and comments from several folks. Thanks Waco.

I think this thread consist of some of the LONGEST posts I have ever seen on CoachT. You DB fans are mad aren't ya?

Edited by ImaOWL

The more things change....The more they stay the same

I wonder if at the start of next years football season DB will be ranked #1 again. I wonder if DB fans will be talking "State Championship" again. Or was this finally the straw that broke the camels back. Certainly the players and coaches worked their butts off this year, just like every year, and should be praised for that. But at some point we all have to face the facts. This team was not going to win a State Championship. These were the guys we have all been watching sinse the 8th grade, and were said to be the "great hope". This was the team that would "finally" bring home the Gold Ball. The result, not even close. I see the same pattern with all the past DB teams that were "expected" to win it all. There are probably several different reasons why DB falls flat in the playoffs. Looking past their opponent, "choking", poor play calling, weak schedule, and just plain ole gettin' beat by a better team. You could probably roll all those reasons up in a ball and that would answer the question. At this point I have come to the conclusion that not a single DB team is as good as we DB fans think. I don't think the coaching staff is as good as we think, and I am positive DB is not as good as the people that vote in the polls think they are. I am sure some DB fans will really let me have it for even saying that, but I speak the truth. Why don't we all just settle down and realize our place in this world. DB is probabbly the best team year in and year out in Upper East Tennessee, and thats about it. People have been telling us all year that we would get beat in the first round and now they are laughing at us. So DB fans, before Basketball, and Baseball season gets underway, please let this be your final leason. Just try to win the district and don't even mention going to state. thanks

The problem is that having all those "state titles" from before the modern era in TSSAA football, D-B and their fans probably have way too much of an inflated opinion of their program. The fact that they can't make the championship game is an obvious sore spot.

Maybe if it wasn't such a thing of D-B fans waving the "we're number 1" banner in everyone's face it wouldn't be so bad. It never hurts when you have a huge block of voters for the AP Poll within a 50 mile radius of Kingsport putting them in the top spot.

Which is precisely why those polls are so meaningless. If the folks at the Times-News, the Herald-Courier, the Press, the Star and others would take a minute to read up on reports throughout the state then the poll would be a little more accurate. D-B is one of the top teams in ET, but it gets a little tougher to argue their strength statewide when they haven't gotten to the point where they play for a state title since the days prior to going to classes.

Okay, we have been over this bridge before, but I'll always stick to my reasoning of why D-B won't win a state title. I made a very lengthy post about this same time last year regarding my opinion. I say it's their feeder system. Some agreed, some didn't, but hey, that's what this board is all about huh? Opinions are like......well you know the rest of that one. Anyway, the Kingsport little league football system is awful. This year, Sevier did have a great year, but it was mainly because of one kid. He was a monster at the middle school level and has a great future ahead of him I hope. But, to make a long story short, until they fix their feeder system, they don't have a chance. ALL successful high school teams, I repeat, ALL successful high school teams, have great feeder systems. Don't get me wrong, D-B is successful, but not to the extent that they could be. That is the ONLY fault I have found with D-B's coaches. The don't get involved in development of players until they get to high school. It all starts when they are young. And that's about all I have to say about that.

When you refer to feeder system are you talking middle school or rec league levels?

DB has Robinson and Sevier Middle schools for feeders they just lack good coaches.If not for the talent of the players at Robinson 3-4 years ago Robinson would not have gone undeated.Seviers big fullback this year is suppose to be a freshman,or they would not have been that good.The fact is more emphasis needs to be put better coaching in the middle schools to build a better player at the high school level.Yes coach clark did go brain dead on the 4 yard line but he is human.I feel like if Pappas lined up at fb and Thompson at tail back and BO was under center and not in a shotgun we would have scored on the first play at the goal line.After seeing the game replay Throp did make the catch.It looked like #33 was lined up on the line and did go downfield.But what was Oak Ridge officials doing up here anyway?Are there not any capable officials in East Tenn.?

Edited by plowboy2

Sympathy never entered my mind when I started this thread. Just wanted to find out what the DB fan "mindset" was after another quick exit from the playoffs. After weeding through the usual driveby posters from the UET 4A'S I think we came up with some pretty good thoughts on why DB is not doing to well in playoff games. You know there are reasons for everything and DB's failures in the playoffs have reasons. Seams like most people who posted agree that the schedule is to weak. Me and a few others agree that for what ever reason Coach Clark has not done a very good job of play calling and use of players in "playoff games" I personally think DB should run the ball a lot more than they do. I don't really think any other area of the state has any better athletes than we do in this area year in and year out. DB can beat just about anybody in regular season, or at least go toe to toe with anybody. It seams to me that when DB hits the playoffs Coach Clark is calling plays like he has something to hide. Like he doesn't want to show his best stuff or use his best players because there might be scouts in the stands watching. Not that thats what he is doing, but just what it seams like. Anyway just wanted all the non DB people to know that we're not looking for sympathy, just discussing DB's playoff problems. And the message has been sent (hopefully)

firegrahamclark.com

Please...Let me know your name so I can start a website go ont there and trash you and your family and all you are about! You can hide behind this website but that doesn't change that you are pitifully pathetic. This man has done nothing but take the football program to a consistent level it has never been. Has it gotten to where we all (including the players and coaches) desired it to be? No, but I would rather the program be in the shape it is and pumping out Ws while at the same time pumping out good young men than to be in the shape of many high school, college, and nfl programs. I have heard from many people (many not associated with the DB program) comment on how much class Coach Clark has shown and how impressed they were with the program. I know for a fact that he personally called the RB from JeffCo the day after this years game checking on his health and encouraging him to hang in. He didn't have to do that! He did that because that is who he is and he realizes he is the face of this program That is who he is. I know he strives any way he can to get his players to become better MEN and he has helped many kids use this program as a stepping stone to improve their lives off the field as much as on the field. I know he has even helped kids from OTHER schools by making contacts and referrels to help them become better MEN off the field as well. I'm not making him a God or saying he is any better person than any other area coach. I think we are truly fortunate to have the men leading our programs in this area...just name some of them and look at there accomplishments (football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, etc). I feel like while yes this area is not a Division 1 factory it represents itself very well in both its athletic achievements and its promotion of kids to use their gifts to get them to a higher level in life. This man has done nothing to disgrace this program or the kids or the school. One can say he should have admitted mistakes in play calling at the 4 yard line...hello the game is 4 qtrs long. How many missed opportunities were there along the way that if successful would have made all this jive a mute point? Of course there were some places that looked like "why are we not doing so and so?"...but these coaches know a heck of a lot (2 words) more than any of us no matter your football knowledge and they have looked at a lot more film to know what SHOULD work. It didn't work and it is disappoting and I'm will lament tonight when there is no lights at J Fred...but there is more to life. Just ask Coach Clark...he just got his daughter back home after having a brain tumor removed! Get a life! Some things are a lot more important than a silly game.

I want everyone to know that he is not a true DB fan and his view is not the view of the community. That kind of junk is what gives everyone else the ammo to get on here and call the fan base elitist and tear down the fan base when things happen as they did Friday night. I hope you choose to stay off any real discussion about DB and their teams from here on and you have no legitimacy as far as I'm concerned. Your name is correct...you are a fanatic.

Please...Let me know your name so I can start a website go ont there and trash you and your family and all you are about! You can hide behind this website but that doesn't change that you are pitifully pathetic. This man has done nothing but take the football program to a consistent level it has never been. Has it gotten to where we all (including the players and coaches) desired it to be? No, but I would rather the program be in the shape it is and pumping out Ws while at the same time pumping out good young men than to be in the shape of many high school, college, and nfl programs. I have heard from many people (many not associated with the DB program) comment on how much class Coach Clark has shown and how impressed they were with the program. I know for a fact that he personally called the RB from JeffCo the day after this years game checking on his health and encouraging him to hang in. He didn't have to do that! He did that because that is who he is and he realizes he is the face of this program That is who he is. I know he strives any way he can to get his players to become better MEN and he has helped many kids use this program as a stepping stone to improve their lives off the field as much as on the field. I know he has even helped kids from OTHER schools by making contacts and referrels to help them become better MEN off the field as well. I'm not making him a God or saying he is any better person than any other area coach. I think we are truly fortunate to have the men leading our programs in this area...just name some of them and look at there accomplishments (football, baseball, basketball, volleyball, etc). I feel like while yes this area is not a Division 1 factory it represents itself very well in both its athletic achievements and its promotion of kids to use their gifts to get them to a higher level in life. This man has done nothing to disgrace this program or the kids or the school. One can say he should have admitted mistakes in play calling at the 4 yard line...hello the game is 4 qtrs long. How many missed opportunities were there along the way that if successful would have made all this jive a mute point? Of course there were some places that looked like "why are we not doing so and so?"...but these coaches know a heck of a lot (2 words) more than any of us no matter your football knowledge and they have looked at a lot more film to know what SHOULD work. It didn't work and it is disappoting and I'm will lament tonight when there is no lights at J Fred...but there is more to life. Just ask Coach Clark...he just got his daughter back home after having a brain tumor removed! Get a life! Some things are a lot more important than a silly game.

I want everyone to know that he is not a true DB fan and his view is not the view of the community. That kind of junk is what gives everyone else the ammo to get on here and call the fan base elitist and tear down the fan base when things happen as they did Friday night. I hope you choose to stay off any real discussion about DB and their teams from here on and you have no legitimacy as far as I'm concerned. Your name is correct...you are a fanatic.

:thumb: There are also a few Eastmanites that have some key players on this team (you know who you all are) that are calling for GC's head. It's pathetic! He's the best coach in this area and the best that D-B has ever had.