Looking to next season

daniel102081

Anyone else getting football fever? I know that school just got out, but football season isn't getting here quickly enough...lol I appreciate all the comments on my thread, never thought I'd get so popular.

To Pedo and 5A Fan, let's here what ya'll,being the local sports writers and all, think of our chances are of having a better or worse season from last year.

The potential is there to have a really good season... everyone has to keep working hard, stay focused and hope the injury bug doesn't strike like it did last season.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been begged to post something here, so here it is. Coffee County coaching staff needs to teach more technique at certain spots to become a real force. Last year, you could really tell who were students of the game and had a real initiative to learn more to perfect their skills. I haven't seen any practices or scrimmages yet, so I know nothing of the current state of the team. I just know that a lot of starters graduated this past year and that more inexperienced players will need to step up. I believe that they will. Coach Price does a good job with his players. Perhaps it's the lack of having a QB coach (I don't really know if they have one) to teach the QBs technique. Tackling and "staying home" was a huge problem last year and needs to be addressed. They need to open the playbook up in every game this year and not just in a few games. There were all to many times last year where I could predict the play and the opponents looked as if they could also. That reversal in the Warren County game two years ago was timed just right. Those are the kind of plays that you need up your sleeve. I'm gonna stop talking now. Later! <_<

How does everyone think our team will be next year.....what are your opinions on our strengths and weaknesses...as a member of the team i am very curious.... i believe that we have a very strong offense..... but our weakness is depth but we have been fairly healthy so far hopefully that wont be a factor...we have speed in the back field and a solid O and D line...what do you think>?

How does everyone think our team will be next year.....what are your opinions on our strengths and weaknesses...as a member of the team i am very curious.... i believe that we have a very strong offense..... but our weakness is depth but we have been fairly healthy so far hopefully that wont be a factor...we have speed in the back field and a solid O and D line...what do you think>?

This is for you CCF, don't worry about what people on this message board says or thinks. You need to stay focused on the task at hand. The only thing that matters is your work right now during the summer and paying attention to the coaches. These guys on here aren't at practice or in the weight room. They don't know your heart. But to answer the question, we need to improve in all areas. We need to improve everyday because we are not ready. If you read to much of this stuff on here you will start to believe it be it good or bad. These boards are fun, but they are for has-beens (no dis-respest intended) not those with games still to win. See ya at practice. :)

Edited by bigblue74

• 2 weeks later...
This is for you CCF, don't worry about what people on this message board says or thinks. You need to stay focused on the task at hand. The only thing that matters is your work right now during the summer and paying attention to the coaches. These guys on here aren't at practice or in the weight room. They don't know your heart. But to answer the question, we need to improve in all areas. We need to improve everyday because we are not ready. If you read to much of this stuff on here you will start to believe it be it good or bad. These boards are fun, but they are for has-beens (no dis-respest intended) not those with games still to win. See ya at practice. :popcorneater:

It's been awhile since anything has been posted here, so I'll bring a little life to it. On my way to Tullahoma I caught a glimpse of Coffee County's practice...they looked pretty good from the drivers seat of my car...lol how do they stack up to the teams like cookeville, oakland...etc?