6-5A early favorites

CHS 2007

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree with Ravenwood and Dickson Co. Ravenwood has lost the bulk of their talent over the past two years plus rumors of Rector leaving have been surfacing. Dickson Co. has from what I understand a horrible JV and Freshman team.

Franklin still has a lot of good young talent and could easily be the class of the region next year. Brentwood also has developed a good young team this year. Cordell and Baugh will provide one of the state's best passing games next year for Independence. And don't be so quick to count out Centennial. A lot of our younger players have developed a lot of experience and a new coach with a new gameplan can revive this team.

Disagree with Ravenwood and Dickson Co. Ravenwood has lost the bulk of their talent over the past two years plus rumors of Rector leaving have been surfacing. Dickson Co. has from what I understand a horrible JV and Freshman team.

Franklin still has a lot of good young talent and could easily be the class of the region next year. Brentwood also has developed a good young team this year. Cordell and Baugh will provide one of the state's best passing games next year for Independence. And don't be so quick to count out Centennial. A lot of our younger players have developed a lot of experience and a new coach with a new gameplan can revive this team.

You're right, CHS is rumored to have made an offer to Jeff Fisher, who may bring along some free agents to help CHS next year. I will be quick to dismiss CHS based on your ability to predict who's good or not from this Region. I do remember your predictions for the 1st round of the playoffs (0-4). So I think you've damaged any credibility you may have in judging team talent. By the way, Ravenwood has a bunch coming back next year and will be very good. Dickson will have the best RB in the Region back, Shane Rayburn and you are right about the rest. Take the blinders off about Centennial. I do like Coffee, Kelly, and Scales though.

Edited by jgkarl

You're right, CHS is rumored to have made an offer to Jeff Fisher, who may bring along some free agents to help CHS next year. I will be quick to dismiss CHS based on your ability to predict who's good or not from this Region. I do remember your predictions for the 1st round of the playoffs (0-4). So I think you've damaged any credibility you may have in judging team talent. By the way, Ravenwood has a bunch coming back next year and will be very good. Dickson will have the best RB in the Region back, Shane Rayburn and you are right about the rest. Take the blinders off about Centennial. I do like Coffee, Kelly, and Scales though.

It was actually Tom Coughlin, but that's not the point. I don't think anyone would have predicted some of the outcomes of the palyoffs. I thought Rayburn was a senior. It that case, he would be a three-year starter next year right?

Remember LaVergne two years ago? They went 1-9 in 2004, changed coaches, and made the playoffs the next year with primarily the same team. Dont say it won't happen.

It was actually Tom Coughlin, but that's not the point. I don't think anyone would have predicted some of the outcomes of the palyoffs. I thought Rayburn was a senior. It that case, he would be a three-year starter next year right?

Remember LaVergne two years ago? They went 1-9 in 2004, changed coaches, and made the playoffs the next year with primarily the same team. Dont say it won't happen.

Ha Ha I think you want someone younger than Coughlin so they can grow with the program. Rayburn will be a senior next year...And I won't say it can't happen for CHS because of the talent level at the school. It would certainly be a "Cinderella Story" if they can win next year in this Region. Good luck on your search for a head coach.

DC is returning 6 starters on defense ( a pretty good D too) and had quite a few other underclassman rotate in and out. They will be retuning Primm at QB, Bell at WR/FS, and the best back in the region in Rayburn.

They will also have another 230 plus fullback who is a better runner than Brooks, and they have one very promising freshman LB/QB coming up.

DC should be right in the hunt again next year.

Rayburn will be a three year starter next year

Indy and Franklin will be frontrunners! Dickson will not be far behind!

Rayburn(DCHS) is tough...but I will say that Pettigrew is one heck of a load at IHS as well. These two guys will lead the pack in Region 6-5A as far as RB's go.

Cordell will be back along with 4 outa 5 receivers from this year...plus the Pettigrew factor! Coach Smith and staff have to be looking forward to next season with that crew back!

My figures may be off a little, but I believe the IHS defense will return 6-7 guys as well!

Fast-Forward to 2007!

My honest opinion as a CHS fan is that we can contend next year. I'm not saying we'll go 10-0 and win the region or anything. But the younger players we've been developing these past two years will be three-year starters and will have the experience to lead this team.

Barlar is an underrated QB who many believe have the potential to be an elite passer. He would thrive under a new balanced offense.

Coffee (when he's healthy) is one of the most dangerous rushers in the region and he has shown that ability during his career here.

Scales is Michael Vick's little brother. He has speed and agility in the pocket and has improved with his passing over the season. It will be interesting to see what QB the new coach decides to build around.

McLemore is a skill corner who had 3 multi-Interception games this year. He also doubles as a reciever.

Kelly has shown flashes of a great playmaking reciever. At 6'7, he is a big target. Not always reliable, but that should improve with time.

Ben Mixer might be returning to the O-Line next year, giving us size and speed for blocking. Also, look for Rising Sophomores Tony Kemp and Tim Harris to be utilized in the new coaches gameplan.

Bottom Line: The last two years might have paid off, we put a lot of inexperienced players in and they have developed into not only great players, but leaders of this team. 1 year can change alot (just look at Oak Ridge or Independence) we have the talent, we just need the right coach to correctly put it together.

Quit making up stuff, there is no rumor regardless of what you are hoping for.

Edited by rapbwood