6-5A early favorites

CHS 2007

Franklin will be near the top...Franklin-Indy will be a huge matchup.

Indy will be there as well but they need more team discipline in order to have success at the 5A level.

Brentwood was very young this year and they will be even tougher next year.

Dickson will be up there, although I think they are losing a lot of size.

Centennial--provided they hire the right coaching candidate--can be up and competing for the fourth spot. They will be the sleeper team.

Ravenwood will be in the mix but they are losing a lot of linemen. They lost a lot last year, but almost none of their hosses graduated. This upcoming year could be a rebuilding year for the Raptors. Maybe with Rector it should be considered re-tooling.

Projected order of finish:

1. Franklin

2. Indy

3. Dickson

4. Brentwood

5. Ravenwood

6. Centennial

7. Columbia

8. Clarksville NE

Teams 1-6 may only be separated by two games. '06 was a reloading year for region 6, and '07 will see its return to prominence.

Edited by donathan5507

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Franklin will be near the top...Franklin-Indy will be a huge matchup.

Indy will be there as well but they need more team discipline in order to have success at the 5A level.

Brentwood was very young this year and they will be even tougher next year.

Dickson will be up there, although I think they are losing a lot of size.

Centennial--provided they hire the right coaching candidate--can be up and competing for the fourth spot. They will be the sleeper team.

Ravenwood will be in the mix but they are losing a lot of linemen. They lost a lot last year, but almost none of their hosses graduated. This upcoming year could be a rebuilding year for the Raptors. Maybe with Rector it should be considered re-tooling.

Projected order of finish:

1. Franklin

2. Indy

3. Dickson

4. Brentwood

5. Ravenwood

6. Centennial

7. Columbia

8. Clarksville NE

Teams 1-6 may only be separated by two games. '06 was a reloading year for region 6, and '07 will see its return to prominence.

I have to beleive that the top of the region will come down to Franklin and Indy. Both teams have the bulk of their lineup returning and alot of seniors will be loaded with experience. Cordell combined with Baugh and Veres might become the best passing game in the state. Franklin's got the stacked d returning and as soon as they solve their QB problem their offense should be clicking too.

Dickson County will be losing just about all of their offensive and defensive lines. If I counted right, 7 starters from this year's DC defense will be returning. The offense will lose several backs including RB #1 and FB #30 , the back-up RBs #17, #25, and #34. I also believe #88, DC's leading receiver, is also graduating. Be it rumor or not, I have also heard that their QB will not be playing next year.

I think the region will stack up again pretty close to what it did this year, with the top few teams being in the same relative order. I also believe Brentwood will come back stronger next year. But who knows, I guess we'll just have to wait until 2007 :thumb:

There is a LOT of time before these predictions mean anything. The rising freshmen and sophomore will really start hitting the weights, juniors need to take the leadership mantel as rising seniors. I've learned over the years that new teams take on new character over the winter, spring, and summer. Just because you have "X" number of players or a certain player return, does not in itself, guarantee you anything for next year. Some players have peaked, new ones will peak, some get complacent, some get hungrier. Outside interests rise up. Team chemistry might be the most important element. You just can't make it happen or predict it will happen.

I think you can easily predict that the same teams that battled for the playoffs this year will be in the mix again next. Centennial will be the dark horse for the fact that we have no idea who the new coach is, the impact he will have, and how soon he can turn the program around. We also do not know what further coaching changes will pop up between now and kick-off.

Regardless of the other may think or think they know, Ravenwood will be reloaded in 2007 and ready for Lions, Eagles x 3, Rebels, Cougars x 2, Bruins, Patriots, and Bulldog.

Ravenwood will set Williamson County history in 2007 as the only team to win over BA.

Why? We believe when others don't.

Just wondering if there are statistics available regarding overall playoff win/loss percentage. Since Ravenwood has been playing Varsity they are 7 -1 in playoffs or 88% wins. (I know...you can do anything with stats...just ask Harold Ford Jr.)

Back to '07 predictions.

As to all the experience returning for CHS, that experience is overwhelmed in loosing. Who ever the new coach is, the first task he will need to adress is the implementing the attitude of a winner. Getting a team to BELIEVE they enter each and every game with an expectation to win. Not simply talk about it - but BELIEVE it.

As to everyone else, it comes down to working in the off-season and to paraphrase Fromthetop - who can keep the outside interests and influences to a minimum!