11aa mvp

rowdyrebel4life

There is a lot of talent in this district this year , but whos the best.

this may be a little bit early to talk about this since anything could happen injuries and such plus we would have to see what teams are in contention but here are just some of my predictions for some candidates for the award in not certain order:

Austin Lohin - Sycamore

Cody Dunn - Mont. Cent.

Jake West - Stewart Co.

Scott Newton - Harpeth

Kevin Giltner - Harpeth

Don Dansby - Cheatham Co.

this may be a little bit early to talk about this since anything could happen injuries and such plus we would have to see what teams are in contention but here are just some of my predictions for some candidates for the award in not certain order:

Austin Lohin - Sycamore

Cody Dunn - Mont. Cent.

Jake West - Stewart Co.

Scott Newton - Harpeth

Kevin Giltner - Harpeth

Don Dansby - Cheatham Co.

I'd also place Joey Beach from Cheatham Co. in the mix as well. There are the district's "Magnificent Seven" so to speak :thumb:

I remember this argument with Jesse Moulton, Scott Erland, & Jake West last year OR Rico Ralston & Noel Smith from a few years ago.

In my humble opinion the MVP of the District should be the one induvidual player who serves as the most important reason to his team's success. Now the MVP should play for a team that qualifies for Regionals in my view and should play for a team in the district title hunt.

That is why throughout last year I said the MVP was Jake West. Harpeth's Erland & Sycamore's Moulton were both outstanding basketball players HOWEVER anyone would also know that both of those teams are still good enough last year to get to the Regionals without those two stars leading the way for their induvidual teams. Stewart Co. contended for the district all year last season and despite postseason struggles they still qualified for the Regionals. How did they do this????? In short the answer is Jake West. Without him filling it up on a nightly basis the Rebels are a BAD BASKETBALL TEAM!!!! West is the leader of the basketball team and people know right away that when they play Stewart Co. they'd better plan on shutting down #30. If West performs this year and Stewart has the success that they did last year then he'd be my pick again to win the MVP. If he struggles and Stewart Co. struggles, as they did in the tourney last year, then my vote is going to go elsewhere.

BTW, it's not only Jake West at Stewart Co. when we talk about teams that have that one star that has to perform for them to have a shot at winning. Cody Dunn at Montgomery Central is another example. I'm sure that Indians head basketball coach Jimmy Young would tell you all the same thing about his team heading into the 2006-2007 campaign.

I remember this argument with Jesse Moulton, Scott Erland, & Jake West last year OR Rico Ralston & Noel Smith from a few years ago.

In my humble opinion the MVP of the District should be the one induvidual player who serves as the most important reason to his team's success. Now the MVP should play for a team that qualifies for Regionals in my view and should play for a team in the district title hunt.

That is why throughout last year I said the MVP was Jake West. Harpeth's Erland & Sycamore's Moulton were both outstanding basketball players HOWEVER anyone would also know that both of those teams are still good enough last year to get to the Regionals without those two stars leading the way for their induvidual teams. Stewart Co. contended for the district all year last season and despite postseason struggles they still qualified for the Regionals. How did they do this????? In short the answer is Jake West. Without him filling it up on a nightly basis the Rebels are a BAD BASKETBALL TEAM!!!! West is the leader of the basketball team and people know right away that when they play Stewart Co. they'd better plan on shutting down #30. If West performs this year and Stewart has the success that they did last year then he'd be my pick again to win the MVP. If he struggles and Stewart Co. struggles, as they did in the tourney last year, then my vote is going to go elsewhere.

BTW, it's not only Jake West at Stewart Co. when we talk about teams that have that one star that has to perform for them to have a shot at winning. Cody Dunn at Montgomery Central is another example. I'm sure that Indians head basketball coach Jimmy Young would tell you all the same thing about his team heading into the 2006-2007 campaign.

Very true BC. SCHS has alot better chemistry with West dominating on the floor. But Once he's shut down it seems like a major slack in Team play. The Rebs have some excess players that can play some ball, but they def. need to pick it up alot more this year when West struggles. Anyways, back to the discussion at hand, West is a premier player with great skill and potential. He'll be in the D-mvp race all season as long as he's healthy. Overall, best of luck to all the players and stay injury free

Meh...........Individual awards in a team sport mean nothing. A real player would trade all of them to go to state. Focus on what's important. They shouldn't even award an MVP for the district IMO. Besides, a good defensive stopper is much more valuable to a teams success than a guy who has to score for his team to win. Offense gets the headlines and defense gets the hardware.

I gave this speech last year too didn't I? I hate MVP awards...... :rolleyes:

Edited by ksgovols

Very true BC. SCHS has alot better chemistry with West dominating on the floor. But Once he's shut down it seems like a major slack in Team play. The Rebs have some excess players that can play some ball, but they def. need to pick it up alot more this year when West struggles. Anyways, back to the discussion at hand, West is a premier player with great skill and potential. He'll be in the D-mvp race all season as long as he's healthy. Overall, best of luck to all the players and stay injury free

Jake West is MVP but there are some great players like Austin Lohin and Cody Dunn but it goes by how ur team competes Jake has alot of help this season with more shooters coming in the starting role but best of luck to all players and watch out for the Rebs they will surprise ya!

MVP is a hard award to give. In my opinion, Jake West was the most valuable player last year in the district. SCHS would not have been anything near the team they were wothout him. Moulton from SYcamore should have been the Player of the year for his consistent play for the whole year. THere is a difference between the two. Sycamore would have been good even without Moulton, but he was the best player in the district last year. During the district tournament, Erland was the MVP because of his play during the tourney, especially the championship game.

The MVP awards aren't always for the most valuable player but for the player of the year instead. THat is why there is so much talk about them.

Good luck for all of the teams this year.