State Tournament in 2007

DonCChatt

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually I remember reading that Chattanooga has it through 2008. It was a 3 year contract.

Technically, I think we are both right. Last year was the first of the contract, then this one, then next. Since the next year ends in 2008 (spring)... I could be wrong on my "math", though.

A Chattanoogan.com article dated January 12, 2006 states "The TSSAA Board of Control voted Thursday morning to keep the girls state soccer tournament in Chattanooga for the next three years, beginning this fall."

Also it states "Although the tournament has been held at Finley Stadium in the past, it will not be used the next three years."

So I assume this means Fall 2006, 2007, 2008.

I think Chattanooga, generally, is a fine location for the tournament but I really dislike the fact that the games are not all held at the same venue. To me, it takes some of the fun out of the event for the players and coaches, and for that matter, fans of soccer (all 10 or 12 of us) who are interested in seeing multiple games rather than just seeing one team play. The CCS and GPS game fields are terrific. They just are at different locations.

I have heard that Camp Jordan may have been upgraded recently. Was it and is there any chance it could be held there? As for Finley, I liked playing on Finley's surface before it got destroyed a couple of years ago and was replaced, I believe, by turf. I would not like to see the state tournament played on turf.

Edited by hoya75

I think Chattanooga, generally, is a fine location for the tournament but I really dislike the fact that the games are not all held at the same venue. To me, it takes some of the fun out of the event for the players and coaches, and for that matter, fans of soccer (all 10 or 12 of us) who are interested in seeing multiple games rather than just seeing one team play. The CCS and GPS game fields are terrific. They just are at different locations.

I have heard that Camp Jordan may have been upgraded recently. Was it and is there any chance it could be held there? As for Finley, I liked playing on Finley's surface before it got destroyed a couple of years ago and was replaced, I believe, by turf. I would not like to see the state tournament played on turf.

I think that siegel Park in Murfreesboro is a great venue. The boys tournament was held there. All in one complex. Great Stadium, too.

I would have to agree, that Richard siegel Park in Murfreesboro is wonderful, and they have that center stadium for the Championship games. It would make the Girls State Tournament seem more "special", being at a site that was neutral for all teams, and I'm sure it would be a little more of a Tournament atmosphere, and I'm sure the media would have an easier time, and maybe a college coach or two would show up, with it being more convenient, and easier to get around. But being from Chatt. it sure is convenient and not too costly for the Chattanooga teams.

I have heard rumors that it is going to Knoxville next, then out to Memphis, then to Nashville and so on. I don't think there is a whole lot of validity in that, though. Knoxville doesn't have a complex that could hold everyone, and it would have to be held at seperate campuses like in Chatt.

I personally liked the games being at one complex, so that I could watch AAA play or Division 2. It also felt like you were somewhere "special" instead of just at an away game.

Edited by BigG