5-A Cell Phone Network...

davidlimbaugh

Yep! Isn't it fun? But also sad when a 'friend' loses. I will miss the calls from the nice lady in Ridgeway the past couple of years. I wonder if her son is a senior or will she be back next year?

We need someone from the Ooltewah-Farragut game and the White Station vs Wooddale game next week....

We are down to the 'elite 8' :thumb:

My oldest son actually graduated from Ridgeway last year. My husband has been the head coach at Ridgeway for the last 22 years. He plans to retire from Memphis City Schools in February so this was his last game on the Ridgeway sidelines - which would explain to you why I could hardly talk on those last few phone calls! Ridgeway football is all we have ever known...our blood is blue and orange. As he said to his team last night, he does "not know what the future holds for [me], but Ridgeway will always be home." He has spent 26 of his 30 years with Memphis City Schools at Ridgeway High School but the time has come to move on. He plans to keep coaching - either in a TN private school or crossing over state lines to MS or AR. Know anyone looking for a coach???!!! :lol:

It has been fun...you do a great job keeping us all informed. If we decide to go to the White Station-Wooddale game next week, I will let you know. Good luck to you and your team!

Edited by crc

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My oldest son actually graduated from Ridgeway last year. My husband has been the head coach at Ridgeway for the last 22 years. He plans to retire from Memphis City Schools in February so this was his last game on the Ridgeway sidelines - which would explain to you why I could hardly talk on those last few phone calls! Ridgeway football is all we have ever known...our blood is blue and orange. As he said to his team last night, he does "not know what the future holds for [me], but Ridgeway will always be home." He has spent 26 of his 30 years with Memphis City Schools at Ridgeway High School but the time has come to move on. He plans to keep coaching - either in a TN private school or crossing over state lines to MS or AR. Know anyone looking for a coach???!!! :lol:

It has been fun...you do a great job keeping us all informed. If we decide to go to the White Station-Wooddale game next week, I will let you know. Good luck to you and your team!

So your husband is 'graduating'. Tell him the Riverdale Warriors say "Congratulations!" on the retirement and we wish him well in whatever he does. And that you enjoy having more time to spend with him. It takes a special person to be a coach's wife :thumb: Next time we are over in the Memphis area I'll give ya a call and maybe we can get together at Neely's for some ribs and a sausage and cheese plate!

So your husband is 'graduating'. Tell him the Riverdale Warriors say "Congratulations!" on the retirement and we wish him well in whatever he does. And that you enjoy having more time to spend with him. It takes a special person to be a coach's wife :thumb: Next time we are over in the Memphis area I'll give ya a call and maybe we can get together at Neely's for some ribs and a sausage and cheese plate!

Neely's sounds good...I'll hold you to it. As of right now, we plan on going to the White Station-Wooddale game so I will keep you posted. If that changes, I'll let you know.

Neely's sounds good...I'll hold you to it. As of right now, we plan on going to the White Station-Wooddale game so I will keep you posted. If that changes, I'll let you know.

Great! We will have every game covered this week then! Should be a fun night of football. I have always felt like this is the biggest week, because the winner gets to play football on Thanksgiving weekend and the losers (I especially feel for the seniors and their families) have a Thanksgiving week of no football practice or a game to play....

The 5-A Cell Phone Network is now down to two sites...

I'll be at the Ooltewah at Smyrna game.... (wish I was about 15 miles down the interstate, but it wasn't to be....)

We have Ravenwood vs White Station game covered...

How about other classes, want to join in???? If so, please email me at

david@riverdalewarriors.com

Everyone have a great Thanksgiving! And will be 'seeing' ya Friday!