Jo Byrns @ Mt.Pleasant

MPTigerT

Anybody seen Bigtuck and his mouth? He claimed that JB was unbeatable and that they deserved to be recognized as the best. You lost Bigtuck.

I haven't seen anything to harsh from the youngster. Last night must have been a great game.

My sons played in Region 6 against Mt. Pleasant for the last few years. I saw JB play in the first round. The Tuck kid played very hard and had great intensity. I would be very surprised if he didn't have 10 plus tackles last night and left it all on the field. To be his size.... that's impressive. My point really; if you can walk the walk....

Congrat's to the Tigers! Isn't this the final 4, 2 out of the last 3 years?

• Replies 677
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anybody seen Bigtuck and his mouth? He claimed that JB was unbeatable and that they deserved to be recognized as the best. You lost Bigtuck.

I saw it last night............when he was playing his heart out and earning respect, which he deserves, along with the rest of his team.

Where were you and your team? Probably the same place alot of us were. Watching someone else play in the third round.

That was a great game. I feel like I cheated the kids by only having to pay 7 dollars to get in. Hats off to both teams. You all have something to be proud of.

Marco 280 yards

Colton 233 yards

These young men put on a show last night.

What a battle.

Its was good to see my CoachT pals again. :thumb:

I think i am finally ready to post about the game.

First of all thanks to all the JBS fans for supporting us all year, the crowd was great all night last night, and kept us up when things didnt look good. Also thanks for the compliments for the MP fans, u guys are a class act, and although i was very emotional after the game, I appreciated all of u guys all coming up to me, and talking to me.

Now to the game, our game plan, as u could see was soley to contain Marco, and hold him to 2 or 3 TD's, we somehat did that. He broke those long runs, but although we gave up 30, i am proud of our defensive effort, and i think even Marco will tell u that was the hardest earned yards he has ever had to gain. Everytime he broke a tackle we had another guy there to hit him, just couldnt stop the big play. Once he got past our fron 7, it was to the races, and nobody on our team has the speed to catch him, except maybe Orlando. The TD late in the second quarter, was in my opinion a coaching mistake, because we knew they were passing, but we had an extra LB spy on Daily in the game, and he was man to man on #4 and he shouldnt have been in the game, Kurt should have baenn guarding him, but again no excuses just a breakdown. On that Tim Tebow two point conversion, i saw it coming and jumped to tip the ball at the line of scrimmage, and i missed it by about 2 inches. If would have been just alittle bit taller, i could have got it.

I give props to MP's D they were tough, and kept daring us to pass all night, stacking 8 and 9 guys in the box almost half the time. I really wish Shane would have thrown the ball away at the end of the game, and let us have a FG attempt, our FG kicker can hit from 45 and that would have only been a 37 yarder. But things didnt go that way. I am EXTREMELY proud of all of the other seniors, and ther rest of the team for not quitting when we got down 22-6 and fighting back, and almost making an even better come back then last year. No excuses from me it was a hard fought game, and i wish it didnt end like this but oh well.

I just have one final thing to say, and this will prolly make some MP fans mad, but oh well. U guys keep saying that ur not a one man team, and i agree it takes all 11 ppl. But Marco is the difference maker, he is the reason u guys won last night, and he is the reason u guys are still here to begin with. I am not making excuses, but for anybody to say hes not, is just stupid. He is the best athlete i have ever faced, and i hope he doesnt waste his talent and goes on to a d1 college.

Without question, this was the most awsome game :lol: Huge congratulations to mTp!!!!!!!!!!!! Hats off to the Reddevils :D History was made for mTp last night. Especially to the seniors of mTp, this has been an amazing ride, thank you for letting us be apart of it, hold these memories the rest of your life, I know I will :D To Jo Byrns, hold your heads high, you are loaded with talent , I have nothing but respect for your program.

First of all thanks to all the JBS fans for supporting us all year, the crowd was great all night last night, and kept us up when things didnt look good. Also thanks for the compliments for the MP fans, u guys are a class act, and although i was very emotional after the game, I appreciated all of u guys all coming up to me, and talking to me.

Now to the game, our game plan, as u could see was soley to contain Marco, and hold him to 2 or 3 TD's, we somehat did that. He broke those long runs, but although we gave up 30, i am proud of our defensive effort, and i think even Marco will tell u that was the hardest earned yards he has ever had to gain. Everytime he broke a tackle we had another guy there to hit him, just couldnt stop the big play. Once he got past our fron 7, it was to the races, and nobody on our team has the speed to catch him, except maybe Orlando. The TD late in the second quarter, was in my opinion a coaching mistake, because we knew they were passing, but we had an extra LB spy on Daily in the game, and he was man to man on #4 and he shouldnt have been in the game, Kurt should have baenn guarding him, but again no excuses just a breakdown. On that Tim Tebow two point conversion, i saw it coming and jumped to tip the ball at the line of scrimmage, and i missed it by about 2 inches. If would have been just alittle bit taller, i could have got it.

I give props to MP's D they were tough, and kept daring us to pass all night, stacking 8 and 9 guys in the box almost half the time. I really wish Shane would have thrown the ball away at the end of the game, and let us have a FG attempt, our FG kicker can hit from 45 and that would have only been a 37 yarder. But things didnt go that way. I am EXTREMELY proud of all of the other seniors, and ther rest of the team for not quitting when we got down 22-6 and fighting back, and almost making an even better come back then last year. No excuses from me it was a hard fought game, and i wish it didnt end like this but oh well.

I just have one final thing to say, and this will prolly make some MP fans mad, but oh well. U guys keep saying that ur not a one man team, and i agree it takes all 11 ppl. But Marco is the difference maker, he is the reason u guys won last night, and he is the reason u guys are still here to begin with. I am not making excuses, but for anybody to say hes not, is just stupid. He is the best athlete i have ever faced, and i hope he doesnt waste his talent and goes on to a d1 college.

Well stated,,, Guys you played your hearts out and left it all on the field!!! That is what it is about!~Both teams had talent, but w/o Marco they would be nothing!!

To th seniors I have watched you grow up and know several of you personally and all i can say is it was one heck of a game!!! CONGRATS!!!! On a great season !!!!! You made the communtiy, parents and alumni very proud!! I am so PROUD of all you guys!! Keep your head up you have nothing to be ashmaed of!! I LOVE all of YOU!!!!

Good Luck to all the seniors Gaduation is just around the corner!! Enjoy the rest of you senior year and have a blast, these a definately the best days of your life!!!

Dude, you dont know what you are talking about.

Go back through every post, every thread that Chris Tuck has ever been apart of.

He has NEVER ran his mouth about anything. You are just blind man.

I run my mouth more than he ever has on here, and I barely get on.

Chris Tuck is an amazing player. Tuck, if you read this, just ignore crap like this. You have played your heart out. Thats all anybody can ask for. Minus some "trash talkers" like this guy, you have gained respect from ALOT of people man.

Hold your head high.

Edited by Jbs_all_the_way

Well I saw the come back coming. It was happening just like last year, only this time it was just a little too late. Just like some one posted earlier, I saw calls that could have gone either way. But hey, them's the breaks.

I want to say thanks to all of you - coaches, players, and anyone that puts in real time, money, and effort in to the Jo Byrns football program - for all you have done this year. That's a thanks not just for merely entertaining me for 10+ Friday nights of the year, but the sense of pride that ya'll bring to the community of "West" Robertson. From Adams to Cedar Hill, Keysburg to Stroudsville, Alumni and fromer player to the family that just moved here not too long ago, ya'll have put us on "the map" so to speak and represented us well, very well.

I didn't realize some of you players that start and really contribute were only juniors. Guys, you CAN get here again. And after 2 years of this, you know what it takes. So if you really want it, well... And for the guys that play center, guard, and tackle (sit in the center of the bench, guard the water, and tackle anyone that tries to take it) this is your time to step up. You're going to hear that all the way up to spring practice, so again, if you want it then now is the time to do something about it. And if you are on the team and you want to play a certain position, but someone else "has that spot", either train hard enough to take it or get good at the position you are assigned because playing football is a privilage. For some the chance to play may not come again so you better make the most of it while you can, regardless of what position you play.

Seniors, you are now members of a fraternity. Get the football patch on your letter jacket and wear it proudly. Get a JB sticker from coach and put it the back glass of your truck. Have fun the rest of your senior year. And most importantly (to me) , next fall come take your place at the table in the south endzone of The Dungeon with me. You will then understand why I come to the games and do what I do - and why ELEVEN YEARS after I played my last play I couldn't stand it and couldn't controll it and had to be with ya'll right there on the sideline last night.

Who knows, maybe in the not so distant future...Coach Shep??? We'll see!

tuck i agree 100%, he won the game for them last night, but hey ya'll had a great year keep ur head up!!!!

yes i agree it was a AWSOME game ..infact one of the best games i have see in a LONG time.......marco is indeed a very good player fot mtp...i watched him run with that lighting quick speed of his lol.. last night in that freezin weather..lol he does indeed have something specail...hats off to the red devils...they also have a very very good play maker colton morris #34..he ran strong all night..he also has something special..he is quick strong and determined.. and cograts to daily on his 5000 carrer yards..heck of a game....unfortantly a team had 2 go home but jo burns keep your head up you have nothing to be ashamed up.....and colton morris#34 :D you keep your head up son you are a very impressive football player and ran hard the whole game and gave it your all :thumb: .good luck to mt pleasent threw the rest of the lay offs B);)

That was a great game by both teams on both sides of the ball. It was the kind of game where both teams deserved to win. We definatly got our moneys worth with that one.

The atmoshpere at the Jungle is awesome, as it is at the Dungeon. That music rocked! Hopefully Eagleville can use the Dungeon and the Jungle as an example and get their place rocking as well! There was prety good representation from other region 5 folks, saw some from Cascade, Forrest and even White House Heritage.

Good luck Tigers and hope to see you in the 'Boro and hope you get the W!

It was great meeting some of you guys and seeing some of you again!

Edited by Predarat