Tullahoma to region 3 5A ?

Falconstatman

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure Tullahoma and LC wanted each other on their schedules for obviouse reasons............but ......I find it hard to believe that Tullahoma would move a home ( region ) game to an away game against Maplewood. Maplewood has a lot of talent coming back and Tullahoma will probably be down. Makes no sense.

I could be wrong on the scheduling but that is what the players were told. As for the 5A move; that was from the horses mouth. Which horse I won't say.

Gate receipts is the only advantage for Tullahoma going 5A. Year in and year out you probably will not face the caliber teams in 3-5A as they do in 5-4A. But it does not translate into any significant success. Facing Rutherford Co. in the first two rounds is no different than facing top team in 5-4A in second or third round.

Big wins on a consistant basis will never happen for anyone in 3-5A against the Rutherford Co. region. I want to emphasize 'consistant'. Could be an upset on occasion.

Also, it's not like the football program will benefit greatly from extra revenue, that money will go other places. Any program that has a strong booster club like Tullahoma usually gets tagged with carrying the burdon of financing basic needs and the extras that make a program first class.

Good luck with it.

Gate receipts is the only advantage for Tullahoma going 5A. Year in and year out you probably will not face the caliber teams in 3-5A as they do in 5-4A. But it does not translate into any significant success. Facing Rutherford Co. in the first two rounds is no different than facing top team in 5-4A in second or third round.

Big wins on a consistant basis will never happen for anyone in 3-5A against the Rutherford Co. region. I want to emphasize 'consistant'. Could be an upset on occasion.

Also, it's not like the football program will benefit greatly from extra revenue, that money will go other places. Any program that has a strong booster club like Tullahoma usually gets tagged with carrying the burdon of financing basic needs and the extras that make a program first class.

Good luck with it.

TY for the luck. Gate revenues probably played a great part in the decision. On years that Coffee County, Franklin County and Shelbyville play at THS in the same year; they have a profitable year. On the following year when these are away; they lose money. To play Lincoln County and other more "local" rivals at home on the "off" years would be a benifit.

Edited by THSOLDAD

Please define "lose money."

TY for the luck. Gate revenues probably played a great part in the decision. On years that Coffee County, Franklin County and Shelbyville play at THS in the same year; they have a profitable year. On the following year when these are away; they lose money. To play Lincoln County and other more "local" rivals at home on the "off" years would be a benifit.

Please define "lose money."

It does cost to "outfit" a player you know. Approx. $800 per player. Let's see now THS had approx. 80 players on the field; therefore that cost alone would be over $60,000. Then there is the upkeep of the field, cost of electricity, etc.. Yes the Support club does help out but you still need to have a good gate, which is split with the other sources. Most of the Nashville teams bring about 100-200 people to an away game like Tullahoma. I have seen this last year; less than 100 on the visiting side. However Coffee County and Franklin County games are standing room only. Shelbyville usually fills the visitor stands. If THS has an average of 1500 people in the "off" years; this is a gate of only around $53,000. I believe this might be a loss. The three games mentioned above bring in half again that much by themselves!

Not trying to get into an argument but it does not cost a program the same amount each year to outfit a player.........worn out equipment has to be replaced but not all equipment is replaced each year. I do see your point.

NP Just didn't understand why you needed loss defined.

Edited by THSOLDAD

Okay, you mean make "less" money with certain gates,

as opposed to gates with local teams. I wasn't sure

what you meant.

It does cost to "outfit" a player you know. Approx. $800 per player. Let's see now THS had approx. 80 players on the field; therefore that cost alone would be over $60,000. Then there is the upkeep of the field, cost of electricity, etc.. Yes the Support club does help out but you still need to have a good gate, which is split with the other sources. Most of the Nashville teams bring about 100-200 people to an away game like Tullahoma. I have seen this last year; less than 100 on the visiting side. However Coffee County and Franklin County games are standing room only. Shelbyville usually fills the visitor stands. If THS has an average of 1500 people in the "off" years; this is a gate of only around $53,000. I believe this might be a loss. The three games mentioned above bring in half again that much by themselves!