Hampton vs. Coalfield 2006 Edition

rSquared

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't believe how long this week has been! I'm so glad all the mud-slinging(or most of it anyway) seems to be done. Now lets focus on what looks like a FANTASTIC playoff game. I know Coalfield is at home, so advantage there. I know Hampton hasn't won a road playoff game, so disadvantage there. However, there is a vibe about this year's team I haven't felt before. They seem to have a confidence in their abilities and team that they haven't shown in years past. I know for a fact they show much more offensive ability than any other Hampton team I've EVER seen. To load up the line is VERY dangerous. Pull everyone up, they pass over it. Spread out to cover deep, they cram it down the throat. Their overall balance is so strong, it's amazing. And, let's not forget their defense. No one has been able to successfully run on them all year, and their pass defense has become a strength, instead of the liability is used to be. I expect a very tight, intense game tomorrow night, and I hope everyone behaves themselves. I know people want their own region reps to do well, but to have people on the visitors side to cheer for the home team is very risky. Let's just hope all the fighting is on the field, and that the winner comes out unscathed, because this could be the year an E. Tennessee team brings home a gold ball! :D

Well said '88. Hope the DogNation has a safe trip down tomorrow. Save me and the White Dog a spot on the fence hamptonbigdogs and where is behindthemdogs?