Giles County@David Lipscomb

coach5

Hey vandy1 shed some light quickly because this topic is getting ridiculous and out of control in a hurry.

A game between two 11-1 teams this time of the year is sure to be a classic :lol:

Giles will be playing the revenge factor and they'll also enter the contest knowing that they didn't have their starting QB the first time around when these two teams met.

Lipscomb enters the game knowing that they've been dominant and pretty much untested in two years in Region 5-3A. They also know that they have a powerful running game that put two backs over 100+ yards the first time that these two teams met.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey vandy1 shed some light quickly because this topic is getting ridiculous and out of control in a hurry.

A game between two 11-1 teams this time of the year is sure to be a classic :D

Giles will be playing the revenge factor and they'll also enter the contest knowing that they didn't have their starting QB the first time around when these two teams met.

Lipscomb enters the game knowing that they've been dominant and pretty much untested in two years in Region 5-3A. They also know that they have a powerful running game that put two backs over 100+ yards the first time that these two teams met.

What do you mean ridiculous and out of control? I find this information to be highly informational. I would like mustangfan to find out more history of the bagpipes. Meanwhile I think this game will be a mcclassic. Top o' the evenin to ya!!

As for the bagpipes, Coach McCadams' famous ancestors were twin brothers, Angus and Shamus McCadams. They were the cavalry platoon leaders who served as the right and left hand men of William Wallace in the famous battle at Old McDonalds farm.

One relevant question for all of the Lipscomb fans who will arrive late this week. When you get to the stadium after kickoff and try to work your way to the seat in the middle of the aisle, should you go down the row facing the field or facing the pressbox?

Though the preceding posts may be interesting, I hold the key to the true nature of the bagpipes. List now and join me on a mystical journey over the rainbow to find the pot o' gold...

Maybe current Senior Volunteer Double Secret Probation Pep Band leader, Josh McTumblin could handle this endeavor for Friday Night. Perhaps even the Unofficial Official David Lipscomb Mustang Football Website will change its name to The McMustangfanpage.com

Ahhh! Twas a glorious day whenst we bringst back the Bagpipes to their rightful place. Nothing makest me prouder then hearing the wail of humanity suffering comingst thru those glorious pipes!!!! Tis truly magic happenin when that piper is piping and the mcmustangs are preparingst for battle!!!! Long live the queen!!!

Ahhh! nothin makes me grin more than discussing kilt etiqutte. The real men wear their kilts bare. I believe the americans refer to it as free-ballin. anyway me hopes its not cold friday or the old man will be freezin his ars off under that skirt of his!!!

This place has a retro feel right now. I like it.

A game between two 11-1 teams this time of the year is sure to be a classic :lol:

Thank you Mr. McJackson for asking. If you are looking for a game to go to this Friday Night, this will be the one. Lipscomb officials are expecting a large contingency from Pulaski to make the trip to the Reese Smith Athletic Complex. Rumor has it that the Lipscomb Students are planning a large tailgate--but that it is Rumor. Rumor also has it that Chuck Ross will also be there early. Billy Davis has been fasting all week and should be ready to eat anything that comes his way.

The key once again is DEFENSE--who can stop or slow down the other team. Both teams will bring Hi-powered offensive machines. Giles County with Dunnavant and Edgmon present some real challenges for the Mustang Defense. Likewise, The Mustang offense has some weapons of their own. Bobcats will be looking to check Elrod, Holt, Moneypenny, and Davis.

The Final solution may come down to the Coaching Staff for each team: Who has their team better prepared and will be able to make the correct adjustments? For those who are making those bold predictions for either team...be prepared to eat some crow. This should be a great rematch and may not be decided until very late in the game.

lep5.jpg

Anybody who wears a kilt in the true fashion Friday Night, will get a free Grille Meister specially prepared McAngus Burger.

If you can't come to the game...you can listen to entire radio coverage live on the internet at The Mustangfanpage.

The Internet pregame show starts at 6:00 CST. Radio pregame show at 6:30 and kickoff at 7:00.

Edited by vandy1

I believe having Dunavant back at quarterback will make a big difference for GC. I didn't get to attend the last game between the two teams but I did listen to it and GC was able to move the ball against Lipscomb in that game and I believe they will be able to do so friday night. The win against the unbeaten SS team (who most people picked to beat GC) has given GC a big boost in confidence. I've always been told its hard to beat a team twice in the same year. GC will be ready for a hard fight friday and I think they will come out on top. No matter the outcome we are proud of our team and what they have accomplished this year.

GO BOBCATS!

Since there is no longer a marching band, perhaps when the bagpipes do play, maybe we should get someone to dress as a Leprechaun and dance a little jig. (Anti-dancing verbiage is no longer found in the Lipscomb Handbook) Also, maybe we should also officially bring back the Notre Dame Fight song, if we get ourselves a Leprechaun. If we are going to do all that, we might as well get us some guys to march around in Kilts...I think we still have some drummers on campus. I would suggest to enlist the help of these former players: Chris McBinkley, Anton McSantiago, Chris McMurphy, Burton McElrod, Jay McArney, Jacob McArthur, Ryan McBlankeship and perhaps others. These guys could still wear the kilts.

Maybe current Senior Volunteer Double Secret Probation Pep Band leader, Josh McTumblin could handle this endeavor for Friday Night. Perhaps even the Unofficial Official David Lipscomb Mustang Football Website will change its name to The McMustangfanpage.com

lep6.jpg