RIVERDALE vs. smyrna

SCN08FearTheSpear

Yes, it was a miracle how they ended up being the largest 4A school in the state. :rolleyes:

Actually, they may not be next classification cycle:

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/e2007...enrollments.htm

336 / 5 = 67.2 So - every 67 teams make a classification?

So does 1-67 make 1A, 68-134 2A, 135-201 3A, 202-268 4A, and 269-336 5A?

Maryville is at 281. Bigger than Gallatin and Ravenwood....

So 2009-2010 (or perhaps sooner) Maryville may become 5A???

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually, they may not be next classification cycle:

http://www.tssaa.org/Classifications/e2007...enrollments.htm

336 / 5 = 67.2 So - every 67 teams make a classification?

So does 1-67 make 1A, 68-134 2A, 135-201 3A, 202-268 4A, and 269-336 5A?

Maryville is at 281. Bigger than Gallatin and Ravenwood....

So 2009-2010 (or perhaps sooner) Maryville may become 5A???

c thats messed up they should be 5a

Please don't use that term without the expressed written consent of the lavergne

football team. That phrase was used so much last week I believe they have it copyrighted :D

Smyrna is playing better on defense and you can give credit to riverdale for that

Smyrna plays a completely different scheme with different players.

The offense was clearly carrying the team the 1st of the year and now the defense has really stepped up.

Sure would be great to see them both show up and get it done on the same night

The biggest key for Smyrna is to pick up some 1st downs and be able to run the ball in spots to keep Riverdales offense off the field. If you throw it 3 straight plays take 20 seconds off the clock and then give it right back to riverdale that is a recipe to get beat by 49 points.

You don't have to score every drive

I look for this to be a very hard fought tough game I know I may be one of the few but thats how I see it playing out.

Okay I am as big a fan of Smyrna as you are, but I have to disagree on what you believe Smyrna's Key is to this rematch. I believe that both teams are equally good, however everyone gives R'dale so much hype, which they deserve, but they have always been in the media, spotlight, public eye, etc, etc. R'dale is used to all of the talk and expectations, and publicity. I think that Smyrna's biggest "key" to even have a chance in this game is to ignore all the talk about this game, keep focused, pratice hard, and stop worrying, "Oh! We are playing Riverdale, oh crap what do we do?" And going out to a game and acting like 7 year olds playing pee-wee football for the first time against a team that, even thought I hate to say it, could more than likely beat the freakin' Titans! Smyrna's biggest hurdle they have that they need to learn how to cross is to not freak out when they show up to play Riverdale. I mean come on???? It's a freakin football game against a really good team. But Smyrna has played good teams before and have actually showed up on the field. If the Smyrna team that has been showing up the past 4 games shows up this Friday night then it will be a good game. BUT, if the Smyrna team that always shows up (for some reason) to Riverdale games shows up then it will be just as ugly as it was in week 8.

dude, shut up seriously....ya'll talked it all up for 8 weeks and when we played, ya'll showed ya'll have nothing on us....quit talking seriously....i'm tired of reading all this stuff about how smyrna's going to win because they're a better team blah blah....did you not see the first game?

what first game?.....please forget about that first game during the regular season it means NOTHING right now...if smyrna beats us on friday night they will play a home game on friday and we will be wondering what to do on a friday after thanksgiving you MUST remember the old cliche....everyone is 0-0 when the playoffs start and now we are all 2-0 so forget about the first game learn the adjustments they have made counter the adjustment and go win the game.

82cat what is the biggest defensive adjustment that you think has made the improvement...you shut out lavergne this time and last game tey scored 20 so what was the big key there and how do you see that benefitting yall on friday night

dude, shut up seriously....ya'll talked it all up for 8 weeks and when we played, ya'll showed ya'll have nothing on us....quit talking seriously....i'm tired of reading all this stuff about how smyrna's going to win because they're a better team blah blah....did you not see the first game?

I have to agree. Smyrna needs to take the same approach that Lavergne should take when playing Smyrna and that is don't say a thing before the game. There is nothing that can be said...history speaks for itself. If you actually get the win, then you can come on here and type 40 pages worth of stuff. But until then, seeing Smyrna talk stuff to Riverdale is pretty comical.

what first game?.....please forget about that first game during the regular season it means NOTHING right now...if smyrna beats us on friday night they will play a home game on friday and we will be wondering what to do on a friday after thanksgiving you MUST remember the old cliche....everyone is 0-0 when the playoffs start and now we are all 2-0 so forget about the first game learn the adjustments they have made counter the adjustment and go win the game.

82cat what is the biggest defensive adjustment that you think has made the improvement...you shut out lavergne this time and last game tey scored 20 so what was the big key there and how do you see that benefitting yall on friday night

Different alignment more 5 and 6 man fronts

bigger defensive lineman and adding one that has been injured all year into the mix as well as one who only played o line onto the defensive line. This alos gives some depth and allows players to rotate

overall I guess adding biggger more physical players

croach being back helps it allows rod to go back to safety ( if you remeber last game sonny played safety the whole game)

As I posted earlier the starting defense has only given up 1 td in the last 4 games

will that translate to riverdale? probably not because noe of those teams run the offense riverdale does witht he type players riverdalew has but it sure doesn't hurt.

I agree with folks about talking smack to riverdale becasue you look stupid but I don't agree that you shouldn't expect to win and post reasons why you think you can (I appreciate the question riverdale and glad to answer)

I also dis agree about the just another game strategy - smyrna always tries to approach the game that way and last game came out abolutely flat trying to act like the were playing columbia or somebody. Well I can tell you riverdale does not play this like just another game I have been on their sideline and they treat it like a chamionship game.

No smyrna needs to come out with all the emotion they can muster and play this game for exactly what it is and that is it is the biggest game in Smyrna history.

because I believe who ever wins this game has an excellent chance to win it all.

Riverdaleman after reading your post you may be the only person in the whole world that has an ounce of worry over this game? You must feel like the trainer in the rocky 1 movie watching rocky hitting the slabs of meat while appollo negotiated the gate money :thumb: ( not that riverdale is not working hard but you know it has got to be difficult to make them believe it won't be the same this week.)

:thumb:

Okay I have heard enough. I have tried to remain silent, but it is time to take the lid off. I am the first to recognize that Riverdale put a whupping on us this season, but it is over! Smyrna will redeem itself this Friday night. Sonny, Wilks (aka "Playmaker), will have a field day with that secondary. Bulldog fans will take Tomahawk Stadium, and we will be dancing on the R after the game.

I am a coach from riverdale but like to act like a smyrna poster

Okay I have heard enough. I have tried to remain silent, but it is time to take the lid off. I am the first to recognize that Riverdale put a whupping on us this season, but it is over! Smyrna will redeem itself this Friday night. Sonny, Wilks (aka "Playmaker), will have a field day with that secondary. Bulldog fans will take Tomahawk Stadium, and we will be dancing on the R after the game.

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT A SMYRNA POSTER AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT

but I don't know if that might not need to be the way smyrna approaches this game because that is certainly how riverdale does

Edited by 82cat

ONCE AGAIN THIS IS NOT A SMYRNA POSTER AND EVERYONE KNOWS IT

but I don't know if that might not need to be the way smyrna approaches this game because that is certainly how riverdale does

Old man you must be crazy, or been hit in the head like Rocky. I am a bulldog fan through and through. I believe Smyrna will win for the following reasons.

1. Were embarassed in the 1st game.....Smyrna Pride

2. Actually have better skilled people than Riverdale.

3. Riverdale is looking ahead.....does Oak Ridge in 2005 sound familiar?

I have to agree. Smyrna needs to take the same approach that Lavergne should take when playing Smyrna and that is don't say a thing before the game. There is nothing that can be said...history speaks for itself. If you actually get the win, then you can come on here and type 40 pages worth of stuff. But until then, seeing Smyrna talk stuff to Riverdale is pretty comical.

All I can say is that both teams must be good to be in the 3rd round. I am not taking anything away from Riverdale, but I do believe my dogz will win.

Wow, this sounds alot like Oak Ridge last year, picking these high scores and talking about Ooltewah. Except last year, they were talking about what they were gonna wear in the state championship game. Go ahead Riverdale, look past somebody and see where you end up. Smyrna has become a better football team since week 8, if Riverdale does not get serious about this game, they will lose. Go ahead and ask Sonny and the crew if you don't believe me. Ask Dobyns- Bennett, Franklin, and Gallatin what happens if you look past somebody.

Are they 49 points better?