RIVERDALE vs. smyrna

SCN08FearTheSpear

Well, I am not from riverdale, or smyrna, but it is obvious, that the best team on last Friday night was Smyrna, and that is why they play the game, to see who is the best on that given night, had RIverdale been then they would still be practicing recknso?

Riverdale almost won everywhere but the scoreboard. The goalline stand at the end of the first half was huge for Smyrna. The stop on 3rd and short towards the end of the game forcing the field goal attempt was big as well.

The funny thing about the game is the stats were similar to the first meeting.

Which game was 49-0 and which one was 9-7:

Game 1

First Downs

Riverdale 23, Smyrna 6

Rushing

Riverdale 54-508

Smyrna 28-87

Passing

Riverdale 0-0-0

Smyrna 4-10-30

Game 2

First Downs

Riverdale 16, Smyrna 8

Rushing

Riverdale 60-268

Smyrna 27-99

Passing

Riverdale 1-2-36

Smyrna 3-8-92

Smyrna had 38 plays for 117 yards in one game

The Bulldogs had 35 plays for 191 yards in another game.

Take away one 60 yard pass and that number gets down

to 131...

But that is why they play the game. The only numbers

that count are the ones under the words Visitor and Home....

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Riverdale almost won everywhere but the scoreboard. The goalline stand at the end of the first half was huge for Smyrna. The stop on 3rd and short towards the end of the game forcing the field goal attempt was big as well.

Game 1

First Downs

Riverdale 23, Smyrna 6

Rushing

Riverdale 54-508

Smyrna 28-87

Passing

Riverdale 0-0-0

Smyrna 4-10-30

Game 2

First Downs

Riverdale 16, Smyrna 8

Rushing

Riverdale 60-268

Smyrna 27-99

Passing

Riverdale 1-2-36

Smyrna 3-8-92

to 131...

the one problem with stats is points are not given for stats, that 60 yard pass can not be taken away and it remains 9-7.

Game 1

First Downs

Riverdale 23, Smyrna 6

Rushing

Riverdale 54-508

Smyrna 28-87

Passing

Riverdale 0-0-0

Smyrna 4-10-30

Game 2

First Downs

Riverdale 16, Smyrna 8

Rushing

Riverdale 60-268

Smyrna 27-99

Passing

Riverdale 1-2-36

Smyrna 3-8-92

to 131...

the one problem with stats is points are not given for stats, that 60 yard pass can not be taken away and it remains 9-7.

You are correct and I think that's what he said. I know the home/visitor thing was kinda subtle. :rolleyes:

Again, congrats to Smyrna. Looks like beautiful weather for the semi-final game coming up. Enjoy this week and play great Friday night--you earned it.

We finish next year with Smyrna and Lavergne on the road. I like next year's schedule as it should keep the Warriors playing at a high level through game 10. That week 9 game against Smyrna should be a good one and I bet everyone keeps that one in perspective.

One last time: I hate rematches!!!

Go Warriors!!!!

You are correct and I think that's what he said. I know the home/visitor thing was kinda subtle. :)

Again, congrats to Smyrna. Looks like beautiful weather for the semi-final game coming up. Enjoy this week and play great Friday night--you earned it.

We finish next year with Smyrna and Lavergne on the road. I like next year's schedule as it should keep the Warriors playing at a high level through game 10. That week 9 game against Smyrna should be a good one and I bet everyone keeps that one in perspective.

One last time: I hate rematches!!!

Go Warriors!!!!

It was kind of like a baseball game where one team has 12 hits and leaves 14 on base and the other team has one inning where they hit a double off the wall and a flair to left so the line score would be something like:

Visitor 1- 2-0

Home 0-12-0

The first column is all the matters :rolleyes:

Game 1

First Downs

Riverdale 23, Smyrna 6

Rushing

Riverdale 54-508

Smyrna 28-87

Passing

Riverdale 0-0-0

Smyrna 4-10-30

Game 2

First Downs

Riverdale 16, Smyrna 8

Rushing

Riverdale 60-268

Smyrna 27-99

Passing

Riverdale 1-2-36

Smyrna 3-8-92

to 131...

stats dont lie if we didnt get the big head and didnt miss oppertunities i would be at practic

stats dont lie if we didnt get the big head and didnt miss oppertunities i would be at practic

Looking forward to seeing you play twice in December next year. You guys did great this year and should be proud of your accomplishments. I know it's tough right now but spring is just around the corner. Get healed up and have a great winter.

What a fluke win for Smyrna..........it was more of 'Riverdale loosing' than Smyrna winning.

I guess now Smyrna will put out a DVD............Shame that the best team will not represent Rutherfoed Co. this Friday against the best 5-A team from the east.

It's a shame that Riverdale didn't win, or else they would be the best team to represent the east. Riverdale lost; get over it.

Edited by JGera

Oh yeah, BIG Smyrna Fan... oh yeah DAvid is a GREAT guy...... BULL..... what a jerk.

Well, this JERK was at Smyrna again tonight. Having a great chat with my principal, Mr. Raikes, and my favorite vice-principal, Mr. Miller. I was there to make sure the new mixer was wired right in the gym for basketball and for the football game Friday night. And I wore my Riverdale jacket there with pride. And gave Jeff the money to buy the wings for the pressbox for Friday to cover my wager. He is off Friday and I have to work so it is easier for him to get to Slick Pig on the way to the game...

On hindsight, I think I am not going to be accepting that apology after all. The more I think about it, the more I think YOU have lost the privilege of speaking with me or getting any help from me.... Please consider yourself IGNORED by me, beginning about now.... Besides, you have known me for years and don't like me anyway so it won't be any loss to you... :thumb:

Edited by davidlimbaugh