RIVERDALE vs. smyrna

SCN08FearTheSpear

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we know what its supposed to be for sure? That is also a good way to get attendance back up for the "Battle of the Boro"

Yes, it is for sure that we open with yall. Well, actually it was supposed to be during Fall Break week 7 which makes it now in week 0. Our 3 non-region games are with Franklin Cty, Coffee County, and Clarksville I believe. They worked them out when they had the All Region voting. It was like 2 weeks ago, I think? Not sure what the rest of our schedule looks like. It might be on yall's site by now/

How do you know that? Are the schedules already out? I want to know who we play and when. I am already ready for next year... :thumb:

One of Oakland's players told me. I assume the coaches told him? I know about us playing CC b/c a CC poster told me about it. I know about FC b/c a FC poster told me. Not sure where we can find the new schedules.

Is Thomas leaving Lavergne? I am seeing his name coming up for the Marshall Cty job a LOT. Or is he pulling a Rankin for more pay? hahahah

One of Oakland's players told me. I assume the coaches told him? I know about us playing CC b/c a CC poster told me about it. I know about FC b/c a FC poster told me. Not sure where we can find the new schedules.

Is Thomas leaving Lavergne? I am seeing his name coming up for the Marshall Cty job a LOT. Or is he pulling a Rankin for more pay? hahahah

Haha, if I knew I would tell ya. I'm sure some things are going to shake up over the offseason, as they usually always do around the region.

I think 82cat knows as much or more than you do about the ins and outs of high school football .... he just does not have the "SID" title :D

I have been at every Smyrna baseball, football and basketball game for 8plus years and the only time I have seen you is when we play Riverdale, so PLEASE enlighten us Smyrna fans as to exactly what you have done for Smyrna athletics!

Obviously YOU and 82Cat don't have a clue! Ask YOUR PA guy and YOUR Baseball coach how much I have helped in the past 14 years... I have probably been to more Smyrna baseball chili suppers than ya have - LOL!!!! Do either of ya have a plaque hanging on your wall from Rabbit Victory for all the help YA gave him for Smyrna summer baseball? I do :thumb:

Edited by davidlimbaugh

yea your mister do it all

I don't know what we do without you

As I said your post certainly show you are no friend of Smyrna so don't worry about what Smyrna does or doesn't do because it will be about the smyrna team and their supporters of which you are not one no matter how much you try to spin it.

I know you like definitions so here is one

pompous - adjective

self important, having an inflated sense of self importance usually displayed through exaggerated seriousness or stateliness in speech or manner

say what you want but I have seen you take shots at smyrna all yr and that is fine we all do it to a degree but after your posting last yr what a neutral party you are is well just not true

So I guess this means I can go ahead and take back my laptop I let ya borrow from me so Jeff can play music at your football games and basketball games now?

And you seem to confuse poking fun with being pompous....

And I guess ya missed me at all the Smyrna football games and baseball games and basketball games I have been at when Riverdale hasn't been playing over the years???? I was there when the girls lost their last game last year.

I am a Riverdale supporter because I had three children go through school there. I am a Smyrna supporter because I graduated there. I don't have a clue why I have helped Blackman and siegel and Oakland over the years. Maybe because I just like helping kids have fun. After all, that is what it is all about. The Kids....

Edited by davidlimbaugh

So I guess this means I can go ahead and take back my laptop I let ya borrow from me so Jeff can play music at your football games and basketball games now?

And you seem to confuse poking fun with being pompous....

And I guess ya missed me at all the Smyrna football games and baseball games and basketball games I have been at when Riverdale hasn't been playing over the years???? I was there when the girls lost their last game last year.

I am a Riverdale supporter because I had three children go through school there. I am a Smyrna supporter because I graduated there. I don't have a clue why I have helped Blackman and siegel and Oakland over the years. Maybe because I just like helping kids have fun. After all, that is what it is all about. The Kids....

David it is amazing how many of us that went to Smyrna made the move OUT of Smyrna years ago so 'our' children could go to schools in Murfreesboro. So far as I know there is you and me so thats two for sure.

I truly hope Smyrna enjoys its victory because they deserved it, but there is only so much 'crow' I am willing to swallow. Now quail is a different story all together. :thumb:

We get many more folks moving in here and I will be looking for room to breath somewhere else. There are 5 MORE subdivisions on land I hunted Quail on not 4 years ago. :thumb:

Anybody know where a man can find some birds to hunt anymore? Seems I have the time to hunt again as there isn't any more football for me to watch this year except on TV. :lol:

David it is amazing how many of us that went to Smyrna made the move OUT of Smyrna years ago so 'our' children could go to schools in Murfreesboro. So far as I know there is you and me so thats two for sure.

I truly hope Smyrna enjoys its victory because they deserved it, but there is only so much 'crow' I am willing to swallow. Now quail is a different story all together. :thumb:

We get many more folks moving in here and I will be looking for room to breath somewhere else. There are 5 MORE subdivisions on land I hunted Quail on not 4 years ago. :thumb:

Anybody know where a man can find some birds to hunt anymore? Seems I have the time to hunt again as there isn't any more football for me to watch this year except on TV. :lol:

LOD - I left Smyrna and Middle Tennessee years ago because of work. The reason I came back to Middle Tennessee was because my ex-wife became ill and I came back to raise the kids close to their mom and her family and mine. I would have loved to move back to Smyrna and my kids become Bulldogs but my ex-wife became a patient at the county nursing home and her family lived in Murfreesboro as did mine so I added 20 minutes to my commute by buying a house on Warrior Drive instead of off of Almaville Drive so the kids could be close to their mom...

Over the years I have grown to love the good folks at Riverdale... Good people.

But leaving Smyrna wasn't an effort to 'leave' Smyrna. I still say hi! to Mr Raikes and Mr Miller whenever I see them! My involvement with Riverdale gives me fewer times to do that....

And come on up to Smyrna Friday night. I have to finish paying off my annual little wager with my Smyrna buddy (first time I have had to pay off in the history of the free world - lol) by delivering some wings to the pressbox Friday night. Should be a fun game to watch!

Edited by davidlimbaugh