RIVERDALE vs. smyrna

SCN08FearTheSpear

Wow, this sounds alot like Oak Ridge last year, picking these high scores and talking about Ooltewah. Except last year, they were talking about what they were gonna wear in the state championship game. Go ahead Riverdale], look past somebody and see where you end up. Smyrna has become a better football team since week 8, if Riverdale does not get serious about this game, they will lose. Go ahead and ask Sonny and the crew if you don't believe me. Ask Dobyns- Bennett, Franklin, and Gallatin what happens if you look past somebody.

The only person I've seen on this thread mention Ooltewah was you and an Owl fan. Could be that I mssed it. BTW, I think Farragut wins that quarterfinal game.

Your point is well taken though...and I agree Smyrna has been very good since we last played them and are fully capable of beating Riverdale. We should approach this one as a 3rd round playoff game against one of the best teams in the state. That's exactly what it is.

Smyrna's won four straight and is on a roll.

I hate rematches.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only person I've seen on this thread mention Ooltewah was you and an Owl fan. Could be that I mssed it. BTW, I think Farragut wins that quarterfinal game.

Your point is well taken though...and I agree Smyrna has been very good since we last played them and are fully capable of beating Riverdale. We should approach this one as a 3rd round playoff game against one of the best teams in the state. That's exactly what it is.

Smyrna's won four straight and is on a roll.

I hate rematches.

Please don't use that term without the expressed written consent of the lavergne

football team. That phrase was used so much last week I believe they have it copyrighted :blink:

Smyrna is playing better on defense and you can give credit to riverdale for that

Smyrna plays a completely different scheme with different players.

The offense was clearly carrying the team the 1st of the year and now the defense has really stepped up.

Sure would be great to see them both show up and get it done on the same night

The biggest key for Smyrna is to pick up some 1st downs and be able to run the ball in spots to keep Riverdales offense off the field. If you throw it 3 straight plays take 20 seconds off the clock and then give it right back to riverdale that is a recipe to get beat by 49 points.

You don't have to score every drive

I look for this to be a very hard fought tough game I know I may be one of the few but thats how I see it playing out.

Another eeeeeeeeasy playoff game for Riverdale. I wish they actually had to play somebody before Ooltewah.

:huh: wow if this is how the rest of ooltewah fans and players are acting then u wont make it to the semis

Man i wish maryville would move up to 5A and play riverdale everyyear

now that would be a gmae to watch

yea wish we could next year cause i will be a senior and after that iverdale might have some ??? but that would be ok since we have only been dominating for 15 years :thumb:

They don't want to move up, wait and see they will do whatever it takes to stay in 4A. :thumb:

You know you probably are very correct, I just get tired of seeing the threads on Coach T by some of their "fans" saying that no one in the state could beat them in any classisification.

Well, move up then, if you do it then I will congradulate you, but until they do then a lot of people will just automaticly assume that the 5A champion is the best in the state because of the bigger size of the schools. :lol: