All the way to state 1A

getrdone

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Totally disagree, I think temple has to many Great weapon's for FC. you think Seth will beat you? then that big fullback does or joey skogen, or that QB. this is a team of destiny i truley believe.. and they have the coach of the year in 1A no Doubt. I mean you score and finally can tie and go into overtime right? how many coach's would have that much confidence in your team to go for a 2point conversion and the win ?

Or how little faith in your defense ability to stop them in overtime or that your kicker could even send it to OT?

well Temple did.. Great team's find a way to win!!!

Agreed, kinda like FC trailing for 3 quarters 11 minutes and 40 seconds only to find a way to beat their arch rival for the second time in a year on 2nd and goal from the eight with 18 secs.

By the way Geno, what would you know about great teams? Your the same guy that said on these very message boards that your beloved S. Pitt needed to move to 2A to get any competition. Your also the guy that said S. Pitt would kill TEMPLE. WRONG on the first, Wrong on the 2nd, we'll see about the third! :huh:

As for coach of the year, my vote goes to John McNeal from FC who has perservered thru approximately 20 years at FC trying to build a program with young men who win on the field as well as off. In the late eighties having to compete against G-ville's tradition and the emergence of a young Clint Satterfield at TC. Then in the 90's being moved into a Region with Ezell, DCA, CPA just as they each reached prominence in 1A and then moved back later to face G-ville and TC last year. Great Job MC!! :thumb:

Edited by 1A FAN

Agreed, kinda like FC trailing for 3 quarters 11 minutes and 40 seconds only to find a way to beat their arch rival for the second time in a year on 2nd and goal from the eight with 18 secs.

By the way Geno, what would you know about great teams? Your the same guy that said on these very message boards that your beloved S. Pitt needed to move to 2A to get any competition. Your also the guy that said S. Pitt would kill TEMPLE. WRONG on the first, Wrong on the 2nd, we'll see about the third! :thumb:

As for coach of the year, my vote goes to John McNeal from FC who has perservered thru approximately 20 years at FC trying to build a program with young men who win on the field as well as off. In the late eighties having to compete against G-ville's tradition and the emergence of a young Clint Satterfield at TC. Then in the 90's being moved into a Region with Ezell, DCA, CPA just as they each reached prominence in 1A and then moved back later to face G-ville and TC last year. Great Job MC!! :lol:

Best thing McNeal did was not allow "The Big Head" of being ranked #1 get in the way. That, compadre, is no easy task.

In some cases it can allow for the opposing team to be intimidated, but for many it is only an opportunity to make a gigantic statement/memory for your team.

I Totally disagree, I think temple has to many Great weapon's for FC. you think Seth will beat you? then that big fullback does or joey skogen, or that QB. this is a team of destiny i truley believe.. and they have the coach of the year in 1A no Doubt. I mean you score and finally can tie and go into overtime right? how many coach's would have that much confidence in your team to go for a 2point conversion and the win ? well Temple did.. Great team's find a way to win!!!

Truth is, Temple has struggled all season on the extra points. It is very frustrating. When it came down to the end, Temple had not proven they could kick an extra point or get a conversion. So, if you can't do either you might as well go for the win rather then being put in a situation in overtime where you had to do all over again what you had not proven you could do. Thanks for the positive remarks.

I was actually thinking during the game that if SP had Trousdale's line, SP would have been absolutely unstoppable. I can definitely see SP and Trousdale slugging it out next year in the third round.

I believe Friendship goes all the way now since Trousdale Co. lost to Temple. :o

It sounds like you think that Temple is not a threat to your goal of winning the State. How is it that you have no respect (or fear) for the team that scored 32 points against a defense that you only scored 14 against?

You are in for a big surprise if you think that you will have an easy road now that Trousdale is out of the picture. You still have to get through Temple and I can assure you that task is going to be a little more difficult than you seem to be thinking.

Temple did not play their A+ game and I can assure you that if they bring their A+ game this Friday night, you will be driving home after the game trying to figure out what just happened, and all your championship dreams in a cardboard box ready for storage until next year's season.

Gut Wrench Gary thinks that his Commanders will go all the way. Gut Wrench Gary thinks that his Commanders will whip Temple on the line of scrimmage this week. Gut Wrench Gary says his Commanders have two great backs. Trousdale had a good line, but FCS has much better backs that TC. Gut Wrench Gary says Temple has a weak line and thats where FCS will dominate them.

It sounds like you think that Temple is not a threat to your goal of winning the State. How is it that you have no respect (or fear) for the team that scored 32 points against a defense that you only scored 14 against?

You are in for a big surprise if you think that you will have an easy road now that Trousdale is out of the picture. You still have to get through Temple and I can assure you that task is going to be a little more difficult than you seem to be thinking.

Temple did not play their A+ game and I can assure you that if they bring their A+ game this Friday night, you will be driving home after the game trying to figure out what just happened, and all your championship dreams in a cardboard box ready for storage until next year's season.

sorry but you do not seem to understand the rivalry between TC and FCS. i dont care who has a down year, whenever those two teams play, it's going to be close. it's just like alabama and UT. the game is always going to be close.

we dont think that we're going to roll over temple. we know that we're going to have to play hard and our boys never think they have a game won. unless of couse they're playing mjca or red boilings.

and you said that temple scored 33 pts on a team we only scored 14 on... i'm assuming you werent at the game b/c at half time it should have been 28-0. we fumbled on the 1 yd line. oh, and also. TC scored 32 pts on you.... so what exactly is your point? we held them to seven pts which came towards the end. you're not intimidating anyone.

sorry but you do not seem to understand the rivalry between TC and FCS. i dont care who has a down year, whenever those two teams play, it's going to be close. it's just like alabama and UT. the game is always going to be close.

we dont think that we're going to roll over temple. we know that we're going to have to play hard and our boys never think they have a game won. unless of couse they're playing mjca or red boilings.

and you said that temple scored 33 pts on a team we only scored 14 on... i'm assuming you werent at the game b/c at half time it should have been 28-0. we fumbled on the 1 yd line. oh, and also. TC scored 32 pts on you.... so what exactly is your point? we held them to seven pts which came towards the end. you're not intimidating anyone.

TC vs. FC is nowhere near UT vs. UA. :rolleyes: Historically, TC would mop the field with FC. The past few years, however, FC has come on strong and had really good teams, and I really do believe they're here to stay. But until FC gets a few gold balls under their belt (no pun intended :( ), they're not among the state's "elite" 1A programs.

TC vs. FC is nowhere near UT vs. UA. :rolleyes: Historically, TC would mop the field with FC. The past few years, however, FC has come on strong and had really good teams, and I really do believe they're here to stay. But until FC gets a few gold balls under their belt (no pun intended :( ), they're not among the state's "elite" 1A programs.

Gut Wrench Gary says that FCS is an elite team. Gut Wrench Gary says he will have his Commanders ready this week.

TC vs. FC is nowhere near UT vs. UA. :D Historically, TC would mop the field with FC. The past few years, however, FC has come on strong and had really good teams, and I really do believe they're here to stay. But until FC gets a few gold balls under their belt (no pun intended B) ), they're not among the state's "elite" 1A programs.

Right on target B)