Wooddale vs. White Station

wshsis#1

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very tough game to call. IF one assumes that both teams are playing at full speed ( WSHS has several injured players ) then it comes down to special teams play, and /or turnovers.

Wow, what an insightful comment I just made. Anyway, this is so close to call that I say it is a repeat of the regular season game. Spartans over the Cards 21 to 20.

And to whoever wins, good luck in the semi final game.

Good luck to both teams....as I am not a player or coach, I can look ahead and say that Ravenwood parents are looking forward to coming over from Brentwood and visiting Memphis (my hometown) for some ribs and good HS football. We really thought Ridgeway was the real deal after meeting them here last year. I guess one of you two will have to be the West Tennessee sacrifice this year. :D

Good luck to both teams....as I am not a player or coach, I can look ahead and say that Ravenwood parents are looking forward to coming over from Brentwood and visiting Memphis (my hometown) for some ribs and good HS football. We really thought Ridgeway was the real deal after meeting them here last year. I guess one of you two will have to be the West Tennessee sacrifice this year. :D

Ridgeway is the Real Deal,as far as sacrifice(I think you was joking)both of these teams are very good teams,with great offenses and good defenses.I would give the edge to White Station on special teams(kinda funny coming from Ridgeway fan after last week).But I think this game comes down to coaching and big edge goes to White Station.JMO

Region 7 & 8 is tough! You guys play each other tooth and nail. After seeing Ridgeway play last year I thought they would be back again this year playing in the semifinals at least, if not the finals. I guess that’s why they line ‘em up on Friday nights and play all thirty-six minutes but, enough about that. From what I’ve been reading this looks like one heck of a ball game. It’s hard to play a team twice in a matter of weeks and come out the victor in both games although it can be done, I saw it happen twice last year. With both teams so evenly matched I think the emotional aspect of the game will play a big part in this game. Wooddale has the momentum and the emotion coming into this game after beating Ridgeway to make it another very close game. White Station on the other hand has the find away to win attitude that wins ballgames. White Station over Woodale.

Region 7 & 8 is tough! You guys play each other tooth and nail. After seeing Ridgeway play last year I thought they would be back again this year playing in the semifinals at least, if not the finals. I guess that’s why they line ‘em up on Friday nights and play all thirty-six minutes but, enough about that. From what I’ve been reading this looks like one heck of a ball game. It’s hard to play a team twice in a matter of weeks and come out the victor in both games although it can be done, I saw it happen twice last year. With both teams so evenly matched I think the emotional aspect of the game will play a big part in this game. Wooddale has the momentum and the emotion coming into this game after beating Ridgeway to make it another very close game. White Station on the other hand has the find away to win attitude that wins ballgames. White Station over Woodale.

forty eight :(

I think it is a shame that a game,thats going to be this good is not being talked about.Come on Wooddale and White Station fans.

RhsBooster,

While this rematch has a whole lot more at stake than the original meeting between these two teams, the idea of a rematch just doesn't conjure up much excitement, for ME anyway....maybe that's why there isn't much chatter.

I'm just guessing.... It's a bit more perplexing as to why the full-bloodied Woodale and WS fans are not more excited!

Look, I think this is probably going to be a darn good football game. There just isn't much intrigue; it surely does not FEEL like a playoff game! You know, it's kinda like....been there, done that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, I'm still wrestling between going to this game or traveling up to the Fairley vs Henry County game....I'm kinda' leaning towards the latter.

Edited by TraderB

I think it is a shame that a game,thats going to be this good is not being talked about.Come on Wooddale and White Station fans.

Yeah! It's hard to find any good discussion here on these two teams. You would think some football discussion would come out.

I’ve looked on the Global Satellite for White Station field. I didn’t see a football stadium. Where is this game being played?

Yeah! It's hard to find any good discussion here on these two teams. You would think some football discussion would come out.

I’ve looked on the Global Satellite for White Station field. I didn’t see a football stadium. Where is this game being played?

White Station is like many Memphis City schools,they do not have a stadium of their own,the game is going to played at the Fairgrounds(close to the Liberty Bowl)

RhsBooster,

While this rematch has a whole lot more at stake than the original meeting between these two teams, the idea of a rematch just doesn't conjure up much excitement, for ME anyway....maybe that's why there isn't much chatter.

I'm just guessing.... It's a bit more perplexing as to why the full-bloodied Woodale and WS fans are not more excited!

Look, I think this is probably going to be a darn good football game. There just isn't much intrigue; it surely does not FEEL like a playoff game! You know, it's kinda like....been there, done that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As for me, I'm still wrestling between going to this game or traveling up to the Fairley vs Henry County game....I'm kinda' leaning towards the latter.

I thought about the Fairley-Henry County game but have to work Saturday,so will go see White Station-Wooddale game