Top Clubs Teams in TN

BRSoccer

Thanks for the info.

I record our teams results and have always done it acurately. I have recorded some friendlies, but usually only with the better out of state teams and only with teams in our age group. You are correct about the State Cup Result. A top 4 finish adds instant credibility to your team. Tournaments always like to be able to say they have State Cup placeing teams attending.

Do you coach boys or girls?

I coach both. I just started coaching girls last year and enjoyed it quite a bit. I usually pick up teams around u-13 and coach them for two years. This spring I will be coaching a u-17 girls team. They are division 2 and really just play for fun. I had to tone it down a bit going from boys to girls. What I liked the most was their spirit, plus thay ask a lot of questions. I guess the hardest part about coaching girls at that age is finding out of state tournaments. Most surrounding states play in the spring as I learned last year. The other would be working around holidays, proms, and spring break.

We will start practice after Thanksgiving since most of them just finished high school. We are looking to go up to Ohio for the showcase, Emerald coast cup in Destin, and a couple of local tournaments. There were only four D-2 teams last year, but I don't think we are dedicated enough to move up to D-1.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Our team is U-17 D1, but we also have a U-17 D2 team. Is local for you Middle Tennessee? I could hook you up w/ our D2 manager for friendly if you wish, and maybe our D1 team also if scheduling permits.

We will only play 2 local tournaments this season. Memphis has a couple of pretty good showcases. One at the end of Feb and 1 in March that your team could probably get in. We are alsoo going to an Ohio showcase, either the blue chip in Cinn. or the Crossroads in Carmel, IN. Depends on if we can get accepted.

Our team is U-17 D1, but we also have a U-17 D2 team. Is local for you Middle Tennessee? I could hook you up w/ our D2 manager for friendly if you wish, and maybe our D1 team also if scheduling permits.

We will only play 2 local tournaments this season. Memphis has a couple of pretty good showcases. One at the end of Feb and 1 in March that your team could probably get in. We are alsoo going to an Ohio showcase, either the blue chip in Cinn. or the Crossroads in Carmel, IN. Depends on if we can get accepted.

We are from Knoxville. The Cinci one at the end of Feb. is what I am hoping for. Not sure if the parents or kids would want to go. Even so I don't know if we would get accepted so I am looking for a back up. Memphis seems so far away, that drive from Nashville to Memphis is so boring. We might make a trip to Nashville this year for a tournament. I really wish I could take them to Alabama, besides the Vulcan Cup. It's one state we can compete with their D-1 teams. We played a couple from TN last year, but the big 4 are out of our league.

Vulcan Cup stops at U-16 for girls and Alabama girls play High School in the spring, so does Georgia. If you want to have me put you in touch w/ our D2 manager, he can probably line up a couple of friendly games in Nashville.

Thanks about the D-2 team, I'll let you know. South Carolina and Georgia are the same way. Ohio and Kentucky are about the only places we can go out of state.

Are you all doing any of the winter showcases coming up?

Yes we're playing the GIT and another showcase in Memphis at the end of February. Couldn't get the parents to go for Raliegh or Disney.

Just trying to play friendlies and line up games with college teams. NAIA schools can play about as much as they want (and a bunch of them in TN are very good, Martin Methodist in Pulaski is the defending National Champion) but NCAA teams are very limited in how many full sided scrimmages they can have. Several colleges have 7v7 tournaments, mostly in spring and a few have indoor/futsal tournaments during the winter.

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting - the U-16 looks correct in the top 4 also.

1. Stones River Lady Strikers

2. TNFC 91 Blue

3. Lady Lobos 91

4. ERSA Express 91

First time for me to see that particular website www.soccerincollege.com

The December GIT in Memphis will be the first Tounament where all these teams will be partisipating in. Will be interesting to see if they even get to play each other, depends on the brackets. Lots of good team there.

I know TNFC has added some players that should help them. Strikers I believe will have a new goalie and Arielle has moved to Florida but will remain on the roster and play at tournaments is my understanding.

Unfortunately for ERSA '91 they will face none of the TN teams ranked ahead of them.

SRFC & TNFC are in the Gold division

Lobos are in the Silver division

ERSA are in the Bronze division (brackets set before ERSA '91 won CASL college showcase)

Edited by chasanooga

The GIT selection system is a wonder. They say that they use the soccerincollege rankings, yet if you look at the divisions there are teams ranked in the 300s nationally that are in the gold and silver and teams ranked much higher, in much lower divisions. The upside is that there is good competition in all of the divisions.

Atleast they are supporting TN teams this year. In the past when there were only two divisions you would only see one or two TN teams in the tournament, now you have four or five. They do like to mix the states in all their brackets which is another thing I like. As you said all divisions should be good competition.

Bring plenty of cold and wet weather gear for the trip. Last year we went from 60 degrees on Saturday to 30 degrees on Sunday, but atleast it didn't rain.

Good luck and let me know how it goes.

Edited by Soccer Gypsy

Soccer Gypsy you are correct. They are supporting the TN teams this year. Last year we were not accepted, they took 2 teams from TN, yet they took 6 teams from KY. I was astounded. The level of play in our age group in KY is not very good. There are 2 good teams Javanon and Lexington Futbol Club, after that it is a huge drop-off.

But, as I said...it's nice to be in the upper groups, but our Bronze group has 4 state semi-finalists in it, so it should be good. That's what really counts at this time of the year. Is getting good games. Our team represents about 10 different High Schools, so it takes a while to get them all on the same page.

The weather in Memphis this time of year is very unpredictable. I just take everything...wet weather, cold weather...lots of layering stuff...probably no shorts though for me...LOL.