Top Clubs Teams in TN

BRSoccer

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who are the top five girls club teams from u-15 to u-18? Any Thoughts?

All I know is that the u-16 stones river strikers are phenomonal. They are five time back to back state champions. Probably going to get there sixth this season. Plus have finished around 3rd in regionals each year, losing to eventual winners, such as: houston, texas.(not the same team each time i dont think

) These girls are fun to watch. If you want to see how soccer is really supposed to be played, come watch these girls.

The website www.soccerincollege.com is questionable in their rankings (they have several teams ranked that do not even exist any more), but they have the top 4 correct in U-17:

Real Madrid (Brentwood)

Germantown Fury (Memphis, not West Tn I've been told)

Diadora Impact (Knoxville)

Cobra 90 (Nashville)

These were the 4 State Cup semi-finalists last year and are ranked top 4 in about all rankings and over the years have been in the better tournaments and performed consistently better than the rest.

after that it is kind of a mix)

Historically, Stones River has beaten Real madrid more than the other way around.

The website www.soccerincollege.com is questionable in their rankings (they have several teams ranked that do not even exist any more), but they have the top 4 correct in U-17:

Real Madrid (Brentwood)

Cobra 90 (Nashville)

These were the 4 State Cup semi-finalists last year and are ranked top 4 in about all rankings and over the years have been in the better tournaments and performed consistently better than the rest.

Historically, Stones River has beaten Real madrid more than the other way around.

isn't there u-17 friendlies this weekend somewhere

Real Madrid (Brentwood)

Cobra 90 (Nashville)

Interesting - the U-16 looks correct in the top 4 also.

1. Stones River Lady Strikers

2. TNFC 91 Blue

3. Lady Lobos 91

4. ERSA Express 91

First time for me to see that particular website www.soccerincollege.com

The December GIT in Memphis will be the first Tounament where all these teams will be partisipating in. Will be interesting to see if they even get to play each other, depends on the brackets. Lots of good team there.

I know TNFC has added some players that should help them. Strikers I believe will have a new goalie and Arielle has moved to Florida but will remain on the roster and play at tournaments is my understanding.

There are U-17 friendlies in Lebanon this weekendSome good teams there. The schedule is as follows:

LSC ’90 Round Robin

November 18th 2006

1. Cobra ’90 Blue 7. ERSA Express ’90

2. Impact ’90 - Mummy 8. LSC ‘90

3. Brentwood Extreme ’91 9. Brentwood Pride ‘90

4. Lady Impact ‘90 10. MSC Strikers ‘90

5. Cobra ’90 11. Brentwood Attack ‘91

6. Lady Lobos ‘90 12. Brentwood Real Madrid ‘90

Saturday 18th

Time Field 1 Field 2 Field 3

8:00 1 vs. 2 3 vs. 4 5 vs. 6

10:00 7 vs. 8 9 vs. 10 11 vs. 12

12:00 1 vs. 3 2 vs. 5 4 vs. 6

2:00 7 vs. 9 8 vs. 11 10 vs. 12

Sunday 19th

Time Field 1 Field 2 Field 3

8:00 1 vs. 7 2 vs. 8 3 vs. 9

10:00 4 vs. 10 5 vs. 11 6 vs. 12

12:00 1 vs. 8 2 vs. 9 3 vs. 7

2:00 4 vs. 11 5 vs. 12 6 vs. 10

Real Madrid (Brentwood)

Cobra 90 (Nashville)

That is actually a very good website and many of the top tournaments are now using that as their barometer. I started using it two years ago and it has been pretty accurate. It doesn't go by tournament wins, but the quality of the opponent played. Teams that don't exist will fall off after a year. If you have time read over the way they weight games that go into their rankings. Very useful website

I like your comment next to Germantown. I am still confused why they are not considered West TN.

Edited by Soccer Gypsy

Yes the Memphis/West TN thing is kind of funny in my opinion.

Regarding soccerincollege.com I do agree that the system that they use to weight games (even include friendlies) is the best way to truly determine a teams ranking. However, (and they have gotten better and it seems continue too) they do not drop the teams off after a year. For example in the TN girls U-17 (which I'm most familiar with because my daughter plays in it and being the team manager I follow all of these rankings closely) teams are still shown (granted as NR, with two exceptions of teams that have not been out a year, HFC Sting 90 and I think Purple Rain ):

TN United-disbanded prior to last season

MTFC Quest- has not been around for about 3 years after the merger w/ Hendersonville to form TN UNited

Tenn Elite- has not been around for 2-3 years, I think became KFC

Memphis FC 90- Disbanded prior to last season

TNFC Premier - has not been around for about 4 years (they were actually ranked in the top 5 much of last season, becasue they had TN UNited's State Cup results attributed to them)

Yet, they are still better than gotsoccer.com where teams were playing weak tournaments that they could easily win just to build up points, and thereby increase their ranking.

The biggest flaw that I see with their system, is that most of the results are based upon self-reporting. Therefore, what many teams will do is report wins against good teams and not report losses. This bumps their overall rating up significantly, through the system of weighting. It's obvious that this is what is going on when a team only has 5-6 games reported for the season, and they are all very complementary. Last spring they took away the ability to see any teams results other than your own, unless you pay $29. Therefore, we can't self police our division or report scores that do not directly involve our team. I think they are on the right track, but need to get some of the flaws out. Since as you say many tournaments are depending more and more on the ratings of soccerincollege.com for acceptence and flight placement, they need to be correct. I will give them credit they are responsive about most things that you contact them for.

Soccer gypsy you say you use the system, are you a torunament director or college coach?

Yes the Memphis/West TN thing is kind of funny in my opinion.

Regarding soccerincollege.com I do agree that the system that they use to weight games (even include friendlies) is the best way to truly determine a teams ranking. However, (and they have gotten better and it seems continue too) they do not drop the teams off after a year. For example in the TN girls U-17 (which I'm most familiar with because my daughter plays in it and being the team manager I follow all of these rankings closely) teams are still shown (granted as NR, with two exceptions of teams that have not been out a year, HFC Sting 90 and I think Purple Rain ):

TN United-disbanded prior to last season

MTFC Quest- has not been around for about 3 years after the merger w/ Hendersonville to form TN UNited

Tenn Elite- has not been around for 2-3 years, I think became KFC

Memphis FC 90- Disbanded prior to last season

TNFC Premier - has not been around for about 4 years (they were actually ranked in the top 5 much of last season, becasue they had TN UNited's State Cup results attributed to them)

Yet, they are still better than gotsoccer.com where teams were playing weak tournaments that they could easily win just to build up points, and thereby increase their ranking.

The biggest flaw that I see with their system, is that most of the results are based upon self-reporting. Therefore, what many teams will do is report wins against good teams and not report losses. This bumps their overall rating up significantly, through the system of weighting. It's obvious that this is what is going on when a team only has 5-6 games reported for the season, and they are all very complementary. Last spring they took away the ability to see any teams results other than your own, unless you pay $29. Therefore, we can't self police our division or report scores that do not directly involve our team. I think they are on the right track, but need to get some of the flaws out. Since as you say many tournaments are depending more and more on the ratings of soccerincollege.com for acceptence and flight placement, they need to be correct. I will give them credit they are responsive about most things that you contact them for.

Soccer gypsy you say you use the system, are you a torunament director or college coach?

Just a coach a coach. I understand what you are saying about the NR around teams that don't exist. The other thing I don't get, sometimes is they will dual report results for tournaments or leagues. The funniest one is NSR. A team I used to coach a few years ago is still listed in the top 4, even though we merged with another team. 3 years of not existing but yet someone still ranks them in the top 4 of the state.

There is a way to still check on other teams in a round about way. Teams that are highlighted can get you access to all the teams in the club. For example, if you wanted to check on a tnfc team go to u-16 boys, click on tnfc 91, when their page comes up click on results and it will underline the club up top. Now click on the club and you can view the TNFC teams.

Still the best way to get into the tournaments you want are to be in the final 4 at the state tournament. Having semi-finalist, finalist, or state champ always gives your team an edge. In the end the tournament director will always be the deciding factor.

I wouldn't worry to much about what other teams report, of course unless it is wrong. I don't record friendlies because that is usually one of the few times I can try other things with my team. I just record tournaments and league games.

Thanks for the info.

I record our teams results and have always done it acurately. I have recorded some friendlies, but usually only with the better out of state teams and only with teams in our age group. You are correct about the State Cup Result. A top 4 finish adds instant credibility to your team. Tournaments always like to be able to say they have State Cup placeing teams attending.

Do you coach boys or girls?