realignment

wreaking havoc

there needs to be at least one or two respectable teams put on the other side of the bracket. if you look 5,6,and 7, 2-a are knocking each other out while alcoa only has smith county to deal with. no offense to smith county because i hope they pull the upset, but when one of the top teams in east tn wins their region with a 3-7(boyd-buchanan) record something needs to be done. heard ther is a scenario where goodpasture,east robertson, and dca may move to a new region on that side and possibly richland since they are closer to chattanoooga than some of the teams in their region. also heard lewis falling into goodpastures spot in 5-2a along with the two hickman county schools. this would bring huntingdon to the 6-2a region and adamsvile to the 7-2a. wow think of that. based on this years performance the top 3 in 6-2a would probably be camden, huntingdon, and waverly. not in any particular order of course. another scenario was to put one of the hickman county schools in 5 and one in 6. that is utterly rediculous because 6-2a would have a 10 team region allowing you to play only one team out of your region and that is wrong.

Edited by wreaking havoc

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

there needs to be at least one or two respectable teams put on the other side of the bracket. if you look 5,6,and 7, 2-a are knocking each other out while alcoa only has smith county to deal with. no offense to smith county because i hope they pull the upset, but when one of the top teams in east tn wins their region with a 3-7(boyd-buchanan) record something needs to be done. heard ther is a scenario where goodpasture,east robertson, and dca may move to a new region on that side and possibly richland since they are closer to chattanoooga than some of the teams in their region. also heard lewis falling into goodpastures spot in 5-2a along with the two hickman county schools. this would bring huntingdon to the 6-2a region and adamsvile to the 7-2a. wow think of that. based on this years performance the top 3 in 6-2a would probably be camden, huntingdon, and waverly. not in any particular order of course. another scenario was to put one of the hickman county schools in 5 and one in 6. that is utterly rediculous because 6-2a would have a 10 team region allowing you to play only one team out of your region and that is wrong.

That Boyd Buchanon team you speak of could have went undefeated with some of the other 2A schedules. There schedule was awful!!!

Hey , Ive got an idea. How about if your school gives scholarships or requires payment to go there go play in Division 2 and give the public schools a chance in 2-A.

tssaa likes to load some regions up some of things they do just don`t add up

look at region 2 aaa now that region is loaded plus now stone memorial is being placed in there. :thumb:

Boyd's schedule was pretty stiff but with a region of only 5 you could reach the playoffs by winning one game. That is unfair to the regions with 8 or 9 teams.

This is true! We have been in those big regions and been in the small ones as well. TSSAA does the best they can do with what they have. I do think the playoffs are to big and only 2 to 3 teams per region should get in. Its a money thing and I understand that to a point. You got to get paid somehow. All teams that offer scholarships and tuition fees should be in there own region or division. Its not fair to small public schools that have to work with what they have and can't recruit.

I wonder of hoo, hoo, hoo you speak ? Maybe the owls from Carthage!

They will do anything to avoid the privates! :thumb:

There is nothing wrong with avoiding a private school. Why try to compete when the odds are stacked against you. There is a difference between smart and stupid. I I I guess you haven't figured that out yet!!!???