Covington vs. Dyersburg

trojanfan56

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How will either one of these teams match up with David Lipscomb in the next round?

Covington lost at David Lipscomb last year in the playoffs. If they advance, they will be very tough to beat. Their offense was strong. We were beat by their passing game, although they can run it too. Their defense was good as well. This is not a team to take lightly. However, Giles County beat an undefeated Jackson South Side team last week, so I would not automatically assume that they will lose.

i got to see the covington - david lipscomb game last year......

that game was much closer than the score..... if covington could have made the catches...well, it might have been a much different game....

back to dyersburg.....we have yet to see this dyersburg team play their best game this season....their offense is sputtering and not hitting on all cylinders......if they can get that fuel line clean, then look out cause that offense has the potential to be a "boss hoss".....

this friday night should be another close ball game....neither team will score over 20 points.......

just like the haywood game, it will come down to penalties, turnovers, and kicking game......

good luck to dyersburg and hope that both teams can come out healthy and injury free.....

The last time dyersburg played covington yes dyersburg got the win but they did not beat use we beat ourselfs i can think of only one drive that dyersburg stopped us other than that we shot ourselfs in the foot we would be moving the ball and then fumble it away, This weeks game make no mistake about it will not be the same way you will need to score more than 3 points to beat us this time around and honestly i dont see you beating us this time with that said here is my prediction

covington 28

dyersburg 17

and shame on covington fans who sit at home on there couches get out and support your team everyone needs to pack the house at dyersburg this friday I'll be there will you GO CHARGERS!!!!

if i remember right both teams turned the ball over. its good to be confident but dont be silly about it the trojans d-fence picked 2 well thrown passes the trojans just made good d-fensive plays and it will be anouther good d-fence game,(I BELIEVE WHO EVER WINS THIS ONE WILL WINN THE STATE) both teams are good so dont knock eaither. dyersburg isnt suppose to be here right now but they are. everyone has picked them to loose both weeks but they havent just like everyone was picking crockett last week and south side as well but guess what neither are playing this week, the moral is that these two teams are here because both are darn good and dont think it will be a blow out like you predicted

my pick is dyersburg 14

covington 10

we had three interceptions and none of the passes where well thrown and the last two came at the end of the game when we were trying to move the ball to quick with very little time your only fumble that i remember came before are last drive so please dont make it sound like you all had as many mistakes as we had and im not knocking eather team its just the facts and please dont tell me about your team not supposed to be there no one gave use a chance not you guys or crockett and you see what happened to them all i have to say is be ready cause here we come good luck friday and we will see if im being silly

well first of all i want to say congrats to both teams for making it this far.it as been a tough season for both teams..you know we all get on here and want to say our team is gonna beat the other team because they are our team but no matter what those are our kids out there working there buts off just to play the next friday night.and we love them for that.. you know dyersburg went to covington and won yeah it was 3-0 but guess what that was last month this is a new day and all our kids are out there for a win just like before..i'm not gonna get on here and say dyersburg by this much even though i would love to see them move on cuz i have never seen my son more prouder then when he walked off that feild the last to fridays and i would love to see that again this friday but if not you know what that will be alright with me cuz i know they have gave there all .and all season long they have made there fans proud..no mattter if it was a win or a lost..so instead of saying yeah covington should of beat us last time they did this or dyersburg did that who really cares as long as our boys dont get hurt and us as fans remember these are our kids out there both teams as worked hard to get where they are at today and we will see friday night which one will play the next friday night so GOOD LUCK to both teams.. :(

this aint the same dyersburg team you seen last time either they have one goal in mind just like covington getting to the next round ..i dont care if covington as been in the playoff every year for the last 20 years this is a new year we as dyersburg fans can say the same thing we want to win just like covington..no matter if you beat yourself or whatever it was still a loss.dyersburg came away with the win..but this aint the same game this is the playoff and both teams are gonna come out and play some football and know matter what win or lose we as fans are proud of our teams...everyone said cockett was gonna make it all the way to state but they are getting ready for next season but you know they have nothing to be a shame about they played great football all season..so good luck to both teams and instead of saying dyersburg this much or covington this much lets just say hope no one gets hurt and we show great sportmenship...as i think both teams will be have plenty of fans there to cheer them on friday night i know i will be there..

I dont know what you saw but other then that drive were you running back had a 65 yard TD called back, the offense didnt really run all over us......It was pretty close, you guys made some mistakes but D'burg made one of the most biggest mistakes fumbling the ball with only like 3 minutes left but the defense made a giant stop to end it...

Rodney Gude really didnt have a lot of yards and it was a deadlock, neither team passed the ball that well, It was defensive all the way..But both teams haved worked really hard on things, Dyersburg has yet to play their best football yet, and they are reaching their peak closer and closer each week. I believe that this will be a week were it comes together. I think that if DHS can keep Covington from jumping on top of them early like they did on Crockett. They should have it in hand. I feel like both teams will be tough, but I think Rashad Taylor is starting to get over his injury so well see,,,,,Every day this one gets more and more interesting, I am excited to see what these two teams could possible have for David Liscomb....I know that David Liscomb passees the football well, so we will see, and other then Crockett late season no huddle , no team in this region really saw alot of that this year

:lol: after talking to some trojan players it seems that all the trojans are healthy other than a few colds and they said that the film that was shown to them covington didnt apear banged up at all... the players i talked to said that covington looked twice as good as the first time they played dyersburg and it would be tough battle that the trojans are up for... should be a awsome game better get there early or you might have to set on the visiters side it will be a packed home side :lol:

we had three interceptions and none of the passes where well thrown and the last two came at the end of the game when we were trying to move the ball to quick with very little time your only fumble that i remember came before are last drive so please dont make it sound like you all had as many mistakes as we had and im not knocking eather team its just the facts and please dont tell me about your team not supposed to be there no one gave use a chance not you guys or crockett and you see what happened to them all i have to say is be ready cause here we come good luck friday and we will see if im being silly

im sure your proud of your son and what the team has done but there is no need in getting all fired up on the trash talking, both teams are great teams and there is alot of respect between the two programs and coaching staffs, but if you think it will be a cake walk you will go home sad!!!!! be excpecting a hard hitting, low scoring game :lol: