Division ll

clintabbott

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few days ago I started to answer your question, but I was waiting for a reply on the request I had made to carry a live video stream of these games on schoolsportsradio.com.

The answer to both is no.

Sorry

Dean

schoolsportsradio.com

That stinks... I wonder why TSSAA doesn't want their playoff games televised?

I think they do want them televised, but for providing programing they want to receive some form of payment for them. The networks didn't make arrangements to do them.It cost a lot to put these games on and I don't blame them for wanting to be paid.

I didn't have any sponsors lined up for this broadcast and was going to do the broadcast just to receive the exposer.

I think they do want them televised, but for providing programing they want to receive some form of payment for them. The networks didn't make arrangements to do them.It cost a lot to put these games on and I don't blame them for wanting to be paid.

I didn't have any sponsors lined up for this broadcast and was going to do the broadcast just to receive the exposer.

Be paid? They already have a guarantee in place from the host city. What they want is free, free, free. Newspapers, radio, TV, we want you to give up space and time all year, but in the end, don't come calling.

Schoolsports is a great example. Been working your butt off all year to get positive pub for the kids (and it's a great thing B) ), but now that we got to the dance, don't forget you're just the driver. stay on the bus.

VI

Would this be a discrimination case? Public school games are on television but the financial aid giving schools games are not televised. What is the deal here? Who secures the advertising for the other games to be placed on television? It looks like we have a ton of unanswered questions.

Edited by cbg

T-V Game broadcasts are an expensive undertaking. Division II games, while important to the fans, don't have the drawing appeal of the D-I games.

In addition, nobody is going to watch a game between two private schools when you have VU-UT, Michigan/Ohio State, and a dozen or so other games are on at the same time. The D-I games compete against some conference championship games but the schedule is more open on that weekend other than those games.

I have been to both the DII Clinic Bowl (back at Vandy) as well as several BCBS Bowls in the 'Boro. The crowds are MUCH larger for the public schools (even in the smaller classes).

CBQ, it isn't discrimination. If the TSSAA could make money doing the DII broadcasts I'm sure they would.

While BA and Mccallie have some money, I doubt that the other schools have thousands to throw at a t-v broadcast that VERY few people would actually watch.

T-V Game broadcasts are an expensive undertaking. Division II games, while important to the fans, don't have the drawing appeal of the D-I games.

In addition, nobody is going to watch a game between two private schools when you have VU-UT, Michigan/Ohio State, and a dozen or so other games are on at the same time. The D-I games compete against some conference championship games but the schedule is more open on that weekend other than those games.

I have been to both the DII Clinic Bowl (back at Vandy) as well as several BCBS Bowls in the 'Boro. The crowds are MUCH larger for the public schools (even in the smaller classes).

CBQ, it isn't discrimination. If the TSSAA could make money doing the DII broadcasts I'm sure they would.

While BA and Mccallie have some money, I doubt that the other schools have thousands to throw at a t-v broadcast that VERY few people would actually watch.

Do you really feel that the D1A and D1AA game would draw more than the BA vs McCallie game?