Prayers to Alcoa players family and community

mcwrestler

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Apparently a tragic event has occured and an Alcoa football player was shot and killed. The Daily Times gives the name online but it is not confirmed so I will not post it yet. A tragedy, the residents heard 6 gunshots and they found a body in the yard. This is horrible news, as I knew this kid in passing and it shocks me at the callousness of people. Prayers to the community and school to deal with this horrific situation. From what I heard many people left school today after hearing the news.

Prayers from all of Monroe County. No words can be used for something so tragic. Seek God's comfort.

This teen was a former player and an Alcoa former student. It is a big tragedy in our little town. It is very unfortunate that our youth have to be thrown into the real world so soon. We consider our town to be very safe.

Nothing good happens after midnight. This is proof of that.

Parents: Know where your kids are and what they're doing; kids need parental guidance, even when they think they don't need it.

Thank you everyone for your prayers and thoughts.

Outstanding post and I agree with everything you said completely. Society has some how managed to fast forward our children to dangers that in my day just did not happen. Alcoa is still the peaceful little town it has always been, but unfortunately the world we live is has changed a great deal. Thoughts and prayers from your friends in Maryville.

i dont know if you will believe or accept this b/c of the past history between the two teams but this is a real tragedy and prayers and comfort go out to the family, from all OS, i just hope they find out what happened and justice is service. :thumb:

I believe that irregardless of history on the field this goes beyond that and prayers are all that can be done and are welcome. No new news on the situation yet.