Absolutely Ridiculous (Fulton at Catholic again)

Road2Three

Here we are, two days from the biggest game of the year and we can't even post reasonably about FOOTBALL on the FOOTBALL forum. The idiots, and that's what they are, posting on here and doing nothing but down Fulton students need to get a life and their facts straight. Is Fulton an inner-city school? Yes. Does Fulton have students who get in trouble? Sure. Can the Falcons flat out play some football? You better believe it. So get off players like Wagner who made a stupid mistake (He's not the only kid to ever make one) which is in the past and let's focus on the game Friday night. No doubt Catholic is a good football team and have won 23 of their last 25 games, Fulton isn't too bad themselves (Went to 3 of the last 4 State Championship games). The Falcons need to walk into KCHS Friday night with a swagger because they are Fulton, a team to be feared and shut all these people up who think they know, 'cause they don't.

Edited by Road2Three

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we are, two days from the biggest game of the year and we can't even post reasonably about FOOTBALL on the FOOTBALL forum. The idiots, and that's what they are, posting on here and doing nothing but down Fulton students need to get a life and their facts straight. Is Fulton an inner-city school? Yes. Does Fulton have students who get in trouble? Sure. Can the Falcons flat out play some football? You better believe it. So get off players like Wagner who made a stupid mistake (He's not the only kid to ever make one) which is in the past and let's focus on the game Friday night. No doubt Catholic is a good football team and have won 23 of their last 25 games, Fulton isn't too bad themselves (Went to 3 of the last 4 State Championship games). The Falcons need to walk into KCHS Friday night with a swagger because they are Fulton, a team to be feared and shut all these people up who think they know, 'cause they don't.

It's obvious that you haven't read the Giles Co. at Lipscomb thread <_<

What is everybody's thought about the weather ... it is going to be so sloppy out there ... benefit KC or Fulton ?????

Catholic because they are a Wing-T team and though Fulton is a running team first with Rogan they're also a team that can hurt you through the air with a guy like Freeney out there. Catholic's running backs have got to secure the football. Playing at home will also help them in trying to mentally overcome these tough conditions.

This game will be an all out war for 48 mins. These are 2 of the best teams in the state period. Both teams have athlete's galore. Fulton no doubt has the most speed and overall speed of the 2. Catholic will have to find a way to counter-act Fulton's speed like they did in the first meeting. If the game is close I think it favors Catholic. And it could come down to a FG. I know Catholic's kicker is a good one. He has the potential to hit one from 50 yd. range.

This game will be an all out war for 48 mins. These are 2 of the best teams in the state period. Both teams have athlete's galore. Fulton no doubt has the most speed and overall speed of the 2. Catholic will have to find a way to counter-act Fulton's speed like they did in the first meeting. If the game is close I think it favors Catholic. And it could come down to a FG. I know Catholic's kicker is a good one. He has the potential to hit one from 50 yd. range.

Should be a great game with the winner going on to be state champs---just like I predicted before the season began!! Don't really know why but I'm leaning toward Fulton. Hey Rocking Chair--- your picture ROCKS!!! :):)

Catholic because they are a Wing-T team and though Fulton is a running team first with Rogan they're also a team that can hurt you through the air with a guy like Freeney out there. Catholic's running backs have got to secure the football. Playing at home will also help them in trying to mentally overcome these tough conditions.

Is it crazy to say the advantage would actually be fultons? Everyone else seems to think it is, but personally i think its better for the falcons. Catholic leads the series 2-1 BUT in the 2 games they won, they relied heavily on the pass. The falcon d always seems to shut down catholics run, and with natour out, I think that gives the falcons the advantage in preventing their run again. The game that Fulton won, Catholic tried to run the ball all night, and accomplished nothing. For catholic to win, they must take advantage of smith's height over the falcons secondary(They need to throw more to win) whereas fulton's running attack hasnt been stopped by catholic completely yet(rogan has 100 yards rushing at least in all 3 games). The rain COULD take away the pass from both teams, giving fulton the advantage. :thumb:

I think that if Fulton comes out with some new plays instead of trying to run it up the middle every single play, they will win. Smith's height and athletic ability hurts because he can catch any pass and can jump. If Smith is shut down the Irish will have a long night, but Smith hasn't been shut down yet. Like I said earlier the key to going on is whoever can adjust during the game the best!

Is it crazy to say the advantage would actually be fultons? Everyone else seems to think it is, but personally i think its better for the falcons. Catholic leads the series 2-1 BUT in the 2 games they won, they relied heavily on the pass. The falcon d always seems to shut down catholics run, and with natour out, I think that gives the falcons the advantage in preventing their run again. The game that Fulton won, Catholic tried to run the ball all night, and accomplished nothing. For catholic to win, they must take advantage of smith's height over the falcons secondary(They need to throw more to win) whereas fulton's running attack hasnt been stopped by catholic completely yet(rogan has 100 yards rushing at least in all 3 games). The rain COULD take away the pass from both teams, giving fulton the advantage. :justwrestle:

I agree with fultonfalcon2006 that it would probably be an adavantage to fulton if the rain took the passing game away. In their regular season meeting, Catholic really took it to Fulton in the passing game. The thing to remember here is that these were short passes to HS that he took the distance. Kind of like an extended handoff. I think Fulton delivers in the running game no matter who they are playing, while KCHS really had trouble in their last game against the Falcons. No matter what the conditions, this game will be a great one and I encourage everyone in the Knoxville area whose team is already out to make the trip to see one of the better matchups with two of the better athletes Knoxville has seen in quite a few years.

What is everybody's thought about the weather ... it is going to be so sloppy out there ... benefit KC or Fulton ?????

The updated weather prediction calls for no rain after early evening Thursday, constant winds overnight and partly cloudy and cold (38 degrees) for Friday night. Catholic's field drains well except in a couple of areas and should be fast for a mid-November game. It may be perfect football weather, except for the frozen fans.

As for trash talk, it's not between the two teams. I've watched this rivalry pretty closely for the last two seasons. These teams seem to genuinely respect each other and that's good because the loser of this game will have lost its last game to the eventual State Champion. These are the two best in 3A and I wonder why TSSAA doesn't set up the playoffs so that once the playoffs start, two teams from the same district can't meet again before the finals. :justwrestle:

P.S. Tadvols, nice catch on my last post about the last Fulton game at Catholic. My cut and paste skills are obviously not very good and my proof reading is, well, pitiful. My intention was to post that Fulton didn't charge to park and neither had Catholic at the last game I was at or at any others this season. Those statements are accurate. My last post on the subject made no sense. Anyway, enjoy the game, your free parking, your hot dog, your diet Coke and, yes, the chili!

Edited by hoya75