Wilson Central to REPEAT in AAA

MtJBears

Well, well, well. Its that time again. BASKEBALL SEASON.

After reading some of the posts for teams to win the gold ball this comming season it appears for the most part Wilson Central is the OVERWHELMING favorite.

I for one well on record saying they'd go undefeated and repeat.

Just look what they have returning... A trio of post players inside with Hassle, Jenkins, and Williams. What a powerful trio they are.

With the two transfers from MJ it appeared that was icing on the cake.

After watching Riverdale defeat Wilson Central last night in Gladeville it appears there is some problems facing WC. Ofcourse they have the trio inside. But they have lost their point guard from last year's team. Calhoun moved and that seems to be the weakness.

Coach Brandon mentioned in the Lebanon Democrat that they were going to have to settle on who their point guard is and find out who are their wings.

Last nite against Wilson Central outrebounded Riverdale 47-27. You know if you outrebound anybody by that margin you are a shoe in for a victory or you have to find alot of other ways to lose the game and WC did just that.

Poor foul shooting, turnovers, and poor shot selection. Thats a perfect recipe to get beat and that they did.

In my opinion if they'd use Jenkins like they did last year it would help on the turnovers. Last year she would bring the ball down court against the press and after getting over the midcourt line turn the ball over to the point guard and set up your offense. It was rather obvious WC point guard was having trouble bringing the ball down against a press.

NOT TO TAKE anything away from Riverdale. They played a smart game and made the shots down the stretch to win the game. Lanning was nothing short of outstanding. Insell has a jewell comming to MTSU next year. AND speaking of MTSU what a SUPER GAME they played against Maryland last week. Had the Terps on the ropes and it took a super effect to by them to pull out the victory.

I think Insell is going to do some GREAT things with the MTSU woman's basketball program.

Not to say the problems with Central can't be corrected and a run at the State Championship again but lets not give them the Gold Ball just yet. They have the talent. They just need chemisty and working together as a team.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i think it was good for central to lose this early in the season. I believe an early loss has refocused them. They were shown it will not be easy to repeat. I believe by the next game you will see the fire in the players eyes and the guard play will be fixed. THey have a group of guards who can play but i guess they just had a bad game and im sure they coaches will get after them and show them how to correct the errors of the last game. The brain trust at WC will have the problem fixed. Good Luck Lady Cats

Whewww...... I was also getting worried MtJBears.... I thought they had already given the golden ball to Wilson Central.

Don't get me wrong: Wilson Central is a really good team. Watching them at the playday was a sure treat. However, we all know that basketball is purely a game of matchups. I personally think about 5-8 teams could honestly make a push at the championship. <_<

if theres any team besides Riverdale pull it off, it would be Wilson Central repeating. i know the coach brandons to a great job over there and have built a very respectable program in a short time. i can only hope for the same results if riverdale meets WC once again in the playoffs. riverdale girls where pretty pumped to leave there with a win last night, speaking about how they were outsized and WC was extremely difficult to defend. good luck to the wildcats this season, until when/if we meet again :thumb:

Well, well, well. Its that time again. BASKEBALL SEASON.

After reading some of the posts for teams to win the gold ball this comming season it appears for the most part Wilson Central is the OVERWHELMING favorite.

I for one well on record saying they'd go undefeated and repeat.

Just look what they have returning... A trio of post players inside with Hassle, Jenkins, and Williams. What a powerful trio they are.

With the two transfers from MJ it appeared that was icing on the cake.

After watching Riverdale defeat Wilson Central last night in Gladeville it appears there is some problems facing WC. Ofcourse they have the trio inside. But they have lost their point guard from last year's team. Calhoun moved and that seems to be the weakness.

Coach Brandon mentioned in the Lebanon Democrat that they were going to have to settle on who their point guard is and find out who are their wings.

Last nite against Wilson Central outrebounded Riverdale 47-27. You know if you outrebound anybody by that margin you are a shoe in for a victory or you have to find alot of other ways to lose the game and WC did just that.

Poor foul shooting, turnovers, and poor shot selection. Thats a perfect recipe to get beat and that they did.

In my opinion if they'd use Jenkins like they did last year it would help on the turnovers. Last year she would bring the ball down court against the press and after getting over the midcourt line turn the ball over to the point guard and set up your offense. It was rather obvious WC point guard was having trouble bringing the ball down against a press.

NOT TO TAKE anything away from Riverdale. They played a smart game and made the shots down the stretch to win the game. Lanning was nothing short of outstanding. Insell has a jewell comming to MTSU next year. AND speaking of MTSU what a SUPER GAME they played against Maryland last week. Had the Terps on the ropes and it took a super effect to by them to pull out the victory.

I think Insell is going to do some GREAT things with the MTSU woman's basketball program.

Not to say the problems with Central can't be corrected and a run at the State Championship again but lets not give them the Gold Ball just yet. They have the talent. They just need chemisty and working together as a team.

very good comments, and I think chemistry is the key. :justwrestle: